Options

Please play Who You Are in Vancouver

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,824
    Chillin in GAbump
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    Chilling in row 1 bump

• Options
    Almost shit a brick when Eddie said they were playing a request off of No Code then played red mosquito bump.
  • Options
    off day bump
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,516
    Zod said:
    Chilling in row 1 bump

You were Row 1 Floor? What seat?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    1 and 2.  All the over on Mike's side. It was an interesting location.  The rail between GA and row 1 runs about 1.5 seats short, so there wasn't much rail in front of us, but is also meant it was a clear view of the stage.  Pretty decent tickets.  My 10c tickets were row 4 centre, but another 10c'er (who I think introduced himself to me yesterday) hooked me up with the row 1's for night 1, and my friends benefited by using my row 4's. 
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 400
    edited May 5
    Zod said:
    1 and 2.  All the over on Mike's side. It was an interesting location.  The rail between GA and row 1 runs about 1.5 seats short, so there wasn't much rail in front of us, but is also meant it was a clear view of the stage.  Pretty decent tickets.  My 10c tickets were row 4 centre, but another 10c'er (who I think introduced himself to me yesterday) hooked me up with the row 1's for night 1, and my friends benefited by using my row 4's. 
    I was in Row 1 almost dead center. Found it a bit annoying pre-show as it’s used as a through way for anyone crossing the arena and the small sealed walkway in front of the row is busy with security and photographers shuffling around. Once the show started though they made sure nobody cut through and it was great! I had a security guard that was ordered to post up right in front of me so he had me singing right into his face all night 😂. Hopefully he was well paid. 
    Post edited by ekwipt on
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I was behind you in Row 2, Seat 12. I'm actually in Row 1 Monday (Seat 6) and I'm looking forward to having the rail. It wasn't bad being in Row 2 because the people in Row 1 were leaning on the rail and thus were slightly lower than my line of sight. And I felt less self-conscious about them hearing me singing because they were an additional three feet further forward. Ah, who am I kidding? I was not self-conscious about singing!

The Ten Club members who were next to me last night (Missy and I forgot the other woman's name, alas) were great neighbors and we're next to each other again on Monday. It was especially cool because they were as into the new songs as I am.
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    Zod said:
    I was in Row 1 almost dead center. Found it a bit annoying pre-show as it’s used as a through way for anyone crossing the arena and the small sealed walkway in front of the row is busy with security and photographers shuffling around. Once the show started though they made sure nobody cut through and it was great! I had a security guard that was ordered to post up right in front of me so he had me singing right into his face all night 😂. Hopefully he was well paid. 

Yah, we missed most of that because we were on the side, and the security guy by us was short, so didn't really impact the view.  I think being row 1 on the floor, is better than say being row 15 in a completely seated venue.   That gap in space at the back of the pit, it really helps being able to see the stage.  Even my wife who is a fair but shorter than me could see the stage.  Good times :)  Hopefully she hear who you are tomorrow night :)
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    I was behind you in Row 2, Seat 12. I'm actually in Row 1 Monday (Seat 6) and I'm looking forward to having the rail. It wasn't bad being in Row 2 because the people in Row 1 were leaning on the rail and thus were slightly lower than my line of sight. And I felt less self-conscious about them hearing me singing because they were an additional three feet further forward. Ah, who am I kidding? I was not self-conscious about singing!

The Ten Club members who were next to me last night (Missy and I forgot the other woman's name, alas) were great neighbors and we're next to each other again on Monday. It was especially cool because they were as into the new songs as I am.
    Can you really hear people sing that much at shows? Its usually so loud it drowns out most people :)  I do where plugs to concerts, but usually I don't hear people around me signing too much.

It's always fun being amongst the 10c'ers on the floor. 

I saw someone from Pearl Jam's crew giving the odd person a GA wristband last night.  One fan got one, and she was so happy she was almost in a tear meltdown.   Only she got one though, someone sitting beside her tried to get one and it was a no go :)

• Options
    Zod said:
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:

Can you really hear people sing that much at shows? Its usually so loud it drowns out most people :)  I do where plugs to concerts, but usually I don't hear people around me signing too much.

I saw someone from Pearl Jam's crew giving the odd person a GA wristband last night.  One fan got one, and she was so happy she was almost in a tear meltdown.   Only she got one though, someone sitting beside her tried to get one and it was a no go :)

I generally feel that people who are singing in tune and in sync with the singer blend in. When someone is not in tune or not in sync, then it stands out. Since I'm definitely in sync with the singer and I'm in tune (or at least so I tell myself), I assume I'm blending in.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:

I generally feel that people who are singing in tune and in sync with the singer blend in. When someone is not in tune or not in sync, then it stands out. Since I'm definitely in sync with the singer and I'm in tune (or at least so I tell myself), I assume I'm blending in.
    Would love to hear you harmonize with Who You Are :)
  • Options
    edited May 6
    Had Shawarma, a Kilkenny and getting ready for the Violent Femmes bump.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Got back from the Violent Femmes at the Commodore bump!
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 702
    Would make a great opening song tonight bump.
  • Options
    Fallen AngelFallen Angel Posts: 21
    Zod said:
    That was me that introduced myself before the show started on Saturday. Where are you seated tonight?
  • Options
    edited May 6
    Zod said:
    That was me that introduced myself before the show started on Saturday. Where are you seated tonight?
    It was good to meet you!  We're in the same row, same section but about 10 seats over.  Should be fun :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    thirdbeachthirdbeach Posts: 68
    Zod said:
    Greetings - My wife and I were in row 6, seats 1 and 2.  Me - white guy with a huge afro.  

I thought the show was great.  Good mix of new stuff as well as old classics.  The screen didn't dwarf the band like I can only imagine the sphere would.  The highlight for us was Eddie singing "I won't back down".  One of our best friends who is no longer with us went to dozens of PJ shows with us as well as Tom Petty.  Got a bit choked up to say the least.  

Met some great people before the show at the Shark's club that ended up being in your row I think.  Then others after the show at Moxie.  The only bummer was having to be at the train station at 6:15 am.  Ouch!

Have a great time tonight!!
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 343
    I think you will get Who You Are tonight!  Cheers all and have a great time at the show.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Greetings - My wife and I were in row 6, seats 1 and 2.  Me - white guy with a huge afro.  

I thought the show was great.  Good mix of new stuff as well as old classics.  The screen didn't dwarf the band like I can only imagine the sphere would.  The highlight for us was Eddie singing "I won't back down".  One of our best friends who is no longer with us went to dozens of PJ shows with us as well as Tom Petty.  Got a bit choked up to say the least.  

Met some great people before the show at the Shark's club that ended up being in your row I think.  Then others after the show at Moxie.  The only bummer was having to be at the train station at 6:15 am.  Ouch!

Have a great time tonight!!
    I know the feeling we'll be getting a ferry back home fairky early in the morning.

I loved the wash opening.  I also have a soft spot for leatherman.  I relentlessly spun the given to fly cd.single before yield came out.  Shouls be a great show tonight :)
  • Options
    Waiting for merch bump :)
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 621
    Zod said:
    Waiting for merch bump :)
    +1
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,824
    Merch delivery delay. Still not open. Please hold, your purchase is important to us.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    That explains why the line isnt moving :)
  • Options
    Temperature dropped in the merch line bump.
  • Options
    survived the merch lineup bump.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,722
    I met a girl at a local the Tea Party show Nov. 8, 23 with three crooked hearts tattooed. (Vedder's cover covered there - haha). I was telling her the rumor that just dropped Nov. 11 about the Vancouver show and the new tour. She'd been down in Vegas at the same time as me to catch the Earthling show. Anyhow this Gem of a girl got in the merch line on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. and grab me a few things. I'm so happy for her so I can pass on a thank you gift to @lastexitlondon who smuggled me "Dark Matter" lyrics from the UK pre-show!

Sorry I didn't get yo yell Zoooooooooooooodddddd! Best wishes ❤️ for U tonight, island boy.
  • Options
    Thanks Spunkie.. I loved the shoutout to Victoria on night 1.   Not a time goes by I walk by Harpo's (now called Upstairs) and don't think about how it cool it would of been to see PJ play there.
  • Options
    Almost 4pm bump.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,722
    Oh you're in it for the long haul haha that was like me trying to score some fn ga's