Options

2024 Tour Merch Thread-Any Info or Pictures to share

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,644
    The tee shirt at the London experience thing were Bella canvas and out of shape and poor 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,539
    100 Pacer said:
    Brad have you considered an annual subscription based option now that the Shopify store affords you a more stable online presence? I still have your Judge art print and absolutely love it. Seeing as how you don’t need to offer it via a 3rd party if might be a feasible revenue stream? Here’s hoping.
    subs always seem stressful to me... and I never know how much work i will have in year... I don't know what work I will have this fall yet. Maybe i could pad that out with small art prints, but doing a sub always seemed daunting for some reason to me.... but in this era of things like Patreon, maybe it's not a terrible business model? I am not savvy when it comes to meshing art and commerce, I should be better at it after all these years, but the commerce / business side is just not intuitive and and I like getting paid as much as anyone else, but I am often amazed at how much I don't have this lil niche career / profession of my dialed in better for my own survival and prosperity! 

I see some of my peers and am always like "damn, so and so has this niche job figured out and is killing it"... if I had kids I bet you'd see me hustling and doing way more then I do... but at 48 there is a midlife career crisis happening where I am haunted almost every day with "how you going to pay for the 2nd half of your life?!?!" So, who knows maybe some sort of sub or patreon type of thing is something I should ruminate on more...
    Brad, the more I ponder your dilemmas of; '1. How to maintain a steady, more predictable income. And 2. How to get paid upfront for your work', I'm thinking maybe a hybrid of offering "PREORDERS" and/or "TIMED RELEASES" might be a solution for you.
    Of course, neither is a new idea but maybe you can come up with a novel version that works best for you.

You could allow your clients (the bands) to print a limited quantity of posters to sell at their concerts and on their website.
    (I haven't worked out yet how you charge them - maybe a lump sum upfront for a limited right to print?).

Then, on your website, you post mock-up images of the posters (both the SEs and special Variants that only you can offer) and sell them via  'PREORDER' of a pre-determined S/N limited edition or offer a 'TIMED RELEASE' where the final quantities printed will be determind by how many posters sell within a give time (24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours etc.).

The beauty part is:
    1.You get PAID UPFRONT when people order the posters.
    2. Unlike a year-long subscription, your customers will see what they are buying beforehand.
    3. You will choose your own printer to do the job and since you've been pre-paid for the posters, you are not out of pocket.

I don't know, maybe at least this will give you something to think about as you do your beloved weeding! Ha ha.

• Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    Hoping for a new name or two to knock a design out of the park, for sure!
    There's a newer guy named David Leutert out of Berlin that did a DMB poster a few months ago, his work is a bit different than most PJ stuff I've seen - very bright, colorful, and rounded vs dark with sharp lines. 

Hoccapuk said:
    So from everyone’s opinion thus far, the quality of the apparel is just not that good right?  Was thinking of getting the green tour shirt, hoodie and black jacket but everything I’m reading makes me question that….

I've washed the olive green shirt several times now. Some fading, but no shrinkage that I've noticed. No data on the show-specific shirts for me yet. 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    Hoccapuk said:
    So from everyone’s opinion thus far, the quality of the apparel is just not that good right?  Was thinking of getting the green tour shirt, hoodie and black jacket but everything I’m reading makes me question that….

I’m happy with the Seattle boombox tee. 100% cotton, cool and comfy, holding up after two (lol) washes. We’ll see. Not sure if all tees are the same material. As mentioned, some have reported positives on hoodie, though a few people said it runs small/narrow (?), tho could be human running big situation. 

I’d get in line and go for what you want. I could tell I’d be happy with the tee once I felt it.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,517
    shecky said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Brad have you considered an annual subscription based option now that the Shopify store affords you a more stable online presence? I still have your Judge art print and absolutely love it. Seeing as how you don’t need to offer it via a 3rd party if might be a feasible revenue stream? Here’s hoping.
    subs always seem stressful to me... and I never know how much work i will have in year... I don't know what work I will have this fall yet. Maybe i could pad that out with small art prints, but doing a sub always seemed daunting for some reason to me.... but in this era of things like Patreon, maybe it's not a terrible business model? I am not savvy when it comes to meshing art and commerce, I should be better at it after all these years, but the commerce / business side is just not intuitive and and I like getting paid as much as anyone else, but I am often amazed at how much I don't have this lil niche career / profession of my dialed in better for my own survival and prosperity! 

I see some of my peers and am always like "damn, so and so has this niche job figured out and is killing it"... if I had kids I bet you'd see me hustling and doing way more then I do... but at 48 there is a midlife career crisis happening where I am haunted almost every day with "how you going to pay for the 2nd half of your life?!?!" So, who knows maybe some sort of sub or patreon type of thing is something I should ruminate on more...
    Brad, the more I ponder your dilemmas of; '1. How to maintain a steady, more predictable income. And 2. How to get paid upfront for your work', I'm thinking maybe a hybrid of offering "PREORDERS" and/or "TIMED RELEASES" might be a solution for you.
    Of course, neither is a new idea but maybe you can come up with a novel version that works best for you.

You could allow your clients (the bands) to print a limited quantity of posters to sell at their concerts and on their website.
    (I haven't worked out yet how you charge them - maybe a lump sum upfront for a limited right to print?).

Then, on your website, you post mock-up images of the posters (both the SEs and special Variants that only you can offer) and sell them via  'PREORDER' of a pre-determined S/N limited edition or offer a 'TIMED RELEASE' where the final quantities printed will be determind by how many posters sell within a give time (24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours etc.).

The beauty part is:
    2. Unlike a year-long subscription, your customers will see what they are buying beforehand.
    3. You will choose your own printer to do the job and since you've been pre-paid for the posters, you are not out of pocket.

I don't know, maybe at least this will give you something to think about as you do your beloved weeding! Ha ha.

What's the beauty part for the band though that would get them to agree to this? Sounds like even asking for some kind of special arrangement gets the artist labeled as "difficult to work with." 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    The tee shirt at the London experience thing were Bella canvas and out of shape and poor 
    No surprise.  Something must be done with these shitty shirts.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,539
    SHZA said:
    shecky said:
    100 Pacer said:

The beauty part is:

What's the beauty part for the band though that would get them to agree to this? Sounds like even asking for some kind of special arrangement gets the artist labeled as "difficult to work with." 
    I don't know - that's why I said "I haven't worked out yet how you charge them". Maybe Brad can offer the band the right to use his artwork to print a limited quantity of posters for free, and in exchange Brad gets the right to print posters that he can sell. 
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 625
    Hoccapuk said:

The hoodie is great. The zip up ones (yield specifically) seemed to get out of shape quite easily, this hoodie, in my opinion is superior 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 859
    How is the trucker hat? Seems like the consensus is the hoodies are good the t-shirts are crap and the bag is crap too.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,490
    JT167846 said:
    How is the trucker hat? Seems like the consensus is the hoodies are good the t-shirts are crap and the bag is crap too.
    The retro trucker hats are primo if it's your style. The bill is actually somewhat curved and not completely flat.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,734
    Hoccapuk said:

People complain about the shirts, but mine have held up well. I also like them thinner though; they feel better than thicker ones. Wash inside out in cold, hang dry. 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,583
    Anyone getting shipping info for the Ames HeMan poster yet?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,868
    Kwieneke said:
    This is a very interesting look behind the curtain for us! Since we're on the topic, do you have a favorite print you have done for PJ? 
    hard to say... always liked 2010 dublin... I like 2018 seattle.... milton keynes... the sunrise florida one I like... I am sure i am forgetting some... camden 2008... 
    You are forgetting your very best Brad, Easy Street 05 ;)

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,671
    pdalowsky said:
    Kwieneke said:
    This is a very interesting look behind the curtain for us! Since we're on the topic, do you have a favorite print you have done for PJ? 
    hard to say... always liked 2010 dublin... I like 2018 seattle.... milton keynes... the sunrise florida one I like... I am sure i am forgetting some... camden 2008... 

Close tie with the dragons!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 413
    BLACK35 said:
    Arrived yesterday in Ohio along with napa poster
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,183
    BLACK35 said:
    Nothing in IL
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,868
    100 Pacer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Kwieneke said:

oooh its close of course (especially when the dragons have signatures) but the easy street is the king. 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,583
    BRONDO said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Is that from Ames site or 10C?
    I order from Ames, received confirmation but nothing in regards to a tracking number yet.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 413
    BLACK35 said:
    BRONDO said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Is that from Ames site or 10C?
    I order from Ames, received confirmation but nothing in regards to a tracking number yet.
    10c
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    Hoccapuk said:

People complain about the shirts, but mine have held up well. I also like them thinner though; they feel better than thicker ones. Wash inside out in cold, hang dry. 
    Mine have held up fairly well too. My main complaint is that the women’s sizes are so inconsistent. Some of them feel like children’s sizes. Others run really large. It holds up the line asking to see multiple sizes - but I always have to do that. 
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,183
    BLACK35 said:
    Nothing in IL
    I was referring to the AP copies. 
  • Options
    bzouidenbzouiden Posts: 109
    BLACK35 said:
    I was wondering the same thing, ordered it on May 30th.  Usually they are pretty quick I thought maybe they were trying to make the flippers wait until their ebay buyers backed out at those prices.
    Kansas City 1998  /\  Kansas City 2000  /\  Kansas City 2003  /\  St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021 /\ St. Louis 2022  /\  OKC 2022  /\  Chicago N1 & N2 2023

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,517
    100 Pacer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Kwieneke said:

The reaper??
  • Options
    bzouidenbzouiden Posts: 109
    GlowGirl said:
    Hoccapuk said:

Mine have held up fairly well too. My main complaint is that the women’s sizes are so inconsistent. Some of them feel like children’s sizes. Others run really large. It holds up the line asking to see multiple sizes - but I always have to do that. 
    Agreed my wife has the same problems very inconsistent sizing on the last few tours.  I think how they wear has a lot to do with your washing machine as well.  When we got our new samsung washing machine I was impressed with how gentle the newer machines are compared to older ones also yes Wash inside out in cold, hang dry if you can.  The thinner shirts don't have as much fiber for the ink to adhere to as well as they do stretch and can get out of shape if you have an aggressive washing machine.
    Kansas City 1998  /\  Kansas City 2000  /\  Kansas City 2003  /\  St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021 /\ St. Louis 2022  /\  OKC 2022  /\  Chicago N1 & N2 2023

• Options
    IALauderIALauder Posts: 16
    bzouiden said:
    BLACK35 said:
    I was wondering the same thing, ordered it on May 30th.  Usually they are pretty quick I thought maybe they were trying to make the flippers wait until their ebay buyers backed out at those prices.
    I got shipping confirmation and tracking number from Ames yesterday.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Kwieneke said:

The reaper??
    Also the EV Batmobile.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,825
    BLACK35 said:
    Nothing in IL
    I was referring to the AP copies. 

Nothing yet on the Ames Bros AP's. Did receive Night 2's AP edition today.

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 714
    Although not a popular choice, my favourite Klausen is the Toronto 2009 owl. Lot’s of greats to choose from though.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,415
    My favorite is an art print depicting the greatest baseball story in history 

https://bradklausen.myshopify.com/products/docs-no-no-art-print