Options

12 VARIANTS FOR THE 12TH PEARL JAM ALBUM

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    demetrios said:
    $79.90 ..yeesh. That's the most expensive I've seen

$111 CAD + $40 USD shipping, hahaha.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TheBigPearlJamowskiTheBigPearlJamowski Lynnwood, WA Posts: 3
    Anyone tracked down a Philly or NW variant today (3/27)?

Waiting for Stephens
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,153
    Coming out April 19th!
    New Pearl Jam - Dark Matter REGIONAL PHILI VARIANT!
    Supplies will be very limited...

• Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 503
    It's interesting how even at 1500 all the other variants have been restocked on line.  Philly it's as if both sites had less than a hundred copies, sold out, aren't restocking and now every store is in store only.  Every other variant even those in low runs have been restocked online or available for a couple days before selling out.  Even Missoula. 
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    Hoccapuk said:
    It's interesting how even at 1500 all the other variants have been restocked on line.  Philly it's as if both sites had less than a hundred copies, sold out, aren't restocking and now every store is in store only.  Every other variant even those in low runs have been restocked online or available for a couple days before selling out.  Even Missoula. 
    The stores I’ve talked to in PA has all told the same story, first they could do online pre order but as they sold out fast, all new sales was cancelled by the record company and changed to in store only or a in store reservation list. 
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 503
    Hoccapuk said:
    The stores I’ve talked to in PA has all told the same story, first they could do online pre order but as they sold out fast, all new sales was cancelled by the record company and changed to in store only or a in store reservation list. 
    Strange though it's only PA, I know that was mentioned for other variants however Philadelphia seems to be the only one being enforced.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,006
    I stand by the belief that these variants are gonna be for sale at their specific shows as well.
  • Options

Pearl Jam is releasing twelve limited-edition vinyl variants for their twelfth studio album, "Dark Matter." Ten of these new, vibrant colorways will be sold exclusively at select indie record stores.
    SUPER stoked to be one of the stores that will be carrying one of the variants!
    The regional version that we will have is clear with orange, black, and white. We expect to have them in store on Friday, April 19th. There are NO pre-orders. You have to stop in on the 19th to get one.
    You'll definitely need to add one of these to your Pearl Jam vinyl collection!

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,967
    Sexy
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    So if I wanted the RSD version, do I have chances to get that at my local record store on RSD or is anybody selling that elsewhere too?
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    So if I wanted the RSD version, do I have chances to get that at my local record store on RSD or is anybody selling that elsewhere too?
    With the other 12 variants and 15000 being pressed, the RSD  will sit on the shelves. No need to hurry.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    With the other 12 variants and 15000 being pressed, the RSD  will sit on the shelves. No need to hurry.

Oh that's great news then! I like the colors the best.
  • Options
    skyler91skyler91 New York Posts: 90
    JackD. said:

I wouldn’t wait too long. Yes it’s less likely now that these will sell out instantly but that’s also not a guarantee bigger shops are likely to get 50 to 100 of them smaller shops maybe 20 so I would just get it if you plan on getting it. Nothing is guaranteed in life don’t wait I will tell you this. My record store still has one copy left of live on two legs RSD release but my store is also a huge store. Get it now pay the release price versus waiting and paying the eBay prices just my two cents. Good luck
  • Options
    BT71946BT71946 Posts: 13
    Missoula available again at Ear Candy

Happy Valley in Australia still has UK variant

Any update on Phillie, seems to be our white whale
  • Options
    JackD. said:

Oh that's great news
    skyler91 said:
    JackD. said:

I wouldn’t wait too long. Yes it’s less likely now that these will sell out instantly but that’s also not a guarantee bigger shops are likely to get 50 to 100 of them smaller shops maybe 20 so I would just get it if you plan on getting it. Nothing is guaranteed in life don’t wait I will tell you this. My record store still has one copy left of live on two legs RSD release but my store is also a huge store. Get it now pay the release price versus waiting and paying the eBay prices just my two cents. Good luck

I would love to get one right now but I cannot find it online anywhere. And I am not sure if my local record store will carry it. Any online sources available? I only found NW and Chicago online.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    JackD. said:
    RSD are 15000 world wide, not only US, or am I wrong.  

-95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,588
    SHould be in person only.  
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,052
    edited March 29
    JackD. said:

Oh that's great news
    skyler91 said:
    JackD. said:

I would love to get one right now but I cannot find it online anywhere. And I am not sure if my local record store will carry it. Any online sources available? I only found NW and Chicago online.
    For the RSD version you will have to go to your record store on Record Store Day. If there are any left they should be sold online the next day. I actually have fun in the RSD line. I end up talking to some interesting people. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,409
    JackD. said:

Oh that's great news
    skyler91 said:
    JackD. said:

I ordered it last week but the order was canceled. I believe pre-orders aren't allowed for RSD titles, presumably because they want people to go to their local stores in person, but some shops will put their remaining inventory online later in the day or the next day (e.g. Easy Street). 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    JackD. said:

Oh that's great news
    skyler91 said:
    JackD. said:

For the RSD version you will have to go to your record store on Record Store Day. If there are any left they should be sold online the next day. I actually have fun in the RSD line. I end up talking to some interesting people. 

I know how RSD works, I've been to a few in the past :) However, logistics do not always work in our favor. That is why I was asking.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,283
    Billie Eilish Ripping artists for variants, saying it’s bad for the environment etc…and a cash grab

😬

• Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 275
    JackD. said:
    RSD are 15000 world wide, not only US, or am I wrong.  

Nope, 15.000 are just US.
    No info on worldwide pressing numbers yet.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    edited March 29
    CROJAM95 said:
    Billie Eilish Ripping artists for variants, saying it’s bad for the environment etc…and a cash grab

😬

Yet she had 8 variants of her last album so I guess it’s coming from experience
    Post edited by Hawk123 on
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,178
    edited March 29
    Post edited by bicyclejoe on
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 275
    No one is forced to buy the records, so where is the problem?
    I love it that there is a great variety of cool colors to chose from for dark Matter.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,006
    Yeah if they are pressing 50,000 copies anyway if they make it fun instead of just 1 color, it’s not that big of a deal. 

That being said, it is getting dumb. But her point would land harder if she didn’t already do several variants of all her records. 
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,178
    I’m not a Billie Eilish fan. But I think her vinyl releases use recycled vinyl and biodegradable cellophane wrap. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,962
    I think she was really knocking people like Taylor Swift who had a different bonus song on each variant thus making people buy all of them.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,144

Billie might want to sit down…
  • Options

Billie might want to sit down…

She's horrible.