** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,227
    I should probably rephrase my comment, Mick, as I don't trust a lot of the polling out there... 

"That trump has any chance in this race..." would have been a better choice of words. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    I should probably rephrase my comment, Mick, as I don't trust a lot of the polling out there... 

"That trump has any chance in this race..." would have been a better choice of words. 

it IS baffling for sure. long convo with my brother friday. I dont get it. well I do, because of his chosen news sources. did offer he include Reuters and AP to the mix. he was receptive to the idea.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    I theorize that the polling firms are all "fitting the data" to some 2020 turnout model or something, and it's resulting in the same "tied" race in every poll. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    Its copium. 

The race is more of less tied with Harris having a slight advantage. She is probably 11 out of 20 coinflips.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    tbergs said:
    Unfortunately, it still comes down to gender for many voters and couple that with her mixed race and she loses those voters for no legitimate reason. Even some of the comments by posters here about voting against Trump like there's something about her that is so terrible.

Sexism is gross, but it's still very prevalent, especially in suburbia and with minority men. Just look at the report WaPo just did on college athletes and the disparate amounts of money women are getting compared to their less talented male counterparts.
    Saying they're voting against trump isn't a comment against Kamala. Many people are never-trumpers and would vote for anyone who runs against him, that isn't an insult to Kamala. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    I theorize that the polling firms are all "fitting the data" to some 2020 turnout model or something, and it's resulting in the same "tied" race in every poll. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better.
    It's the same thing that happened in '22. Right wing pollsters are making it seem closer than it is, even giving Trump a slight advantage, which he will use as part of his plan to convince his supporters the election was stolen from him if he loses again.

I am skeptical that all these forecast models are adequately prepared to deal with these polling firms that are spitting out numbers that do not quite make a whole lot of sense given the incredible stability of the race up to about last week. Like nothing has happened over the last week to suggest a surge towards Trump (or a surge the other way, for that matter).

Either way, all of the change is within the margin of error. So whether some place gives up Trump a 53% chance or some other place gives Harris a 52% chance.....it's a flip of the coin. Always has been.

Early polling seems to look good for the dems....but again, the media is stupidly comparing it to 2020 when we were in a global pandemic. 
    www.myspace.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    It’s incredible that 45-50% of American voters are still not accepting the idea of a woman president in 2024 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,959
    nicknyr15 said:
    njhaley1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    harris raised 47 million bucks from 600,000 donors in the first 24 hours after the debate.

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1834321121501741229
    Gross 
    Net, I think. 

Know what's gross? Inviting a 9/11 denier to the memorial with you. 

Got any friends or family that died in the towers? I do, and that's fucking gross. 
    Jeez I actually do. Chill the fuck out. The amount of money that gets donated to politicians is GROSS. That’s all I was pointing out. I don’t even know what you’re referencing. Thanks for reminding me to stay away from this section. Wow. 

They donate to get their agenda moved forward. It is that simple. I literally watched the second tower get hit from my rooftop. I still struggle with defining the appropriate response.
    It’s incredible that 45-50% of American voters are still not accepting the idea of a woman president in 2024 

And that is exactly why people need to be ready for a second Trump presidency, as much as I hate to say it. Hillary could not win. Is Kamala a better candidate?
    Get_Right said:

And that is exactly why people need to be ready for a second Trump presidency, as much as I hate to say it. Hillary could not win. Is Kamala a better candidate?
    Yes. She is a much better candidate. Election is a coin toss either way though. 
    www.myspace.com
    Get_Right said:

I am not sure about her being a better candidate. Her media presence is weak.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    edited October 21
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Maybe check your notes, the media presence schtick was the goal post marker a month ago, they moved on to she's dumb and can't make decisions because she's a woman. Next up will be that's she's a bitch who can't get along with anyone.

Your passive trolling is at least less abrasive than the last one on here. Nice work!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

HRC had 20 years of baggage and damage from right wing media.  Trump was also an unknown. 
    tbergs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Maybe check your notes, the media presence schtick was the goal post marker a month ago, they moved on to she's dumb and can't make decisions because she's a woman. Next up will be that's she's a bitch who can't get along with anyone.

Your passive trolling is at least less abrasive than the last one on here. Nice work!

cant get along was already used and debunked. bunch of butthurt former MALE staffers took exception of how prepared she was......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • don't listen to the polls. vote like harris is 15 points behind.

i still do not believe this race is even close. remember the red waves that have not materialized the last few cycles? what is past is prologue.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    tbergs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just calling it like i see it. I am not passing judgement on her. Nobody in my town is excited about Kamala. And we are as blue as it gets, at least on the east coast.
    Get_Right said:
    tbergs said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just calling it like i see it. I am not passing judgement on her. Nobody in my town is excited about Kamala. And we are as blue as it gets, at least on the east coast.
    Is your town 10 people and you know everyone? What an odd statement to make. I live in a township in the sticks and even here at least 30% of us are excited about her and I'm in red meat land of obnoxious over sized Trump flags and yard decorations like you'd see if Trump was a holiday celebration. Fucking weird.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Disagree with this notion for sure. Clinton was much weaker simply due to having 30 years of political baggage under her belt. I could not stand her but felt as if I had to vote for her. Not even close to feeling the same way this time around and I think she will pull off the victory HRC could not. 
    www.myspace.com
    Love the anecdotal takes
    edited October 21
    Maybe people aren’t excited because people are just fucking tired of politics being the everything all of the time.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    edited October 21
    Love the anecdotal takes
    There are more Trump signs on my street. That's it. He is going to win. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Love the anecdotal takes
    His town is clearing indicative of the 150 million electorate though. 

and of the other 90 million or so that were eligible in 22.... but did not vote.

am happy to say I inspired one friend disillusioned with it all to reregister. he and his wife already voted early. how he voted, I havent asked yet. will wait if I choose to ask . however he voted, it was most important he participate imo....

• It’s incredible that 45-50% of American voters are still not accepting the idea of a woman president in 2024 
    Wrong, they are not accepting the choice of the dumb dumb the dummies annointed…
    Wrong, they are not accepting the choice of the dumb dumb the dummies annointed…
    Good thing you value intelligence then and are voting Trump. 🙄
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    don't listen to the polls. vote like harris is 15 points behind.

i still do not believe this race is even close. remember the red waves that have not materialized the last few cycles? what is past is prologue.

All this, 100%
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,762
    Love the anecdotal takes
    There are more Trump signs on my street. That's it. He is going to win. 
    same.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,762
    How eloquently put. You can't argue with a rational, well stated response like that. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    More Harris signs on my street. Blue tsunami!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • It’s incredible that 45-50% of American voters are still not accepting the idea of a woman president in 2024 
    How eloquently put. You can't argue with a rational, well stated response like that. 
    That was the point, there is no argument.  God y’all r so easy…Kami loves you
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,227
    That was the point, there is no argument.  God y’all r so easy…Kami loves you
    You forgot to project your own hate filled rotten troll brain onto everyone else here. You're slipping. 

Mahalo.