Options

12 VARIANTS FOR THE 12TH PEARL JAM ALBUM

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,283
    Mr V likes her music

to each their own, if you want to drop $700 for the same record to have all 12, that’s great…. I’m good with my 2, need some cash on the road 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,578
    CROJAM95 said:
    Mr V likes her music

to each their own, if you want to drop $700 for the same record to have all 12, that’s great…. I’m good with my 2, need some cash on the road 
    I think there are two valid criticisms in play here:

1) The production of superfluous items that are derived from fossil fuels is bad for the environment; and

2) Issuing multiple versions of an album, each with a unique track, exploits the goodwill of an artist's fans.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 503
    Looks like repo records just restocked Philly!  Go get em
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Mr V likes her music

1) The production of superfluous items that are derived from fossil fuels is bad for the environment; and

2) Issuing multiple versions of an album, each with a unique track, exploits the goodwill of an artist's fans.
    For sure on both, #2 is insulting…. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,156

Back up! Pearl Jam - Dark Matter (exclusive regional variant) LP Pre-Order https://www.reporecords.com/preorders/pearl-jam

• Options
    How quick did it go
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 503
    Maybe 10 minutes, must have only had a couple copies
  • Options
    edited March 29
    Just curious, gotta resist the merch…. 1st trip to Vegas coming, followed by LA, east coast in September 

im concerned bout losing my mind in Vegas 🤣
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    Let's hope they don't cheap out and not Hype Sticker each variant like their previous 2 releases.
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    edited March 29
    Anybody get a bead on the Seattle variant?
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,994
    Is there a COVID variant?? 🤔😉
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,053
    Yes. It’s called Gigaton. 
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 221
    Hoccapuk said:
    Looks like repo records just restocked Philly!  Go get em
    Well drat. And I was signed up for an email when it came back in stock and never got one. 
    The search continues... 
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think she was really knocking people like Taylor Swift who had a different bonus song on each variant thus making people buy all of them.  
    That makes more sense than the different colour pressings 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,970
    I need to stay away from here
     Bad for my wallet 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,578
    GlowGirl said:
    Ha!
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,410
    Hawk123 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think she was really knocking people like Taylor Swift who had a different bonus song on each variant thus making people buy all of them.  
    That makes more sense than the different colour pressings 
    They're different colors too 
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 275
    edited March 30
    The Back, Red & Yellow Vinyl is #1 on the jpc charts (the only store that sells it in Germany - it ships worldwide) for over a week now.
    Seems like a huge demand for this variant although it isn't the favorite of many here.
    https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/pearl-jam-dark-matter/hnum/11804114
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,109
    GlowGirl said:
    🤣 Nice one GlowWorm!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,156

Pearl Jam Dark Matter PNW Special RSD Color Variant  https://www.rockinrubys.com/PearlJamDarkMatterPNWColorVariant

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895
    CROJAM95 said:
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Mr V likes her music

For sure on both, #2 is insulting…. 

Especially when they go and drop a version with everything included (usually digital only, but still) a couple of months later.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    McGruffMcGruff Island Of The Goon Posts: 40
    Sea said:
    12 VARIANTS FOR THE 12TH PEARL JAM ALBUM
    News March 22 2024

For the band's twelfth studio album, Pearl Jam is releasing twelve limited-edition vinyl variants.

Ten of these new, vibrant colorways will be sold exclusively at select indie record stores. Eight of which will be available in the US and the other two internationally. Find a variant available near you, here.

If classic formats are more your style, find crystal clear and black vinyls on the Pearl Jam shop. Pre-order Dark Matter here.

I pre ordered at 10C and I'll pick up a RSD variant if they're still in stock when I get there. Other than that, no thanks on all these others.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    demetrios said:

Pearl Jam Dark Matter PNW Special RSD Color Variant  https://www.rockinrubys.com/PearlJamDarkMatterPNWColorVariant

Note: that is in-store pick up only! No shipping.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,887
    Kwieneke said:
    Not sure if posted already but Rattleback Records in Chicago has a form to sign up for a preorder

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeA7TxBI150lBmJKnmAZ1Pwk20b4BP9SpIul1DjOKevgG1F5g/viewform

just submitted the form. hopefully it goes through for shipping to Indiana 
    Has there been any success with this form? I just put a call into the store to see if there are any copies still available for pre order. Waiting to hear back from the owner. But has anybody received anything back after filling out pre order form? 
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 221
    Ray J. T. said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Not sure if posted already but Rattleback Records in Chicago has a form to sign up for a preorder

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeA7TxBI150lBmJKnmAZ1Pwk20b4BP9SpIul1DjOKevgG1F5g/viewform

Has there been any success with this form? I just put a call into the store to see if there are any copies still available for pre order. Waiting to hear back from the owner. But has anybody received anything back after filling out pre order form? 
    I filled out the form when it was first posted, and they sent me an invoice to pay. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,549
    edited April 10
    Ray J. T. said:
    Kwieneke said:

I filled out the form when it was first posted, and they sent me an invoice to pay. 
    Same, and got an acknowledgment of the invoice being received. 
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,887
    Ray J. T. said:
    Kwieneke said:

Same, and got an acknowledgment of the invoice being received. 
    Thanks, I spoke with the shop owner and he told me he would check with the distributor tomorrow, and would let me know if he is going to have enough copies secured that would be able send me an invoice for one.