** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,744
    I watched and don't think it went too well.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    edited October 17
    I thought she handled herself very well.

Conversely, Trump looked unprepared in his townhall. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,228

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    At the Trump "Women's" Town Hall, somehow he was asked about Amber Thurman. If you missed it, she died because of Georgia's abortion law. He made some stupid joke about it and all the MAGAT ladies laughed their asses off. She was a black woman, so maybe it doesn't count for them. Or maybe because it was an after effect of her trying to have an early term abortion, so "she deserved it".

I've heard supposedly there's some sort of religious justification for people supporting Trump. I don't understand it, since he does everything that's the exact opposite of what Jesus would do. Anyway, if there really is an afterlife, the people laughing about a woman murdered essentially by these people's votes aren't gonna enjoy it very much.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    I thought she handled herself very well.

Conversely, Trump looked unprepared in his townhall. 

Yeah I thought she did fine. It was clearly meant to be a trump campaign ad based on Baier's line of questions.

He kept cutting her off which was pretty rude but expected I guess. I love how she brought up Milley, Pence, etc., not supporting trump. I still cannot figure out how that doesn't disqualify him on its own.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited October 17
    The contrast between him bumbling through his answers at those townhall's and Harris going right at Brett Baier and calling Fox out on their bullshit when he played that edited video of Trump could not be more starker.

Sincerely doubt Trump will show his face at a non maga friendly venue for the next few weeks.

Really hope she ends up doing Rogan's show. 
    www.myspace.com

Really hope she ends up doing Rogan's show. 
    Agreed. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    I won’t listen, but yes, she should do it. 
    Why won't you listen?
    www.myspace.com
    Why won't you listen?
    I would listen just to hear her school him... and she would do just that. He wouldn't be half as tough as Baier. 
    I don't think Rogan would be unfair...I could be wrong

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Why won't you listen?
    I would listen just to hear her school him... and she would do just that. He wouldn't be half as tough as Baier. 
    I've never listened to his show but I always want to watch/listen to these things to get a feel for how others are perceiving it. Like last night, I think most reasonable people came away feeling as if she was tough.
    www.myspace.com
    I agree… I think he has his preconceived notions, but I also think he would be willing to listen, and I think she might even open his eyes to some things. I think it would be great for her campaign if it happened. 
    Why won't you listen?
    I've never listened to his show but I always want to watch/listen to these things to get a feel for how others are perceiving it. Like last night, I think most reasonable people came away feeling as if she was tough.
    I listened to several episodes a while back in an effort to see what the appeal is. I heard him interview Maynard, Josh Hommes, Bill Burr, Tulsi Gabbard, Alex Jones, Gavin McInnes & others… it did little to endear me to him, and some of those interviews left me thinking he’s a complete dipshit, but he can absolutely be reasonable. I think he can also be open to persuasion from a lot of guests, and sometimes lets them steer the ship… I think Kamala would fall into that category. I feel only more strongly about this since yesterday’s Fox interview. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Posts: 36,679
    edited October 17
    Rogan would be a cake walk. He'll ask her some out of bounds nutty conspiracy questions that will garner some sound bites for the right when she pivots away from answering them. But ultimately, it will all be soft balls. 

However, if she gets too comfortable, she could end up with a Hot Sauce Hillary gaffe. But I think she's smarter than that. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    edited October 17
    Why won't you listen?
    i won't listen because he is a dumbass.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Why won't you listen?
    He’s not my thing. And I don’t want to reward him with clicks
    I won't listen because I really don't know where to even go...I'll just watch the clips that survive

• I won't listen because I really don't know where to even go...I'll just watch the clips that survive
    spotify. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    I won't listen because I really don't know where to even go...I'll just watch the clips that survive

youtube channel live.

and spotify
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

youtube channel live.

and spotify
    The internet, my man! lol

I would bet that Trump would beg and plead to go on after her, though, and Rogan will probably agree to it. Either way, I think this would be great. 
    www.myspace.com
  • all 3 of them should sit down while watching UFC and smoking cigars and hitting the bong. 

www.headstonesband.com

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/republican-national-committee-mail-ballot-suit-dropped-20241017.html

RNC abandons lawsuit against Montgomery County that could have slowed mail ballot counting

The Republican National Committee dropped its lawsuit against Montgomery County. They had argued the county improperly sent ballots before completing state required testing.

Montgomery County Commissioner Neil Makhija then a candidate voting with his wife Rachel Nash at the Ludington Library in Bryn Mawr in 2023
    Montgomery County Commissioner Neil Makhija, then a candidate, voting with his wife Rachel Nash at the Ludington Library in Bryn Mawr in 2023.Steven M. Falk / Steven M. Falk / Staff Photograp
      by Katie BernardPublished Oct. 17, 2024, 10:39 a.m. ET

The Republican National Committee dropped a lawsuit against Montgomery County after acknowledging the county had completed adequate testing of ballots and machines before it mailed ballots to voters last month.

The RNC had sued the county last month, saying election officials made ballots available before completing state-required logic and accuracy testing on voting machines. The county said at the time that it had completed all testing of ballots before making them available to voters and that it also tested the machines that count mail ballots after making ballots available in-person but before mailing ballots out.

When the lawsuit was filed, the Pennsylvania Department of State criticized the suit as frivolous and said Montgomery County had completed all required testing before it printed ballots and made them available.

In a filing last week, the RNC dropped its request that Montgomery County stop sending mail ballots, agreeing that proper testing had taken place. The organization dropped the suit on Monday.

In a news release last week, the RNC described the litigation as an “election integrity win,” and said its efforts had delayed the mailing of ballots in the county by several days. Montgomery County made ballots available in offices on Sept. 17 but did not mail ballots until after machine testing concluded on Sept. 23. The RNC’s legal team had sent a letter to Montgomery County expressing their concern on the 17th.

“Election officials must be held accountable, and that’s exactly what we’ve done in Montgomery County. Rules, safeguards, and laws are critical to ensuring there are no holes in the system that undermine voters or election integrity,” RNC Chairman Michael Watley said in a statement.

The RNC filed a separate lawsuit earlier this week against the suburban county over its use of a mobile voter services van. The suit would not directly impact voters or the counting of votes, but it asked the county to stop using the van until it had publicly posted a full schedule of where and when it would be used.

www.myspace.com
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    Poncier said:
    I finally got to watch it and I agree.
    Didnt seem to answer any of the questions, which is why Bret kept interrupting. And while avoiding the questions  she’d respond with “But Trump…..”
    Kudos for going in fox, but she needs to be able to answer a question without turning the focus to Trump 

• mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:
    I finally got to watch it and I agree.
    Didnt seem to answer any of the questions, which is why Bret kept interrupting. And while avoiding the questions  she’d respond with “But Trump…..”
    Kudos for going in fox, but she needs to be able to answer a question without turning the focus to Trump 

lmao ok.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    I mean, when you are running against one other person, you kinda have to contrast yourself to them. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,744
    I mean, when you are running against one other person, you kinda have to contrast yourself to them. 
    Of course. But at least give some semblance of an answer to the questions at hand in the process.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    Poncier said:
    Of course. But at least give some semblance of an answer to the questions at hand in the process.
    Exactly. No one expects her not to mention Trump. But when that’s the focus of every answer, you want more substance.
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 736
    It's just not as exciting when no one mentions eating cats and dogs or illegal criminal transvestites.