Options

can someone explain this "no pj shirts" at the shows theory

Comments

• Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    The whole thing is so dumb. If you wanna wear a shirt, wear one! It's like wearing a team's jersey to their game, it's the same damn thing. I always wear a PJ shirt because I support the band, and if anyone wants to wear one they should.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    NYPJ1 ---- I DISAGREE WITH YOU.

I dont know why but I NEVER wear a shirt of the band I am going to see. I dont know if why but I dont. I usually wear a phish shirt to PJ shows, and I used to wear PJ shirts to phish shows all the time.

I think it maybe something like.....I already know you like PJ ..you are at a PJ show. But if I see someone wearing a phish shirt, it shows me something I dont already know. You hear me?

You definetly dont wear a shirt from that album or same tour to the show. You DONT want to be that guy. But older tour shirts are cool, just not how I roll.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    4Powers20 wrote:

I dont know why but I NEVER wear a shirt of the band I am going to see. I dont know if why but I dont. I usually wear a phish shirt to PJ shows, and I used to wear PJ shirts to phish shows all the time.

I think it maybe something like.....I already know you like PJ ..you are at a PJ show. But if I see someone wearing a phish shirt, it shows me something I dont already know. You hear me?

You definetly dont wear a shirt from that album or same tour to the show. You DONT want to be that guy. But older tour shirts are cool, just not how I roll.

FINALLY ...... ok i hear ya point...dont agree with it

i figure im a big pj fan and im gonna represent
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:

I agree with the wearing the current tour shirt, you kinda look like a noob. But, it's the same thing as wearing a Mets shirt at a Mets game. I already know you like the Mets, you're at the game...but everyone does it. So to say it's weird doesn't really make alot of sense.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    I agree with the wearing the current tour shirt, you kinda look like a noob. But, it's the same thing as wearing a Mets shirt at a Mets game. I already know you like the Mets, you're at the game...but everyone does it. So to say it's weird doesn't really make alot of sense.

yea it may not be your thing but ive heard convo's on here saying its stupid lol
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    4Powers20 wrote:
    You definetly dont wear a shirt from that album or same tour to the show.
    I think you can make an exception if you just bought the shirt and would rather not carry it around, right?
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    mattcoz wrote:
    I think you can make an exception if you just bought the shirt and would rather not carry it around, right?

or your original shirt is soaked lol
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    i have worn pj t's to shows but they are allways from past tours ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    i have worn pj t's to shows but they are allways from past tours ....

yes of course...i dont fit into the cheap ass shirts nowadays,,it has to be older tours or 10c shirts
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    4Powers20 wrote:

Here's something I never understood. What was the big deal with Phish? I never could get into their music.
  • Options
    I tend to wear my PJ Yield shirt, just because I love Yield. To each their own. But I guarantee, if you wear a Creed shirt, you will die.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    I tend to wear my PJ Yield shirt, just because I love Yield. To each their own. But I guarantee, if you wear a Creed shirt, you will die.
    \

that was my fav. the yield shirt from maui,,,sadly it has been retired
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890

What if I wear a Limp Bizkit shirt? lol
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    ! It's like wearing a team's jersey to their game, it's the same damn thing. .

It is totally NOT the same thing. It would be the same thing if the other people in the crowd were all wearing Stevie Wonder shirts as he played a different song at the same time on an adjoining stage and PJ and Stevie were trying to out-loud each other. THEN it would almost be the same thing.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    do people decide that day/night if a pj t is to be worn for the show ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    Here's something I never understood. What was the big deal with Phish? I never could get into their music.
    +1

Not to steal the thread or anything but, yeah. Maybe it's the Dead in me that just found their whole scene ... contrived? I could be wrong but strangely I have no interest in finding out.

Anyhow, back to the clothing :D
  • Options
    corduroid wrote:
    +1

Not to steal the thread or anything but, yeah. Maybe it's the Dead in me that just found their whole scene ... contrived? I could be wrong but strangely I have no interest in finding out.

Anyhow, back to the clothing :D

I LOVE Phish and cant stand the Dead. Trey rips. Fishman is one of the best drummers ever. 4 part harmonies. Crazy jams that go crazy places. Often quirky, sometimes very deep lyrics. Amazing songs. Fun shows. GREAT LIGHTS. Different set every show. What is not to like?

I think I am going to wear my David Wright jersey to MSG. I will be the 6'5" guy rockin the MLB AUTHENTICS

• Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I've been a fan of this band since 1992. If you think I'm a noob because I am wearing the shirt I bought that night? Oh well, who the fuck cares!

I didn't say "I think you're a noob". I simply said, sometimes if people wear the shirt of the ongoing tour, it gives off the impression "Oh, they've only liked the band for a little bit" that's all. I'm a proponent of wearing band shirts, frankly I don't care what anyone wears.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    OK guys great news. I got the official rules for wearing band shirts at concerts. Its from MTV, so its pretty legit.

1. NEVER wear a band shirt that the band you are going to see does not like.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=kwADPMYGFtA

2. If you are going to wear a band shirt for a rock band, it must be dirty. If it is for a Rap concert, it must be 2 sizes too big. If it is for a pop singer, it must be as clean as possible with your choice of cologne/perfume drenched into it.

3. If you are going to wear a band shirt for the band you are going to see, make sure it is one from a previous tour,. Wearing a band shirt you just bought at the show is pure NOOB status.

4. Don't wear two different band items at one show. For instance, wearing a fall out boy shirt under a MCR hoodie

5. Never buy bootleg band shirts that people are selling off the streets. Its super uncool

OK glad i cleared everything up. be sure to follow these important rules

/sarcasm.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    It is totally NOT the same thing. It would be the same thing if the other people in the crowd were all wearing Stevie Wonder shirts as he played a different song at the same time on an adjoining stage and PJ and Stevie were trying to out-loud each other. THEN it would almost be the same thing.

Um. That's the worst analogy ever.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    billybob7088billybob7088 Posts: 114
    I'll will be wearing my Vote for change shirt for WPB. Maybe a Wilco shirt for Tampa. Bringing my Tampa Rays shirt and Cap to Philly show.
    St Pete '92...Orlando '92...St Pete '94...FL '96...WPB 2 '98...WPB 1 '00...Tampa '00... Tampa '03...Kissimmi '04...WPB '08...Tampa '08...Camden 1 '08...KC 10...Clearwater 1 '12 (EV)...Wrigley '13...Tampa '16...Fenway 2 '16
  • Options
    Um. That's the worst analogy ever.

Um. Actually it is pretty good.

If you go to a Mets game, you put on your Mets jersey, you take your seat, the guy next to you is wearing his Braves jersey. The Mets score you, you stand up and cheer, your neighbor in the Atlanta jersey boooos. The Braves scores, he cheers, you boo. You are both there hoping for a different outcome.

A concert is different than a sporting event.

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    I've never understood the fascination with whatever people are wearing.

You wear what you want.
    I'll wear what I want.
    And we're all good.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:

If you go to a Mets game, you put on your Mets jersey, you take your seat, the guy next to you is wearing his Braves jersey. The Mets score you, you stand up and cheer, your neighbor in the Atlanta jersey boooos. The Braves scores, he cheers, you boo. You are both there hoping for a different outcome.

Except for the fact that nearly EVERYONE is rooting for your team. Just like EVERYONE likes PJ at the show.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    4Powers20 wrote:

But that still doesn't explain why it matters what i or anyone else wears to a PJ show ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    But that still doesn't explain why it matters what i or anyone else wears to a PJ show ...

It doesnt matter, never said it did. just saying I dont do it.

Wear whatever you want. It is a PJ show. I am not paying attention to your wardrobe.

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    It doesnt matter, never said it did. just saying I dont do it.

Wear whatever you want. It is a PJ show. I am not paying attention to your wardrobe.

Fair enough. As long as we all are there for the same thing, who cares what we're wearing.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    Except for the fact that nearly EVERYONE is rooting for your team. Just like EVERYONE likes PJ at the show.

Every sporting event I go to I see other teams shirts and stuff. When the Mets play the Marlins there are more Mets fans than Marlins fans.

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Every sporting event I go to I see other teams shirts and stuff. When the Mets play the Marlins there are more Mets fans than Marlins fans.

Yes, but if it's a home game, over 85 or 90 percent of the fans are there for your team. I get your point though. Also, the Marlins fucking suck and have no fan base because their owned by an idiot, so that's an entirely different issue. You can't compare Marlins home games with the majority of teams. Most teams actually have fans, unlike the Marlins. You couldn't get people in the seats out there if you paid em.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    4Powers20 wrote:

I really could care less what people wear, as I wear whatever I feel like wearing.

I do wonder sometimes when I see someone at a sporting event wearing a shirt/jersey of a team that is not involved in the game. I went to the Sox-Twins series this past weekend at The Cell and there were a few people each game wearing Cubs shirts......one of whom got into a violent fist fight in the stands with another drunk.

We always scan the crowds at the games to find the "worst home team jerseys". The winners at the past Sox series were;

White SOx Jerseys featuring the name/number of Steve Sax, Rocky Biddle (yes someone had a Rocky Biddle jersey and I am pretty sure it wasn't Rocky himself), and Dan Pasqua.....all pretty humiliating, but kudos to them for entertaining me.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.