*** Barcelona, Spain 2 Fanviews Here 7.8.24 ***

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    Tell me more about Carlos from the audience in YLB what happened?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,060
    Tell me more about Carlos from the audience in YLB what happened?
    Theres a video on facebook Rob, its absolutely incredible. He played Ledbetter and its such a cool moment to see

I think its in the Barcelona 2024 group if you are in there
    Robbert said:
    eboweddie said:
    A special mention to the dickhead taxi drivers trying to charge people 100 quid back into the city centre.  Wankers 

Oh man terrible🤣.
    My hotel was 3 kilometers from the venue. Asked them how much....50 euros🤣
    I quite enjoyed the walk back to the city after the show. It didnt take long, there were tons of happy people everywhere......the best part was it was all downhill :)
  • RobbertRobbert Posts: 913
    pdalowsky said:
    Robbert said:
    eboweddie said:
    A special mention to the dickhead taxi drivers trying to charge people 100 quid back into the city centre.  Wankers 

Oh man terrible🤣.
    My hotel was 3 kilometers from the venue. Asked them how much....50 euros🤣
    I quite enjoyed the walk back to the city after the show. It didnt take long, there were tons of happy people everywhere......the best part was it was all downhill :)
    Yeah i know. At the end ive walked the 3 kilometers. Was just curious how much it would be. The taxi trip to the venue was 9 euros, so i thought and wondered how mich it would be
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited July 9
    Pearl Jam fans = okey with pearl jam charging whatever because ”its a market economy”

not okey with a taxi driver doing the same
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Such a swedisch thing to say😉🤣
  • DL136722DL136722 Posts: 686
    Decent but please get rid of corduroy, alive, black etc. So boring. So many great songs never being played. 

So long playing for the hardcore fans 😞
    Not sure why this is getting ragged on. PJ can still put on an amazing show with hits along with a bit more diversity with their setlists. So many amazing older songs that hardly ever get played live. 

For example, it's frustrating to see the Earthlings played Dirty Frank multiple times on the quick little tour in smaller venues. It'd be cool if they played some of the deeper older cuts like dirty frank, brother, just a girl, leash, alone, hard to imagine, sad, fatal, etc...

The crowds would go crazy for these songs because they're so good! 

Also, to help Ed out, why doesn't Stone sing a song or two? They could sprinkle in Mankind and/or Don't gimme no lip into the setlists.

They could also do instrumentals like Cready Stomp and Brother (as it was released with and without vocals)

There's so much more to PJ than the hits. For me, their shows aren't as diverse as time goes on. I'm not saying play everything off lost dogs and Xmas singles but they could mix it up in a different way. 

I mean, they could play just PJ songs and stop doing covers in general for a while. Personally, if I'm paying the money being asked for a PJ show, I want to hear PJ songs.

Different strokes for different folks I guess but it does baffle me when people are ok with these prices and getting less songs. 

I get it, they're simply older so it's harder to do. With that said, doesn't seem right to charge more and play less but that's seems to be everything nowadays, it's the unfortunate reality. 
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • DL136722DL136722 Posts: 686
    Pearl Jam fans = okey with pearl jam charging whatever because ”its a market economy”

So true
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    DL136722 said:
    Decent but please get rid of corduroy, alive, black etc. So boring. So many great songs never being played. 

Not sure why this is getting ragged on. PJ can still put on an amazing show with hits along with a bit more diversity with their setlists. So many amazing older songs that hardly ever get played live. 

For example, it's frustrating to see the Earthlings played Dirty Frank multiple times on the quick little tour in smaller venues. It'd be cool if they played some of the deeper older cuts like dirty frank, brother, just a girl, leash, alone, hard to imagine, sad, fatal, etc...

The crowds would go crazy for these songs because they're so good! 

Also, to help Ed out, why doesn't Stone sing a song or two? They could sprinkle in Mankind and/or Don't gimme no lip into the setlists.

They could also do instrumentals like Cready Stomp and Brother (as it was released with and without vocals)

There's so much more to PJ than the hits. For me, their shows aren't as diverse as time goes on. I'm not saying play everything off lost dogs and Xmas singles but they could mix it up in a different way. 

I mean, they could play just PJ songs and stop doing covers in general for a while. Personally, if I'm paying the money being asked for a PJ show, I want to hear PJ songs.

Different strokes for different folks I guess but it does baffle me when people are ok with these prices and getting less songs. 

I get it, they're simply older so it's harder to do. With that said, doesn't seem right to charge more and play less but that's seems to be everything nowadays, it's the unfortunate reality. 
    I try to not complain as much about the setlists. I've certainly done my share of complaining in the past but I have come to accept that they know what they are doing and to second guess them is ridiculous.

I do agree with you on the covers though. I can't imagine that they are all that enthused about playing RITFW. Baba maybe. I know the crowd loves it but the crowd would also love a PJ tune.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    I've got to the point that when you are at a show it doesn't matter what the set list is.  When you watch from a far it's far too easy to criticise the set when it's coming through but in the building I've never thought oh this is a dead set list. Ever
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,371
    edited July 9

Jesus Christ lol

Killer set 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,102
    Just got back home to the UK now. Thanks PJ for two incredible nights that will live long in the memory. The Spanish fans brought it for a second night and the band were fantastic again.

They got through a few requests I saw on the forum, nice moments. Ed had signed, doodled and wrote messages on some of the tambourines. Congrats to those who scored them! And a really great moment for the fan who played guitar on YL, loved how he shook hands with all the band members at the end, made the most of every opportunity, I was thinking I’d have done exactly the same! 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder

Jesus Christ lol

Killer set 
    Well I could never ever get tired of seeing them play corduroy, black and alive......not at any point ever. From the crowd's reaction to those songs also I sense Im not in the minority. They were HUGE and were absolutely nailed. 

Very easy to diss this on paper, but those tracks were absolutely incredible as they pretty much always are. Its fantastic to part of the community around you when those get played and the passion they evoke. 
  • TO42596TO42596 Posts: 143
    edited July 9
    Another great show in one of my favorite cities. Personal highlights were finally hearing Oceans at my 30th show! Off He Goes always a great treat, as was Immortality. Loved hearing Waiting for Stevie and Something Special for the first time. The former not one of my favorites on the album, but really loved it live (just goes to show), the latter I really like on the album and it didn't disappoint live (too bad though they had to interrupt half way, but can only support Ed doing that if something is amiss in the crowd). Encore was GOLD. Love Smile, First time hearing Running and it was GREAT. And then the run of SOLAT, Black, Alive, RITFW, YLed.... amazing. I was all the way back of the arena (I like some space) and I saw soooo much happiness and euphoria around me. Specially in countries they don't visit often, all shows should have such an ending. We must realize the vast majority of the crowd are locals, not traveling abroad to/for shows. They deserve it!
    Post edited by TO42596 on
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
    2024 Manchester, Barcelona I & II
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,376
    DL136722 said:

So true
    I seem to recall large numbers of Pearl Jam fans who posted here making it clear that they were not at all "okey" with Pearl Jam charging "whatever."

Unless you can show that the guy who balked at the high cab price previously expressed approval of high ticket prices, this is not the example of hypocrisy you both think it is. 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.

This photo hangs in every cab. For sure there is a onwritten rule that the driver can ask what he wants
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    Robbert said:

This photo hangs in every cab. For sure there is a onwritten rule that the driver can ask what he wants
    I haven't taken a cab in ages but definitely encountered that move in the US. Asks for an exorbitant amount up front. Doesn't turn the meter on. Rare but definitely encountered it.
  • fl247556fl247556 Posts: 291
    TO42596 said:
    Another great show in one of my favorite cities. Personal highlights were finally hearing Oceans at my 30th show! Off He Goes always a great treat, as was Immortality. Loved hearing Waiting for Stevie and Something Special for the first time. The former not one of my favorites on the album, but really loved it live (just goes to show), the latter I really like on the album and it didn't disappoint live (too bad though they had to interrupt half way, but can only support Ed doing that if something is amiss in the crowd). Encore was GOLD. Love Smile, First time hearing Running and it was GREAT. And then the run of SOLAT, Black, Alive, RITFW, YLed.... amazing. I was all the way back of the arena (I like some space) and I saw soooo much happiness and euphoria around me. Specially in countries they don't visit often, all shows should have such an ending. We must realize the vast majority of the crowd are locals, not traveling abroad to/for shows. They deserve it!
    Im agree with all, Oceans come for my 21th show !
    freddie vedder
    fl247556 said:
    TO42596 said:
    Im agree with all, Oceans come for my 21th show !
    Show nr.33, also first time to see it
  • Magic_NYCMagic_NYC Posts: 32
    30+ shows and this was my favorite version of Black. One of the highlights for me which can’t be overstated was the crowd creating a string of notes and everyone singing in unison for easily 2 minutes to the point where Ed figured out the notes on his guitar and made up lyrics on the spot. That was insane. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,948
    Magic_NYC said:
    30+ shows and this was my favorite version of Black. One of the highlights for me which can’t be overstated was the crowd creating a string of notes and everyone singing in unison for easily 2 minutes to the point where Ed figured out the notes on his guitar and made up lyrics on the spot. That was insane. 
    Agreed and it then went right into Immortality.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I loved it. I was concerned about the blocked off section in the back and the blocked off 300 seats. But it all went away when I saw they gave it their 500 percent. The crowd was incredible. I did not see one uninvolved person. Ocean was perfect. My third in 32 shows <3. Off he goes lovely. My brother complained about the sound, but I have heard far worse. It seemed to be a bit messier with the newer songs. Always a treat!

Please do consider lowering the prices in Europe next time. I would have loved to see more than one show as I have done in previous years.

Thanks for everything!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • FroggieFroggie Posts: 235
    Had a great night a couple of rows in front of Mike. He really is incredible. He gives so much and played amazingly. Managed to get a few short videos. Immortality solo was so good. What a great two nights. Definitely helps make up for the cancelled shows in Berlin. Was beyond disappointing. The sound was great. The vocals could have been louder though. Thank you PJ. 
  • Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 147
    Isn’t Classic Pearl Jam the best Pearl Jam?

I’m an old(er) fan with few live shows, would have been curious to hear more stuff off Dark Matter but I’ll take anything the guys decide to play especially when made with such passion, and reciprocated by the adoring fans attending.

Kinda missed a golden circle, I was pretty near Mike and it would have been even more special if the dudes in front of me just enjoyed the show instead of keeping their fucking phones up all the time. 

So happy to have made it though, and happy for the band in good health and good spirits, and happy for everyone that has a chance to see them live again. Have fun at the festivals!
    Roma 1996 - Milano 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milano 2014 - EV Firenze & Taormina I+II 2017 - EV Barolo 2019 - Imola 2022 - Barcelona II 2024
  • pablitenpabliten Posts: 2
    just_one said:
    For the love of all that is sacred,  does someone has a vídeo of smile and the names on the screen? My wifes name and mine were there "Pedro & Inês to your future days " we couldnt believe it!!! Or just a picture of it will do. Please help us out!!!!
    Got a video fragment with your names on it!
  • Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 147
    Also, if you walked down the stairs from the National Museum,  how cool was it to hear the guy play Jeremy on the saxophone?
    Roma 1996 - Milano 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milano 2014 - EV Firenze & Taormina I+II 2017 - EV Barolo 2019 - Imola 2022 - Barcelona II 2024
  • Joshfox22Joshfox22 Posts: 37
    edited July 11

Post edited by Joshfox22 on
  • Fantastic night in Barcelona, booked only a couple of days before, having missed out in London, I had to pull out all the stops to go.

Thoroughly enjoyed the crowd and the band, from down near the front and everyone was in fine form, have never stood in front of Jeff before so really enjoyed this. 

Started the show by ‘completing’ Ten with Oceans, and into another favourite, Off He Goes!  The big hits were even better in the crowd, I fell back in love with Even Flow and the crowd singalong at the end was brilliant and led to a lovely improv.  Rearviewmirror was also a big highlight at the end of the main set.

Then, in the encore I got my favourite song on No Code, Smile, live for the first time at the 14th time of hoping!  Beamed from ear-to-ear throughout it.  Then into Running and a fierce SOLAT.  I had almost run out of energy at this point, but it’s hard not to jump around a little to RITFW.  Then a good singalong of Yellow Ledbetter to see us off into the night.

Easily my favourite show I have seen since 2006.  I have now scratched my itch, and shall just patiently await the next return to Europe.

Thanks PJ and everyone at the Palau Sant Jordi!

Peace,
    Matt

• ChimisteChimiste Posts: 6
    Thanks for the pictures ! They are really nice ! 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,295
    Night 2 was great and slightly better than Night 1. Both much better than the other show I was at (Manchester).

The energy in the room was great, and was pleased to hear Whoever Said (missed it in 2022 on my five Euro shows) and 1/2 Full in particular.