Options

can someone explain this "no pj shirts" at the shows theory

1235»

Comments

• Options
    i choose to feel as i am, and choose to wear what i want :)
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    ramblinponyramblinpony Posts: 115
    Obviously you're not a fan of baseball..

I went to my first Cubs game ever Wednesday.. and it was the most overrated thing ever. Most the people didn't even pay attention to the game. They cheered when they saw blue pin stripes on bases. Thats about the extent of it... for every die-hard true Cubs fan, there are 2 bandwagon people there for the big frat party. I'll give the die-hards credit, but if you want to see a more serious although sometimes smaller crowd, go to a Sox game.

Trust me, I know how to appreciate baseball. I live in fuckin Kansas City! Our team has sucked for years, I have family in Chicago and my dad raised me a Cubs fan. I am a huge Royals fan, but I have to like a team that actually wins also.
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I for one will be wearing a PJ shirt. And if someone wants to break my balls for doing it......well......hope ya got dental insurance LOL
    :D:D:D

NY PJ1 I will be right there with ya bro.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I for one will be wearing a PJ shirt. And if someone wants to break my balls for doing it......well......hope ya got dental insurance LOL
    :D:D:D

NY PJ1 I will be right there with ya bro.

hehe dental insurance
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Weeeel, if I shouldn't wear one of my 1x10**6 Pearl Jam shirts, I suppooose I could get my daughter to lend me one of her My Chemical Romance shirts. Would that be better? ;) Didn't think so.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    BUMP just becasue people hate it
  • Options
    Reddev10Reddev10 Posts: 63
    I always wear a t-shirt of the band I'm seeing.
    Terry
    www.myspace.com/terryphilly
  • Options
    john dakerjohn daker Posts: 18
    down with the stupid bashing of people who wear bands shirts to that band's shows. i love doing that. i loved walking around in vegas before/after the 06 show because there were people everywhere on the strip in pj shirts and we would wave to eachother. awesome. also i'm in a band. we suck but if someone ever wore a shirt from my band i would think it was awesome. and thirdly what else am i supposed to do with my brand new pj shirt... hold it in my hand? screw that, i'm wearin' it.
    07/08/1998 - phoenix ... 06/03/2003 - irvine 2 ... 06/07/2003 - phoenix ... 07/06/2006 - vegas ... 07/10/2006 - l.a.

http://www.myspace.com/willhambfg
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,641
    I make my own. Wore this to Mansfield II and got a big fuckin smile from the man himself...

IMG_3692.jpg

And if anyone wants one, I have 2 left both 2xl, one is olive, one is a bright blue. I will send them out to you FREE. Cuz I'm that nice. PM me if interested and I will PM back for your mailing info.
  • Options
    I've always made fun of it to be honest. All about being "that guy". Which was around long before PCU. We used to always say it. I think mainly because the majority of the people who did it were of the spotty variety.

Now, I've mellowed and don't care so much. At my 13th PJ show (Mansfield 2) I even wore my PJ shirt from the 03 tour and my girlfriend borrowed (now thinks of has her own) my old no code t shirt. I told her to expect people to compliment her. And voila! People did. She played it off very well. Like she'd been seeing the band for years. (She is now a massive fan, which is like hitting the lottery for me)
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    QuadrupleDekeQuadrupleDeke Boston Posts: 168
    I think the main difference between a Pearl Jam show and a sports game is that there is a competition that is inherently a part of the sports game. Therefore, it makes sense to wear the jersey of the team you support, to show which side you are rooting for. There is no question who you are cheering for at a Pearl Jam show, thus there is no need to wear their shirt (and I like seeing what other bands people are into).

That being said, if there was some sort of PJ v. Creed competition, you better believed I show up dripping with Pearl Jam gear.
    7/1/03 ... 9/28/04 ... 5/30/06 ... 6/3/06 ... 6/30/08 ... 8/2/08 (ev solo) ... 10/30/09 ... 10/31/09 ... 5/17/10 ... 5/21/10 ... 3/27/11 (tres mts) ... 6/16/11 (ev solo) ... 10/19/13 ... 8/5/16 ... 8/7/16 ... 9/2/18 ... 9/4/18