Barcelona up now. Madrid on deck.

bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
Would be surprised but not shocked (and would mean something more serious) if Barcelona shows don't happen.  If not, may be thinking about buying a one day pass to Mad Cool just in case.  Hopefully it won't sell out before.  

Since I've got Lisbon tickets I guess I'm going to make the trip across the pond unless they cancel the rest of the tour by July 5th.  

Sucks for those going to London and Berlin.  Here is to good vibes for Barcelona.  

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Would be surprised but not shocked (and would mean something more serious) if Barcelona shows don't happen.  If not, may be thinking about buying a one day pass to Mad Cool just in case.  Hopefully it won't sell out before.  

Since I've got Lisbon tickets I guess I'm going to make the trip across the pond unless they cancel the rest of the tour by July 5th.  

Sucks for those going to London and Berlin.  Here is to good vibes for Barcelona.  
    Everything crossed bud, if it goes ahead Im going to move heaven and earth to be there too
  • mumimumi Posts: 662
    edited July 1
    I live in Madrid but wanted to attend their own show and not a festival. The organization of the last festival I went to in Madrid was disastrous, please bear that in mind and take measures to be at the festival doors  early, probably getting there by your own means (no festival shuttle is recommended).
    I’ll be in BCN for both shows, hopefully they wont cancel both, it would be my third cancellation from the band or the organization (Prague 2022, Bs As 2018). 
    Post edited by mumi on
    Uno es dueño de lo que calla
    y esclavo de lo que habla.
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    Preparing myself to deal with the Barcelona sunk cost fallacy.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    With Berlin getting cancelled several days out (even after several days of potential recuperation time), it has me skeptical for Barcelona.  Somebody is sick with something where it isn't going to be a quick bounce back.  
  • GianGiovi94GianGiovi94 Posts: 91
    With Berlin getting cancelled several days out (even after several days of potential recuperation time), it has me skeptical for Barcelona.  Somebody is sick with something where it isn't going to be a quick bounce back.  
    maybe Covid?
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited July 1
    Could also be a different "overly careful" strategy not risking more blowback from fans, after cancelling when people were in the actual venue last time around etc. As in, staying clear of criticism/having a heart and giving people a chance to cancel flights and hotels etc. They have mentioned "travelling fans" in both their cancellation posts.

Doubt that for the organisation is worth risking loosing out money on a show for, which could have been played if they just kept it cool a day or two more. But who knows.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Could also be a different "overly careful" strategy not risking more blowback from fans, after cancelling when people were in the actual venue last time around etc. As in, staying clear of criticism/having a heart and giving people a chance to cancel flights and hotels etc.
    That would be the positive spin, but that is several days ahead of time for show #2.   I get it, but the majority of people at the show aren't going to be traveling so it doesn't make sense to me to cancel several days in advance when there is a chance the show could go on.  The travelers know there is a chance the show could be canceled and they need to make the difficult decision for themselves.  I don't see the band canceling a show that has a chance just because of travelers.  They canceled Raleigh when they could have played it.  The costs to travelers did not factor in. 

Could also be a different "overly careful" strategy not risking more blowback from fans, after cancelling when people were in the actual venue last time around etc. As in, staying clear of criticism/having a heart and giving people a chance to cancel flights and hotels etc.
    That would be the positive spin, but that is several days ahead of time for show #2.   I get it, but the majority of people at the show aren't going to be traveling so it doesn't make sense to me to cancel several days in advance when there is a chance the show could go on.  The travelers know there is a chance the show could be canceled and they need to make the difficult decision for themselves.  I don't see the band canceling a show that has a chance just because of travelers.  They canceled Raleigh when they could have played it.  The costs to travelers did not factor in. 

yeah true.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839

Should
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,610
    I'm sure the costs of moving the stage, gear and crew are a major factor after the health of the band/crew
    Matt just posted a photo on IG of what looks like London.  It is a river.  Good to see he is okay. 
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    edited July 2
    Rock fest in Barcelona on saturday the 6th a alternative with Deep Purple, Europe, Pantera and Wolfmother?
    That would be an interesting show.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,152
    Update from Jeff

Hoping that is good news!  Although I don’t know if I like “full stop”.
    demetrios said:
    Update from Jeff

Any clue what this is telling us?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    Maybe some joker pulled the fire alarm at the hotel or there was an alarm malfunction and they had to temporarily evacuate.  I’ve had that happen a number of times including at the Hilton in Baltimore after their show in 2013.  Had to spend a half hour outside while they sorted out the false alarm at like 2am. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,062
    I read it as Jeff’s been holed up in a hotel room with Covid and he’s been cleared to leave the hotel now he’s not sick/infectious  
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    I read it as Jeff’s been holed up in a hotel room with Covid and he’s been cleared to leave the hotel now he’s not sick/infectious  
    Don’t think there’s any sorts of rules 
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    Matt is out and about, Stone was sick before they left for Europe, Eddie was out of breath 9-10 days ago in Dublin…sounds like it’s Jeff and Mike that are fucked up. Probably the two guys Eddie interacts with most on stage. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,463
    Matt is out and about, Stone was sick before they left for Europe, Eddie was out of breath 9-10 days ago in Dublin…sounds like it’s Jeff and Mike that are fucked up. Probably the two guys Eddie interacts with most on stage. 
    Mike was in Starbucks yesterday..someone got a Pic with him and he looked great. 
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    deb1211 said:
    Mike was in Starbucks yesterday..someone got a Pic with him and he looked great. 
    Maybe the crew is sick too. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Don’t think there’s any sorts of rules 
    Not legal ones, but there could be policies in place to try and keep tours from going off the rails from bands getting sick.  I also wouldn't be surprised if there are requirements to get insurance to reduce the risk insurance companies have to pay out.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,880
    Matt just posted a photo on IG of what looks like London.  It is a river.  Good to see he is okay. 
    This post looked great until I got to the word “London”.  Was really hoping that word was Barcelona! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    deb1211 said:

edited July 3
    Some fresh posts on PJ’s instagram including a couple random ones.   I am hoping that is a good sign that they are coming back up for air and ready to move forward.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    Some fresh posts on PJ’s instagram including a couple random ones.   I am hoping that is a good sign that they are coming back up for air and ready to move forward.
    The first word in one of the posts was "unfortunately." For a second I thought it might be more bad news, but it was just referencing the prior cancelations and showing the posters.  
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    This post looked great until I got to the word “London”.  Was really hoping that word was Barcelona! 
    That post was on July 1st. Still time to get there
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    edited July 3
    Álvaro covoes, the guy behind nos alive told a very well known portuguese music magazine that all shows that the last update he got was that both spanish shows (Barcelona and madrid) and lisbon are still happenning
    Post edited by just_one on
    just_one said:
    Álvaro covoes, the guy behind nos alive told a very well known portuguese music magazine that all shows that the last update he got was that both spanish shows (Barcelona and madrid) and lisbon are still happenning
    Definitely the part line - these things are happening until they are not