Options

12 VARIANTS FOR THE 12TH PEARL JAM ALBUM

Comments

• Options
    Staney12Staney12 Posts: 43
    Has the Philly warrant appeared online at all?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,391
    Staney12 said:
    Has the Philly warrant appeared online at all?

Online orders? Yep, but all two are sold out.

Few stores are taking call in / pick up in store only orders on the Philly variant on their Facebook pages.

• Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,298
    Not sure if posted already but Rattleback Records in Chicago has a form to sign up for a preorder

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeA7TxBI150lBmJKnmAZ1Pwk20b4BP9SpIul1DjOKevgG1F5g/viewform

just submitted the form. hopefully it goes through for shipping to Indiana 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Sorry, normally I would, but I'd kinda like to stay married. I've already been read the riot act(no pun intended)...
    "I Swear to God, if you buy one more Pearl Jam record!!" 

Liner Note* I started off so strong. and only bought one.Then the next day opportunity and ocd collided, and before I knew it, I had bought 4 😬
    this is like most PJ fans convo with their partners. Very similar here. And my wife loves PJ.

It's funny, but I tend to have the opposite. I already ordered the Ten Club red (and I'm good with just the one), but my partner has been checking out the other colors. Pretty sure I've talked her down from getting any, but there are a couple of other RSD releases we'll be looking for in April, so we might come home with the RSD variant. She's better about vinyl than posters though, so maybe not.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Dark Matter Variant press #'s (Update#1)

Philadelphia= 1,500
    Boston= 1,500
    Chicago= 1,500
    California= 2,500
    Pacific North West= 3,500
    Ten Club= (est)10-15,000 
    Record Store Day= 15,000
    Missoula seemed to sell very quickly from that local shop.  Another Montana shop is pickup-only because of the demand.   I agree with someone earlier.  It's likely going to be the smallest run.  Can't see it having the same 1,500 number as those 3 major PJ markets above.  

I'm guessing NYC is at least 2,500 like California.   Raiders/Vegas edition is probably 1,500.  
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,192
    mcgruff10 said:
    Does the color affect the sound in any way?
    Generally no. Color itself won’t affect the sound. It has more to do with where it’s pressed. Split, tri and quad can lead to problems, swirl and splatter are generally fine.

This is exactly right.
    The color of the Vinyl does not affect the sound at all.
    It is the quality of the pressing and the pressing facility.
    By the way, Vinyl is not black originally. Black Vinyl, like all colored Vinyl variants, is also inked / dyed.
    Yes, black vinyl is “colored” vinyl.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Has anyone purchased the Chicago variant through: https://valshallarecords.com/sho/
    If so, did you receive a confirmation email?
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,161
    Has anyone purchased the Chicago variant through: https://valshallarecords.com/sho/
    Yes and yes. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 797
    edited March 25
    Jup and jup.
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 278
    I did not get a confirmation mail.
    I emailed them then and got the reply that they got my order.
  • Options
    I did not get a confirmation mail.
    I emailed them then and got the reply that they got my order.
    Nice so it's looking like 50/50, some did some didn't.  I guess I'll have to email them when I get home from work to confirm.  At least I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Dark Matter (Red, Yellow, Black Vinyl) (Exclusive to The Record Hub.com) https://www.therecordhub.com/products/vinyl-pearl-jam-dark-matter-red-yellow-black-vinyl-exclusive-to-the-record-hub-com

• Options
    bbecker716bbecker716 Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if these new regional variants will include the 24 page booklet?  The Ten Club variants mention the booklet but I haven't seen it mentioned on any of the regional ones.
  • Options
  • Options
    Dont ship to the Netherlands, bummer
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 917
    Robbert said:
    Did you try selecting the pick up option? They say they will invoice separately for international shipping.
  • Options
    rw160510 said:
    Robbert said:
    Did you try selecting the pick up option? They say they will invoice separately for international shipping.
    Yeah, didnt work
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 917
    Robbert said:
    rw160510 said:
    Robbert said:
    Yeah, didnt work
    That sucks :(
  • Options
    once76once76 Posts: 12
    edited March 25
    I' m italian and I tried to place an order.
    Post edited by once76 on
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 670
    I'm wondering why the photos vary so much. For example, the center labels on each variant are all the dark amber swirl, when the  record is shown half way out of the cover jacket. When shown fully out, in 1 mass photo, they have an array of different labels. 

I would want to know for certain what it will look like (within normal variance of pattern) before I consider an additional variant beside the one I ordered originally. 
    If I have to open the album to see what label is on it, that would seem to make it non-returnable, if its not what I anticipated.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,089
    mcgruff10 said:
    Does the color affect the sound in any way?
    Generally no. Color itself won’t affect the sound. It has more to do with where it’s pressed. Split, tri and quad can lead to problems, swirl and splatter are generally fine.

glow in the dark is a different type of pvc. So that will sound worse. 
    Stones gid rsd sounds great. It's more of a translucent gid. I have another solid gid that sounds badish. Looks great in the dark!
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    rw160510 said:
    Robbert said:
    Yeah, didnt work

Try clearing cache and start over. By default if you mistakenly added your mailing address it won't make you chose pick up store. Gotta start over. 
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,799
    I'm wondering why the photos vary so much. For example, the center labels on each variant are all the dark amber swirl, when the  record is shown half way out of the cover jacket. When shown fully out, in 1 mass photo, they have an array of different labels. 

I would want to know for certain what it will look like (within normal variance of pattern) before I consider an additional variant beside the one I ordered originally. 
    If I have to open the album to see what label is on it, that would seem to make it non-returnable, if it’s not what I anticipated.
    The center labels matter that much to you?
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,023
    Man, for $45-$60 for the records, it’s a massive bummer they come in basic paper sleeves rather than polylined.