Songs Crossed Off Setlists

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,838
    spankyMP said:
    PJammin' said:
    spankyMP said:
    Uniondale 2003: "Note: "Smile", "Soldier of Love" (Arthur Alexander), and "Indifference" were on the setlist, but were not played due to the large amounts of boos from the audience. Ouch for indifference.

MSG 7/9/03: Note: "Can't Keep" and "In Hiding" were listed as alternatives to "Crazy Mary" and "Given to Fly", respectively. "Footsteps", "Leatherman", "Down", "Off He Goes", "Last Kiss", "Sleight of Hand", "Fortunate Son", "Leaving Here", "Animal", and "Soldier of Love" were on the written setlist but none of them were played.  Big Ouch, still haven't seen Can't Keep.

Spectrum 10/30/09: 
    Note: "Brother" was on the printed setlist, but not played. Big Ouch, still haven't seen it.

MSG 5/21/10: Note: "Out of My Mind" and "Rockin' in the Free World" were on the setlist, but were replaced with "Rats" and "Kick Out the Jams."  Push

PJ20 9/3/11: 
    Note: "All Those Yesterdays", "Present Tense", "I Got Id", "Down", "Crown of Thorns" (Mother Love Bone), and "Indifference" were on the setlist, but were not played. Big Ouch and Indifference again.

PJ20 9/4/11: 
    Note: "Crown of Thorns" (Mother Love Bone) and "The Real Me" (The Who) were on the setlist, but were not played. Ouch

Charlottesville 10/29/13: 
    Note: "Fatal" was on the setlist, but was skipped. Gutted and still haven't seen it.

Charlotte 10/30/13: 
    Note: "My Father's Son", "Speed of Sound", Let the Records Play", "Wash", "Leash", "Crazy Mary" (Victoria Williams), and "Leaving Here" (Edward Holland, Jr.) were on the setlist, but were not played. Half oh well/ half Ouch

Raleigh 2016 and Baltimore 2020: entire shows cancelled. Gutted

Austin 9/18/23: 
    Note: "Amongst the Waves" was on the setlist, but not played. "Spin the Black Circle" was not on the setlist. Ouch, one of my favorites.

P.S.: This didn't take as long as you might think :)
    I was at the Spectrum and wanted to hear Brother. Here’s hoping that they play it in Philly this time around. A boy can dream! 🙏🏻 
    Fingers crossed for Philly 1 :)
    We’ll put it out there. Hopefully the PJ GODS are listening to our cries. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,838
    Ray J. T. said:
    PJammin' said:
    spankyMP said:
    Uniondale 2003: "Note: "Smile", "Soldier of Love" (Arthur Alexander), and "Indifference" were on the setlist, but were not played due to the large amounts of boos from the audience. Ouch for indifference.

MSG 7/9/03: Note: "Can't Keep" and "In Hiding" were listed as alternatives to "Crazy Mary" and "Given to Fly", respectively. "Footsteps", "Leatherman", "Down", "Off He Goes", "Last Kiss", "Sleight of Hand", "Fortunate Son", "Leaving Here", "Animal", and "Soldier of Love" were on the written setlist but none of them were played.  Big Ouch, still haven't seen Can't Keep.

Spectrum 10/30/09: 
    Note: "Brother" was on the printed setlist, but not played. Big Ouch, still haven't seen it.

MSG 5/21/10: Note: "Out of My Mind" and "Rockin' in the Free World" were on the setlist, but were replaced with "Rats" and "Kick Out the Jams."  Push

PJ20 9/3/11: 
    Note: "All Those Yesterdays", "Present Tense", "I Got Id", "Down", "Crown of Thorns" (Mother Love Bone), and "Indifference" were on the setlist, but were not played. Big Ouch and Indifference again.

PJ20 9/4/11: 
    Note: "Crown of Thorns" (Mother Love Bone) and "The Real Me" (The Who) were on the setlist, but were not played. Ouch

Note: "Fatal" was on the setlist, but was skipped. Gutted and still haven't seen it.

Charlotte 10/30/13: 
    Note: "My Father's Son", "Speed of Sound", Let the Records Play", "Wash", "Leash", "Crazy Mary" (Victoria Williams), and "Leaving Here" (Edward Holland, Jr.) were on the setlist, but were not played. Half oh well/ half Ouch

Austin 9/18/23: 
    Note: "Amongst the Waves" was on the setlist, but not played. "Spin the Black Circle" was not on the setlist. Ouch, one of my favorites.

I was at the Spectrum and wanted to hear Brother. Here’s hoping that they play it in Philly this time around. A boy can dream! 🙏🏻 
    They played brother that year in Chicago amazing performance. Sucks that this song is such a problem with the band and will probably never be really played again. 
    I really hope they give it more love. Stone needs to realize it’s a fantastic song. Stone, if you read this, Jeff was right. 😆 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,928
    PJammin' said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    PJammin' said:
    spankyMP said:

Spectrum 10/30/09: 

PJ20 9/3/11: 

PJ20 9/4/11: 

Charlotte 10/30/13: 

Austin 9/18/23: 

They played brother that year in Chicago amazing performance. Sucks that this song is such a problem with the band and will probably never be really played again. 
    I really hope they give it more love. Stone needs to realize it’s a fantastic song. Stone, if you read this, Jeff was right. 😆 
    Damn right. 
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,630
    PJNB said:
    Not the same thing, but at Hyde Park in 2022 Ed gave the crowd the choice of hearing Not For You or Whipping. I voted for Whipping, but Not for You got the much louder response, so that is what was played.
    I was literally just listening to that very moment. Who chooses not for you over whipping. I was a whipping voter
    I was disappointed with the voting public. I hadn't seen Whipping before, but had already seen Not For You. I ended up seeing Whipping at a later show, so it all worked out. 
    Krakow 2018 had a rowdy pit. Black was supposed to come on next but they pulled an audible and played Whipping by instead. It was wild and def added to the show.
    Yes! Whipping was fire that night!

Theres definitely some from back in the day for me. But most recently was Leash getting crossed off at Chicago 2 last year. Once was great in that spot, but Leash on that setlist with Tremor, Immortality, Green Disease, Marker, Deep, Garden, and Smile would have been next level.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 944
    In 2016 before Jazzfest, one of my first posts on here was a request for the song Garden at Jazzfest in remembrance of a therapist I had who committed suicide a few years before this show took place. I was just getting into PJ and he told me about the time he saw them in 1992 when he was in college and we bonded over the songs on Ten: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/253169/garden-for-jazzfest-this-weekend#latest

At that point in my life, I had never seen the band yet and was hoping to make my first show a memorable experience.

For some reason, Garden was on the printed setlist, but scratched through so heavily you couldn't really even see it (compare it to the 'Got Some' scratch on the other side, they aren't the same....): 

I've seen 6 shows since then, but still haven't gotten Got Some either  :D

As far as other shows i've been too, "Gimmie Some Truth" and "All Along The Watchtower" were scratched from 2018 Wrigley N1 and "Gonna See My Friend" and "Comfortably Numb" were scratched from 2018 Wrigley N2 ( probably due to rain) and i've not gotten any of those. 

"I'm Open" not being played OR scratched in Fort Worth N2 last year also kinda sucks because I don't know how many other opportunities we may have to hear that one from here on out
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 808
    Werchter 2018

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Robbert said:
    Werchter 2018

Ghost is one of the few studio tracks I haven't heard live.  Missed it by one show in 2016. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17