Options

*** DUBLIN - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 593
    That set is awesome in that setup. Would've been great.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Probably the worse setlist on PJ history.

Glad I'm not going to any shows this tour.

Bring on a fan club mini tour. Or a rarities tour. Please!
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,257
    The setlist is fine and they delivered the songs that I am sure made the crowd very happy

Jeez I do think we have long gotten to the point where certain folks here are more into seeing rare tracks show up on paper more than the experience itself of seeing such a great band play great songs
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,257
    JB79491 said:
    Not a great setlist at all… if anyone traveled and got this it’s a travesty

A travesty in the case being.... an awesome band playing a bunch of great songs that became hits for a good reason?

• Options
    Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 126
    They have to play more casual stuff in Europe. Almost all the songs are decent. 
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,301
    JB79491 said:

A travesty in the case being.... an awesome band playing a bunch of great songs that became hits for a good reason?

And in a beautiful place!
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,363
    To be fair, I’d still be happy to see this set list and I understand why they did it. It’s just too casual for a lot of the people on this forum 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    13 eddie poem
    Pray tell?
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    The setlist is fine and they delivered the songs that I am sure made the crowd very happy

Jeez I do think we have long gotten to the point where certain folks here are more into seeing rare tracks show up on paper more than the experience itself of seeing such a great band play great songs
    I am not into seeing rare songs. I am also not into seeing nothing but the hits. I don’t need to hear Jeremy or Betterman ever again. I get they need to play some of the hits every show to keep the casual fans and first timers engaged. But they have SO MANY great songs that they could play any given night which has been the draw to seeing multiple shows per tour and traveling. 

This set list was super boring on paper and would almost be one I would make if you asked me for a set list I absolutely wouldn’t want. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,530
    edited June 23
    JB79491 said:
    Exactly. I know it's just one show, but it definitely made me glad I didn't pull the trigger on New Zealand.
    Two nights in New Zealand though. I think that definitely makes a difference in whether it's a straight "greatest hits" set. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Dirty old town
    To open
    A Pogues cover would have been great!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,459
    edited June 23
    I have a few pages of comments to catch up on but as critical as I've been about the number of repeats in a 2 night run, constructing a set of 8 or whatever Dark Matter songs and then their 17 or so most popular songs is fun as hell. If you told me no more than 2 repeats and one Fenway night was front to back hits I would say hell yeah bring it on.

Edit: 6 DM songs. Still cool.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 64
    To each their own and if I didn't travel, this would be a fine setlist, but I can't say I wouldn't be disappointed had I spent money on travel and got this setlist.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 593
    You guys have all seen too many shows recently if you're complaining about that setlist.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 360
    FFS, some of you!!! It’s Pearl Jam, a 33 1/2 year old band, one of, if not THE best to ever do it, playing their asses off, and you bitch bitch bitch. SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UP
  • Options
    Henderson7Henderson7 Posts: 26
    I actually don’t have a ton of problem with the set. I will say the encores so far this tour have had a weird flow to them. 
  • Options
    Haijay said:
    FFS, some of you!!! It’s Pearl Jam, a 33 1/2 year old band, one of, if not THE best to ever do it, playing their asses off, and you bitch bitch bitch. SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UP
    Well said. Agree 100%
    It was a fantastic gig.
    Dublin 00, Dublin 06, Madrid 07, Nijmegen 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, East Troy PJ20 11 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 12 (1 & 2), L.A. 13 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 14 (1 & 2), Milan 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Stockholm 14, Oslo 14, Boston 16 (1 & 2), London 18 (1 & 2).
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,607
    They have to play more casual stuff in Europe. 
    What history are you basing this on? Please elaborate
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 202
    edited June 23
    It's a tough one. Ride the wave of crowd interaction and crowd energy with adding another hit, or kill the mood with a song like let's say Infallible or Got Some.

Want proof? 
    LA night 1, a colossal dip in crowd energy which is even audible on the bootleg, when they played Got Some. 

But good for them to switch up Dark Matter a bit more on tour. The album did not as well in Europe as it did in the US. Haven't played Dublin in more than 10 years probably was a factor, as well. 
    Post edited by marumaruko on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,937
    It's a tough one. Ride the wave of crowd interaction and crowd energy with adding another hit, or kill the mood with a song like let's say Infallible or Got Some.

Want proof? 
    LA night 1, a colossal dip in crowd energy which is even audible on the bootleg, when they played Got Some. 

But good for them to switch up Dark Matter a bit more on tour. The album did not as well in Europe as it did in the US. Haven't played Dublin in more than 10 years probably was a factor, as well. 
    Hope they play every track 

love that record
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,668
    The good news for everyone turning their noses up at this setlist: PJ only has so many years left in them (if many at all) so your suffering will end more sooner than later. Ts & Ps until then. 

Last night was a great night…. Can’t wait for Manchester. 
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 479
    It felt like a festival set list but I enjoyed it, so did most people around me and the new material is great live. 

I hope they play Lost Dogs front to back in London just to piss off all the negative vibe merchants!!  =)
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 64
    Haijay said:
    If you liked the setlist and enjoyed the show, that is fantastic.  This forum is for expressing preferences and opinions and as long as people are doing it in a respectful way there should be no issue, but to tell people to shut up because you disagree with their opinion is just poor form.
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 202
    I'm one of the few who hopes for Got To Give at every remaining European show. This song has so much potential. Carries a perfect summer open air vibe, too. 
    They are promoting it, as well, with the recent sportsnet hockey snippet.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,949
    Whiniest fanbase in all of music. Sweet Jesus can you be more miserable?
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 306
    I think the reason there is some negativity is because the US leg setlists were so good. A really good balance. So there's perhaps a bit of disappointment that they've thrown that out of the window for the euro tour. Tho it may just be for the larger shows, so we'll see.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,285

Want proof? 

I'll concede that point. It was a shame too, because that song is a banger.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,678
    I wonder if someone could do the math and correlate venue size with greatest hits

Seems to be the bigger the venue, the greater the hits
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 306
    I wonder if someone could do the math and correlate venue size with greatest hits

Milton Keynes had its fair share of deep cuts tbf. And that was a sizeable outdoor show.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,459

Wrigley and Fenway are both 40k and I don't remember those as being particularly hit forward