*** MANCHESTER - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,768
    JackD. said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Just saw SOLAT on youtube....yikes.
    Talk about caught between a rock and a hard place.

The show must go on with shot vox versus the backlash of cancelling.
    You can definitely tell he’s sick there. He’s got 4 days to rest up though. All will be well!
    I’m fearing the worst. I know of quite a few people that had this ‘cold’ recently (including myself), & it lasted anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks 😬
    Hopefully, as someone mentioned, he will get the best doctor(s) available on it & come through the other side 🤞🏻
    As if there is exactly ONE cold going around…..

But yeah. It must be that. And juding by 4 weeks they better cancel the whole EU leg.
    Calm down mate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 514
    JackD. said:
    Kwieneke said:

You can definitely tell he’s sick there. He’s got 4 days to rest up though. All will be well!
    I’m fearing the worst. I know of quite a few people that had this ‘cold’ recently (including myself), & it lasted anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks 😬
    Hopefully, as someone mentioned, he will get the best doctor(s) available on it & come through the other side 🤞🏻

But yeah. It must be that. And juding by 4 weeks they better cancel the whole EU leg.
    Calm down mate
    Negativity around here has an affect on me.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,915
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    Kwieneke said:

Calm down mate
    Negativity around here has an affect on me.
    The amount of google doctors I have come across today is quite astonishing 
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 316
    edited June 26
    JackD. said:
    Kwieneke said:

You’ve totally misunderstood what I was trying to say. But yeah. It must be what you said 😉
    Have a great week 👋🏻😎
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 316
    JackD. said:
    Kwieneke said:

Calm down mate
    Thanks @lastexitlondon 😉🙏🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,768
    edited June 26
    Ignore Jag offs. Like everything read and move on it's not really that big a deal what someone thinks or says.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,580
    edited June 26
    Weird (to me, but what do i know) in 2018 and now, that with Eddie having voice problems they still just have to play SOLAT and whatever instead of for that show be like... Stone/Jeff sing 2-3 songs or even push it a bit more than that, and do a cover someone else can sing and not do the punky things (that I imagine affects the voice more than let's say Can't Keep, Thumbing My Way, War of Man)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 306
    Weird (to me, but what do i know) in 2018 and now, that with Eddie having voice problems they still just have to play SOLAT and whatever instead of for that show be like... Stone/Jeff sing 2-3 songs or even push it a bit more than that, and do a cover someone else can sing and not do the punky things (that I imagine affects the voice more than let's say Can't Keep, Thumbing My Way, War of Man)
    Yeah it was weird that they dropped upper hand but still played SOLAT. Makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,037
    Yeah it was weird that they dropped upper hand but still played SOLAT. Makes no sense to me.
    I think this is a fair point. So many great mid tempo and or slower songs that could fill that void. Some of the song choices were strange if your voice is stuffed from a cold / virus. And what happened to 3 or 4 slower songs to open!? I feel for Ed and it must weight heavily on him. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I wonder if songs like SOLAT they think the crowd will be singing along as one so he can get away with pulling back from the mic etc. That wouldn’t work with an Upper Hand/Can’t Keep. I might be wrong thought just a theory!
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,037
    I wonder if songs like SOLAT they think the crowd will be singing along as one so he can get away with pulling back from the mic etc. That wouldn’t work with an Upper Hand/Can’t Keep. I might be wrong thought just a theory!
    That’s a good point too. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,240
    That happened a few songs, very noticeable on once for me 
  • Options
    That happened a few songs, very noticeable on once for me 
    If that’s the trade off I’d be okay. The hits will always have everyone singing so if he needs rest there then fair enough, plus as mentioned last night longer solos etc 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,529
    edited June 26
    Any chance we’ll find out earlier than Saturday if it were to be cancelled?
    You'd hope they would make a call before Saturday but there's a tendency to leave it fairly late unfortunately. 
    Yeah and I totally get why they do, but obviously makes things that bit more difficult 
    Yeah I'm only travelling a couple of hours so won't set off until late morning, but some folks are travelling hours and hours. My hotel has already taken my cash so I'll be out of pocket regardless of when they cancel but I'd rather avoid the journey if it's not gonna be on. 

Although Ed sounded OK from the clips I've seen, better than the 2018 show I was at, those who were there suggest he was really struggling. You'd expext it to be cancelled but London isn't gonna be an easy one to reschedule so who knows what's gonna happen.
    Flying tomorrow night from the US. Obviously hoping Ed is OK and things go on as scheduled. But even if they canceled before my flight I'd still go. These are all cities I'd like to visit in their own right, PJ show or not! 
  • Options
    TheGManTheGMan Cork Posts: 54
    SHZA said:
    You'd hope they would make a call before Saturday but there's a tendency to leave it fairly late unfortunately. 
    Yeah and I totally get why they do, but obviously makes things that bit more difficult 
    Yeah I'm only travelling a couple of hours so won't set off until late morning, but some folks are travelling hours and hours. My hotel has already taken my cash so I'll be out of pocket regardless of when they cancel but I'd rather avoid the journey if it's not gonna be on. 

Although Ed sounded OK from the clips I've seen, better than the 2018 show I was at, those who were there suggest he was really struggling. You'd expext it to be cancelled but London isn't gonna be an easy one to reschedule so who knows what's gonna happen.
    Flying tomorrow night from the US. Obviously hoping Ed is OK and things go on as scheduled. But even if they canceled before my flight I'd still go. These are all cities I'd like to visit in their own right, PJ show or not! 
    Safe travels!

2010: Dublin
    2024: Dublin

2017: Cork (EV)
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 698
    SHZA said:

London is fun.  You are going to get your show.  Ed will be great!
    If not, Green Day at Wembley.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 411
    edited June 26
    Judging from some clips this will be the worst bootleg in a while if you like vocals. But Ed really tried. This is great. 
    Hope he can recover in time for the London show. 
    If you can enjoy the audience's singing, it's bound to be a great bootleg. What Manchester achieved with Black alone. A big thank you.

I'm curious to see how it will turn out when I review the evening with the bootleg. I can imagine that the sympathy for the poor boy will put a bit of a damper on the mood. 
    Post edited by Zen23 on