Options

MSG behind the stage ??

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,422
    Anybody having problems getting in? I have to get texted or emailed a code to get in. But everytime it keeps saying there's a problem on their end
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    igotid88 said:
    Anybody having problems getting in? I have to get texted or emailed a code to get in. But everytime it keeps saying there's a problem on their end
    Yep, got the same
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,638
    edited February 28
    igotid88 said:
    Yup. I figured I started needing the code to get in because I kept checking so often and they thought I was a bot/broker…
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    yosi said:
    igotid88 said:
    Yup. I figured I started needing the code to get in because I kept checking so often and they thought I was a bot/broker…

I Believe they turned on the text number confirmation process. So, in addition to the lobby, the waiting room, the line, now we have to get a text, the site is very slow, so our beloved band thinks that we should spend the rest of our lives looking for a ticket for under $1000.

they told us that Premium would have 10% of the tickets. but of course they’re releasing them in very tiny quantities manipulating and driving up the prices. Why not just let the market decide the prices, as they tole us was their intent, release the 10%, instead of purposely trying to gouge the fans?

And, of course, they said nothing about rear stage seats, which amounts to a 20% decline in available tickets. This band never ceases to punish its fans
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 182
    More I think about it, Eddie and Mike being spotted at multiple U2 sphere shows, the rumor of the band being at the sphere studios in burbank, the likelyhood of visuals behind the stage as part of this tour, a number of people urging those on the fence about seeing them in europe this tour or waiting to 'see them now' as if the future isn't happening, think we will be seeing each other in Vegas at the Sphere in 2025 or 2026. 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,638
    yosi said:
    igotid88 said:

I Believe they turned on the text number confirmation process. So, in addition to the lobby, the waiting room, the line, now we have to get a text, the site is very slow, so our beloved band thinks that we should spend the rest of our lives looking for a ticket for under $1000.
    Agreed, the ticket “buying” experience right now is painful. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    I would be shocked if they didn't sell behind the stage tickets to arguably the most sought after venue location on their whole tour...
    I agree 100%.  They will sell behind the stage seats for the shows they normally sell behind the stage seats for.  These are never released at the same time as the general sale.  They also have more PJ premium to unload before they open up the rear stage seats and cannibalize their own premium tickets they are trying to sell. 
    Gorge
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,422
    I would be shocked if they didn't sell behind the stage tickets to arguably the most sought after venue location on their whole tour...
    I agree 100%.  They will sell behind the stage seats for the shows they normally sell behind the stage seats for.  These are never released at the same time as the general sale.  They also have more PJ premium to unload before they open up the rear stage seats and cannibalize their own premium tickets they are trying to sell. 
    Behind the stage were always sold at the same time. MSG  in 2020 which went into 2022 was sold out and that included behind the stage seats 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    igotid88 said:
    Behind the stage were always sold at the same time. MSG  in 2020 which went into 2022 was sold out and that included behind the stage seats 
    St Louis in 2020, behind the stage was part of the verified and general sale as well.
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Nj JeBurkhardt said:
    igotid88 said:
    St Louis in 2020, behind the stage was part of the verified and general sale as well.
    Last year, the lower level behind the stage seats were part of the 10c lottery for the Chicago shows. 
  • Options
    More I think about it, Eddie and Mike being spotted at multiple U2 sphere shows, the rumor of the band being at the sphere studios in burbank, the likelyhood of visuals behind the stage as part of this tour, a number of people urging those on the fence about seeing them in europe this tour or waiting to 'see them now' as if the future isn't happening, think we will be seeing each other in Vegas at the Sphere in 2025 or 2026. 

I think it’s great that fans like the sphere, but as a New Yorker, it’s just more pain caused by the Dolan family. To read comments like this is depressing.

I think it’s exciting that fans like the U2 shows in Vegas. To me, sitting on a steep ski slope in front of an enormous screen and a tiny stage forcing fans to sit the majority of the show is not a decent concert experience. All of a sudden PJ is going to transform into a Tool or Rush type band with dynamic light shows (I like both those bands and their live shows)?

PJ spent a career building a legacy of being surrounded by their fans getting the garden and other arenas to shake and rock. They are going to transform everything they worked…for what? Depressing.

Also, this new norm where bands are expecting fans to travel long distance …it’s one thing for a mini festival like Phish just did in Cancun, but to replace an entire tour is about the worst carbon footprint four or five men can create. Instead of a couple hundred traveling, we are going to expect 400,000 fans to hop in planes now? And, Vegas has no resources, everything consumed there, food and water, must be transported long distances. That’s hardly saving the planet. Thanks Jimmy and Chuck.
  • Options
    I got MSG sec 222 in the verified fan sale
    keep telling myself that I’m just lucky to be in the building!
    honestly have no issue coughing up the dough for these guys 
  • Options
    Sorry I have not seen a confirmation , assuming this tour they are starting a new concert theme with giant screens and 25% of MSG featuring empty seats? They’ve never held off behind stage seats on sale this long?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,237
    Sorry I have not seen a confirmation , assuming this tour they are starting a new concert theme with giant screens and 25% of MSG featuring empty seats? They’ve never held off behind stage seats on sale this long?
    Someone posted a Danny Clinch artwork a while back on one of these threads that very much looked like there would be something to look at behind the band, which likely means no behind stage seats.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    This is just my opinion, but Pearl Jam doesn’t need the extra visuals. Their music stands on its own and there are already screens on each side of the stage to project images on if they want to. More seats available for shows, especially at places like New York where demand is crazy, would be better than a backdrop behind them. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,835
    ^^
  • Options
    This is just my opinion, but Pearl Jam doesn’t need the extra visuals. Their music stands on its own and there are already screens on each side of the stage to project images on if they want to. More seats available for shows, especially at places like New York where demand is crazy, would be better than a backdrop behind them. 

I agree. I am a big Rush, Tool and Floyd fan, all bands that had intricate live shows that were fun and impressive. It worked well for them 

PJ spent a career building "their thing" which was immersing the band in a 360 sea of swooning fans interacting with the band and music, which  could throw a major surprise at any moment. Not sure they realize they're now inviting fans to sit back, sit down and enjoy the light show.

And if they plan on the light show interacting with the music,  that limits changing the setlist or limiting the intensity of the light and video show. Sure they could put the visuals on autopilot like Disco Biscuits, put that defeats the purpose of an elite light show.

And they're cutting attendance 25% which may explain part of the big jump in face value

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    Who’s going to be sitting down? 
  • Options
    Who’s going to be sitting down? 

The fans taking shrooms gazing at the wild laser show and huge screens.

seriously, it’s a much different dynamic than their 360 degree immersive experience with the fans. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited March 19

I think it’s great that fans like the sphere, but as a New Yorker, it’s just more pain caused by the Dolan family. To read comments like this is depressing.

I think it’s exciting that fans like the U2 shows in Vegas. To me, sitting on a steep ski slope in front of an enormous screen and a tiny stage forcing fans to sit the majority of the show is not a decent concert experience. All of a sudden PJ is going to transform into a Tool or Rush type band with dynamic light shows (I like both those bands and their live shows)?

PJ spent a career building a legacy of being surrounded by their fans getting the garden and other arenas to shake and rock. They are going to transform everything they worked…for what? Depressing.

Also, this new norm where bands are expecting fans to travel long distance …it’s one thing for a mini festival like Phish just did in Cancun, but to replace an entire tour is about the worst carbon footprint four or five men can create. Instead of a couple hundred traveling, we are going to expect 400,000 fans to hop in planes now? And, Vegas has no resources, everything consumed there, food and water, must be transported long distances. That’s hardly saving the planet. Thanks Jimmy and Chuck.
    The Sphere had GA.  The Sphere had lower bowl that had great seats for seeing the stage.  The Sphere had upper bowl tickets where you'd be looking at the screens more than the stage.   Hmmn....you could easily replace "The Sphere" with "The United Center", "Wrigley Field", "MSG", etc.... and the statements are still true.

What the Sphere has that the arenas do not is amazing sound and an amazing visual experience that everyone leaves amazed by.  

I can agree with you on the carbon footprint, but PJ playing the Sphere is a drop in the bucket of people going to Vegas to vacation each day or attend conferences.  
  • Options

The Sphere had GA.  The Sphere had lower bowl that had great seats for seeing the stage.  The Sphere had upper bowl tickets where you'd be looking at the screens more than the stage.   Hmmn....you could easily replace "The Sphere" with "The United Center", "Wrigley Field", "MSG", etc.... and the statements are still true.

What the Sphere has that the arenas do not is amazing sound and an amazing visual experience that everyone leaves amazed by.  

I can agree with you on the carbon footprint, but PJ playing the Sphere is a drop in the bucket of people going to Vegas to vacation each day or attend conferences.  
    We had 100 level for the second to last U2 show and GA for the final night. It was such a fantastic experience - impossible to explain how great it was to someone who wasn't there - the pro shot video will never do it justice.

The sound was incredible and the resolution of the screen is insane. I think it's something like 14K if I'm recalling correctly.

It was my first time going to Vegas (never had any interest) and now, I'm all for going back. 

It will be interesting to see what type of stage Phish and Dead and Co use. The U2 stage was based on a turntable designed by Brian Eno, so I'm not sure if other bands will be using it as well. It was slightly higher than an arena stage, more like stadium show height.

There have been some rumors that Goose might play there for their annual Goosemas. Their light show would be perfect for that venue. If Pearl Jam play a residency there as I do expect they will at some point, we will definitely go. But, like others have said, if they are using the screen capabilities similarly to what U2 did, then that would limit spontaneity. If they're simply using it as a video backdrop that isn't choreographed to a setlist, that leaves their options open. We should learn from the Phish shows next month.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options

U2 had hundreds of thousands of fans who otherwise would take a local train to the city to see their show. We can explain/justify this carbon footprint however it fits our tastes and desires. To me, this is taking something that for decades was local and turning it into long distance airfare and transportation of precious food and water resources into a desert.

people love it, and that’s great. And I understand the photos don’t do it justice. Just having a tough time digesting this photo as a concert experience. It looks much steeper than any indoor arena , like it’s turning the arena concert experience into a stadium

• Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 202
    just checking if all MSG resell will be above retail or will be lucky to find $175 tickets off f2f?
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    PinoyPJ said:
    just checking if all MSG resell will be above retail or will be lucky to find $175 tickets off f2f?
    MSG isn’t gonna have much if any fan to fan since they can’t enforce their typical ticket resale policies in the state.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,187
    Will be disappointing if the band adds a back screen, especially at the expense of seats. I know it’s the “thing” now but they have always held on to music being the focal point. 

Also you can have a visual and still sell the back. Billy Joel has small “sliver” visuals hung high that you can even see backwards in the back bowl.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    Will be disappointing if the band adds a back screen, especially at the expense of seats. I know it’s the “thing” now but they have always held on to music being the focal point. 

Also you can have a visual and still sell the back. Billy Joel has small “sliver” visuals hung high that you can even see backwards in the back bowl.
    Stone said they are still working on the production which seems a bit crazy being 6 weeks from the start of the tour. If so maybe they are waiting to see what seats they can sell with limited view 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    PJNB said:

Stone said they are still working on the production which seems a bit crazy being 6 weeks from the start of the tour. If so maybe they are waiting to see what seats they can sell with limited view 
    Good point.  That makes sense. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,556
    Got me thinking, maybe this is why more people got floor seats this year….the screen might not be fully viewable from the side sections? 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 581
    PJNB said:

When did that interview take place? Could have been weeks ago, no? Given the cost to put together production, I doubt they are playing it by ear.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    My L.A. tickets are side stage, really close to Mike.  Hopefully they are not obstructed by any new possible production fixtures.