Options

Please play Who You Are in Vancouver

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,397
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    MikeDigs said:
    I hope that you get Who You Are in Vancouver, and also it would be amazing to see a full No Code play through in some lucky city.
    It would be, but I think full album shows might be tough on a tour for a new album.  Doesn't leave much time for the rest of that catalog. That would be so epic though. No Code and Dark Matter back to back, then close it out with some big hits for the casuals :)
    Yes, this is not a nostalgia tour. Pearl Jam is not Mike Love's Beach Boys. Looking backwards by playing a full album from 20 or 30 years ago when you have a brand-new album that you've yet to play live would be such a waste.
    yah, I'm good with Who You Are, I want to hear Dark Matter live, but I've got some friends coming for their first PJ shows, so it would be cool if they play some hits too .. haha.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    MikeDigs said:
    I hope that you get Who You Are in Vancouver, and also it would be amazing to see a full No Code play through in some lucky city.
    It would be, but I think full album shows might be tough on a tour for a new album.  Doesn't leave much time for the rest of that catalog. That would be so epic though. No Code and Dark Matter back to back, then close it out with some big hits for the casuals :)
    Yes, this is not a nostalgia tour. Pearl Jam is not Mike Love's Beach Boys. Looking backwards by playing a full album from 20 or 30 years ago when you have a brand-new album that you've yet to play live would be such a waste.
    Yah, but good thing there's a little spare time for Who You Are :)

So looking forward to Dark Matter though... Been spinning the shit out of it for two weeks now.. i love it more and more every time.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,866
    Zod said:
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    MikeDigs said:
    yah, I'm good with Who You Are, I want to hear Dark Matter live, but I've got some friends coming for their first PJ shows, so it would be cool if they play some hits too .. haha.
    It's fine by me, too. They obviously will have to play other, older songs, and a well-executed version of "Who You Are" would be a good one to play. I'm just talking about full albums from bygone eras.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    BF25394 said:
    Zod said:
    MikeDigs said:
    It's fine by me, too. They obviously will have to play other, older songs, and a well-executed version of "Who You Are" would be a good one to play. I'm just talking about full albums from bygone eras.
     I understand, it's why I like both new album tours, and no album tours.  The no album tours have a lot more room to backwards through the catalog, the new album tours give you a chance to experience a lot of new music live.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    The only full album I would like to hear right now is DM... of course I would never expect that to actually happen. If I get to hear 7 songs from DM over 2 shows I would be thrilled. And of course a nice spread from the rest of the catalogue. Just a good balance is all i want, including a few rarities .... And of course I'm going to end up happy as punch after the shows no matter what they play. All this talk stops meaning anything once the lights go down!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 485
    Just a little time before we leave…
  • Options
    Stop light, plays its part
  • Options
    They should play the No Code version on Night 1, and the Rearviewmirror version on Night 2.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    One more sleep bump
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    They should play the No Code version on Night 1, and the Rearviewmirror version on Night 2.

I didn't think of that, that would be amazing :)
  • Options
    Back to the first page.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,528
    bump
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    Evening bump.  One sleep to go!
  • Options
    Taking the stage in 24 hours. This will be my first time in Canada in over 20 years. The last time was to play baseball at Olympic Stadium in Montreal. If the shows this weekend are half as exciting as it was meeting Youppi!, I'm in for a great weekend.
  • Options
    I've never been disappointed by a PJ show in Vancouver.  I've been to all of them since '98 except for 2009.  It's going to be great :)
  • Options
    They've never let me down in 70 shows Stateside, so I am not worried about it. I was just trying to convey how exciting it was meeting Youppi!
  • Options
    lol, I had to google who Youppi was.....

24 hours from now we'll all be rocking out in the Pearl Jam encore... yaassss!!!
  • Options
    The show's start today bump!! woo!!
  • Options
    Going for my morning hike bump :)
  • Options
    Done my morning hike bump.. time to get showered, have breakfast and head to the ferry :)

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 560
    Def echo that request… especially for how long you’ve been askin’
  • Options
    Merch line bump.

• Options
    Ferry got delayed bump.
  • Options
    On the ferry bump!
  • Options
    Off the ferry bump?
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,324
    Pre game beer bump?
  • Options
    Thats the next step after getting downtown and finding our crew :)
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Spunkie said:
    Bump for Zboy, one of BCs best fans!! (@oftenreading) is awesome too!
    Thank you Spunkie! :)

Checking some of these threads now as I impatiently wait for this evening’s show. Go Zod! 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Preshow bump :)
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 554
    edited May 5
    Have a great time tonight everyone.  Happy 2024 tour kickoff.  Can't wait to check in and see what songs you get.  I have a feeling that you may get full Dark Matter.