Options

2024 World Tour Apparel & Gear

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,966
    PJammin' said:
    I miss the days when you could just walk up to a merch table and buy whatever you wanted. Maybe a 5 minute wait at most. Nowadays it seems like every show I go to has long lines for merch. Are we just all super consumers now? I can't figure out what changed.
    When were those days with Pearl Jam?
    Not really sure. There was a big gap in my PJ show attendance. I've just seen it at some other shows I've been going to, and it is mind boggling. I guess the secondary market could be the culprit. So many people willing to over spend on the things they "need".
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,966
    BSully said:
    I think having the merch available outside of the venue is what changed everything.
    Hundreds of people not attending the concert are standing in the same line as the folks going to the show.

I may try my hands at the inside merch only this tour, If I'm going to wait in line, I might as well just wait to get inside the venue, get my stuff and chill for a bit before the show.
    You could be right. It would be great if they only made the common items available outside. That way, people who actually bought a ticket can get the harder to come by merch inside. Of course, the whole idea of letting people who bought a ticket preorder would be the absolute best way to maximize buying and customer satisfaction. There are things I want from this tour, but I might not buy anything, since I don't want to be in a line for hours, or standing there while the show is actually going on. I missed the opener for folk metal band Agalloch, because I was standing in the long merch line waiting to buy a poster. Felt like an idiot.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,351
    PJammin' said:
    I miss the days when you could just walk up to a merch table and buy whatever you wanted. Maybe a 5 minute wait at most. Nowadays it seems like every show I go to has long lines for merch. Are we just all super consumers now? I can't figure out what changed.
    When were those days with Pearl Jam?
    Not really sure. There was a big gap in my PJ show attendance. I've just seen it at some other shows I've been going to, and it is mind boggling. I guess the secondary market could be the culprit. So many people willing to over spend on the things they "need".
    I think the volume of bands doing posters now is a big driver but overall I agree with you. Crazy merch lines now way more often than not at any venue with 2k+ capacity. Honestly I guess I'm happy for the bands.
  • Options
    Fenway 2016 was incredible. They set up I think 2 days before the first show so barely any out of towners yet. Drove down mid afternoon...no wait and walked away with everything I wanted. I'm sure that will never happen again.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,130
    It’s only like this with Pearl Jam. Go to Foo Fighters or QOTSA and Merch is easy 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,081
    ekmurf said:
    Does anyone know when the merch will be out at Moda Center in Portland? I called and they didn’t know.
    Likely noon.  Just like Vancouver. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    MS4677MS4677 Posts: 62
    edited May 9
    Post edited by MS4677 on
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,775
    A great way to avoid the crowds is to just not give a shit about merch.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    MS4677MS4677 Posts: 62
    BF25394 said:
    Indeed
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,088
    BSully said:
    I think having the merch available outside of the venue is what changed everything.
    Hundreds of people not attending the concert are standing in the same line as the folks going to the show.

I may try my hands at the inside merch only this tour, If I'm going to wait in line, I might as well just wait to get inside the venue, get my stuff and chill for a bit before the show.
    You could be right. It would be great if they only made the common items available outside. That way, people who actually bought a ticket can get the harder to come by merch inside. Of course, the whole idea of letting people who bought a ticket preorder would be the absolute best way to maximize buying and customer satisfaction. There are things I want from this tour, but I might not buy anything, since I don't want to be in a line for hours, or standing there while the show is actually going on. I missed the opener for folk metal band Agalloch, because I was standing in the long merch line waiting to buy a poster. Felt like an idiot.
    Yeah, at St. Louis in '22, I made my way to the arena, saw the 4 hour wait for merch. Got my GA wristband, walked around town, got a burger and beer, went back to hotel, went back to arena, stood inline for GA, got inside, got all merch I wanted and was still only about 6 rows back in pit. No regrets!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,319
    BSully said:
    BSully said:

Yeah, at St. Louis in '22, I made my way to the arena, saw the 4 hour wait for merch. Got my GA wristband, walked around town, got a burger and beer, went back to hotel, went back to arena, stood inline for GA, got inside, got all merch I wanted and was still only about 6 rows back in pit. No regrets!
    this is the way 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Totally. It is crazy though when I walk into a Botch show and see the merch line snaked around and then up two flights of stairs.
  • Options
    GW2553GW2553 AMORICA Posts: 60
    edited May 9
    MS4677 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Indeed
    Especialy since the apparel is overpriced and such poor quality.
    Post edited by GW2553 on
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,143
    BSully said:
    BSully said:

It was so hot that day. The merch line went all the way around the arena. I was in the GA line, and the nice guy in front of me picked me up my merch as I held his spot in line. We were sitting in the little recesses around the arena trying to get in the shade.

• Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 290
    BSully said:
    BSully said:

We walked to the arena from the hotel, just so happened to arrive exactly when they opened doors. Got like 25th in line inside. Couldn't believe our luck. 

I've always had success getting early before doors open and getting merch inside.
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 669
    Wrigley 13 is the first time I witnessed the 5 hour line.  Those folks were die hard.  100 degrees 100% humidity and concrete.  Spokane and Portland later that year were still pretty quick (20 min).  Austin last year was laughable to see.  It had to be 5 full blocks 2 hours before open.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,351
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Wrigley 13 is the first time I witnessed the 5 hour line.  Those folks were die hard.  100 degrees 100% humidity and concrete.  Spokane and Portland later that year were still pretty quick (20 min).  Austin last year was laughable to see.  It had to be 5 full blocks 2 hours before open.
    I was in line about twenty minutes before the Austin shows and was in line inside for 30 minutes and got all the merchandise I needed.  Those Austin lines were too long.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,081

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Basketball jersey makes more sense for Portland. Probably see one in Baltimore, too (sad face). Fenway will probably be baseball jerseys. One more reason to dislike shows at Fenway.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,319
    Indy needs a jersey as well. it had the race flag last year which was neat 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,472
    JojoRice said:

Like the basketball jersey. 33 is not among the Trailblazers retired numbers btw 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    mpedone said:
    Basketball jersey makes more sense for Portland. Probably see one in Baltimore, too (sad face). Fenway will probably be baseball jerseys. One more reason to dislike shows at Fenway.
    Seriously doubt they would have an NBA jersey in Baltimore for a team that has not been in the city in more than 50 years 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Coming late into Portland later today.  Can someone get me a poster, poster tube, event sticker and event button.  Will PayPal the funds, send a PM if you can help out.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    mpedone said:
    Seriously doubt they would have an NBA jersey in Baltimore for a team that has not been in the city in more than 50 years 
    I mean, yeah, that is a good point. I think because the show is in a basketball arena (rather than hockey), I was thinking b-ball. Probably a baseball jersey, since Camden Yards is right down the street. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    ST66483 said:
    It’s likely obvious and I’m just missing it, but what’s the significance of the 33 on the jersey?
    Sweet Lew - Kareem Abdul-Jabar wore #33 (as did Magic Johnson and Larry Bird and Scotty Pippen).

They tend to put 33 on merch. The sweatshirt from Fenway in 2016 had 33 on the back.

• Options
    SHZA said:
    JojoRice said:

Like the basketball jersey. 33 is not among the Trailblazers retired numbers btw 
    It's looking like you may have me on this one 
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    ST66483 said:
    It’s likely obvious and I’m just missing it, but what’s the significance of the 33 on the jersey?
    Sweet Lew - Kareem Abdul-Jabar wore #33 (as did Magic Johnson and Larry Bird and Scotty Pippen).

They tend to put 33 on merch. The sweatshirt from Fenway in 2016 had 33 on the back.
    2024 is the 33rd year of the band, that’s why it’s on the jersey
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,775
    mpedone said:
    ST66483 said:

2024 is the 33rd year of the band, that’s why it’s on the jersey
    The band is 33 years old, but it is in its 34th year.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 288
    Merch inside in Vancouver was hit or miss for N2. We had GA, actually got inside at 5:30 and wandered a little bit before they opened doors.  Could not find the 2 shirts we wanted in size M in any of the four stands we hit.  We did wind up getting them in L and thankfully they ran a little small.  

I will admit that the three hours we spent in the merch line that morning and early afternoon was a waste.  Trailer was out of four things we wanted.

So from now on, I’m just going to plan on going in when doors open, doing the best I can, and then enjoying some beers and the anticipation.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,160
    JojoRice said:

They should have used that poster for the May the show instead :wink:
    Emperor Palpatine  Star Wars  starwars starwarsart starwarsfanart  palpatine  Star wars painting Star wars images Star wars characters
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly