How early to show up question

2»

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    pdalowsky said:
    Well in Dublin right now the queue is 20 already 
    I mean this is just borderline ridiculous. 

There will be absolutely no one else arrive for the next 24 hours. Whats the point????
    Agreed it's fomo and obsession. It's contagious for these people I got caught up in it years back . I have ocd and it's very easy for me to become obsessed . I think the whole thing is stupid and drives itself 
     Perpetual. 
     By the time of the show there are a load of sweaty smelly tired . Narky 50 year old s.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    pdalowsky said:
    I mean this is just borderline ridiculous. 

There will be absolutely no one else arrive for the next 24 hours. Whats the point????
    Agreed it's fomo and obsession. It's contagious for these people I got caught up in it years back . I have ocd and it's very easy for me to become obsessed . I think the whole thing is stupid and drives itself 
     Perpetual. 
     By the time of the show there are a load of sweaty smelly tired . Narky 50 year old s.
    Having mingled with some of these folk who do it show after show, quite honestly it would be more fun to attend a training session on how to iron a pair of socks. You are quite right, its very competitive, almost elitist and centres around a desperation for the band to recognise them.

An obsession as you say Rob. 
    It is elitist and causes so much aggro. I wish it was back to the old days. Before these people discovered pj and the whoring for a wave or a tambo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • FroggieFroggie Posts: 235
    It is elitist and causes so much aggro. I wish it was back to the old days. Before these people discovered pj and the whoring for a wave or a tambo
    Same here. It’s gotten so ridiculous. The aggression and anger from some of these people is awful. And knowing they play the system. I said it in another thread, it’s just not worth it. It never goes well even just queuing up from early morning. 

We’ve gone to a good few GnR concerts since 2016. Queued all day and the difference in the people’s attitudes is day and night. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    Yep ..."Please point at me Ed... please look at me..."
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,959

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    I know some of you think camping out is ridiculous. However, I find it to be really fun. Yes, part of my reason is to get up as close as possible. I have been lucky to get rail several times and it is an awesome experience if you haven’t done it. But I also have gotten 2nd or 3rd row after camping out and have had just as much fun. However, for me sometimes camping out just becomes part of the whole concert experience. When I travel to show I often go alone and i really enjoy the social aspect of camping out. I start out in the line alone and end up with a whole new group of friends to have fun at the show with. Some of my now closest PJ friends I met camping out in the GA line. I have plans to meet several of them for various shows and no longer feel alone at the shows - even if I am going alone. I would have never have had these experiences if I just walked in right before show time. So, just wanted to share some of my reasons. Others here may do it for the same reason. That being said, I have yet to camp out two days in advance and likely will not do that. 
    The thing is if one person camped out. It's not a thing and 2 or 3 days now are not spent in horrible conditions. But because one person does 2 people do and so on and so on. I think 1 day is social and ok but I truly wish it was just a lottery and be done with the one upmanship and get there 1 day 2 days 3 days earlier because fear of missing out. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    I would never personally camp out in line.  But I have zero issue with anyone that wants to do it as long as they’re polite and respectful of their fellow fans.  People camping out has no impact on my concert going experience.  It’s all good. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    100% lottery is the way to go. Open it up just to 10C initial winners and not fan to fan.

Have it tied to the winners name and a plus 1 and those that want to be put in the lottery can. 

If the person sells their ticket on fan to fan it no longer can be put in the lotto. Also you can’t gift or sell the ticket to someone else you have to be there to get the bracelet. 
    PJNB said:
    100% lottery is the way to go. Open it up just to 10C initial winners and not fan to fan.

Have it tied to the winners name and a plus 1 and those that want to be put in the lottery can. 

If the person sells their ticket on fan to fan it no longer can be put in the lotto. Also you can’t gift or sell the ticket to someone else you have to be there to get the bracelet. 
    Absolutely 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    PJNB said:

I love the lottery idea although I'd allow any ticket holder to participate. Whoever is at the line by a certain time gets a number, and the number drawn is first. Did a couple of Springsteen lottos that way. Once I got a good spot and once not so good. Eliminates a huge waste of time camping and gives a chance to people who can't devote that kind of time to camping out. Of course those who love the current system would go ballistic 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    SHZA said:
    PJNB said:

I love the lottery idea although I'd allow any ticket holder to participate. Whoever is at the line by a certain time gets a number, and the number drawn is first. Did a couple of Springsteen lottos that way. Once I got a good spot and once not so good. Eliminates a huge waste of time camping and gives a chance to people who can't devote that kind of time to camping out. Of course those who love the current system would go ballistic 
    That def works too. Only reason I said the above is because it can be done online before the actual show date. 
    Two nights sleeping in the cold on the sidewalk, no tents allowed, and the rail was like a mile from the stage. Setlist was . . . not what most die-hard fans would want. Wonder if it was worth it? 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    I’m not getting the hate for the setlist.  People are really upset about it?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    SHZA said:
    Two nights sleeping in the cold on the sidewalk, no tents allowed, and the rail was like a mile from the stage. Setlist was . . . not what most die-hard fans would want. Wonder if it was worth it? 
    We joined the 10c queue after 1pm, got an amazing spot on the rail with no obstruction and clear view of everyone. And Ed came literally right up to us. There is zero reason to camp out and the slightly different rail setup gave loads more people to have a good spot. 

Anyone complaining seems to have lost all enjoyment from going to a PJ gig. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,763
    Back in the day we used to sleep out for concert tickets. I totally understand the fun that can be had in those situations. That said I will take my reserved seats at this point of my life.
    on2legs said:
    I’m not getting the hate for the setlist.  People are really upset about it?
    More like "ho hum" than hate or being upset.