Options

No AMEX for Australia????

Just got a text from AMEX saying my card was declined for the Australian shows because they no longer accept AMEX as a payment? WHY did site take my card ar registration & how can i get them a VISA or MC instead???
1994 Boston
1998 Mansfield
2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
2003 Mansfield (X2)
2004 Boston
2006 Chicago & Boston (x2)
2008 Mansfield (x2)
2009 Chicago
2010 Buffalo & Boston
2011 Toronto
2012 Amsterdam
2013 Wrigley, Worcerster (x2), Philly, & Hartford
2014 Memphis, Moline, Denver
2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Hampton, Philly, Fenway (x2), Wrigley Monday
2018 Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2)
2022 MSG. Nashville

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,499
    Bunch of us did.. please n message 10c and Ticketmaster AU and let them know a bunch of us got screwed. I talked to AMEX Z AND THEY admitted it was their fault
  • Options
    Do this now
  • Options
    Message 10c ticketing.. message TM AUS now... lots of us got this.  Amex admitted to me they made mistake 
  • Options
    KPLATTKPLATT Posts: 25
    Oh shit, I put in amex too
  • Options
    How do I message 10c/amex? 
  • Options
    Tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com
  • Options
    Thanks messaged them and 10c - I don't understand why they would have a picture of the amex logo on the request form and allow us to put in the card and accept it
  • Options
    KPLTT said:
    Thanks messaged them and 10c - I don't understand why they would have a picture of the amex logo on the request form and allow us to put in the card and accept it
    That's the point we want to make. It isn't wrong.. it's accepted in OZ...AMMEX screwed up but they can't fix it.. only 10c can. @Sea
  • Options
    Tenclubsupport@tickemaster.com
  • Options
    Husband is on the phone now to amex platinum support
  • Options
    KPLATT said:
    Husband is on the phone now to amex platinum support
    They can't fix it... we have all called AEX and they say they denied cause though was fraud. They didn't check with cardholder first.. they just denied. 
    On my 10c can fix
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407
    So if we used amex as payment type for N America do we need to resubmit our request before deadline
    with a Visa?
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,650
    link93 said:
    So if we used amex as payment type for N America do we need to resubmit our request before deadline
    with a Visa?
    I am thinking about it.  My Mastercards do this at times as well - will require me to confirm purchase via text and "retry" once confirmed.  Unfortunately, sounds like 10C has no flexibility with this.

I have even notified MC/Citicards before making the purchase, been told all is good, and still get the declined and text message lol

Probably going to switch my entries to VISA
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Can anyone who can still request take a screenshot showing that they say you can use AMEX? 
  • Options
    link93 said:
    with a Visa?
    No
  • Options
    KPLATT said:
    Can anyone who can still request take a screenshot showing that they say you can use AMEX? 
    Australia window for requests closed 24hrs ago
  • Options
    edited February 17
    KPLATT said:
    If TM Australia didn't take AMEX WE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SUBMIT REQUEST...as in NZ who didn't take it. @Sea
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    link93 said:
    with a Visa?
    No

or maybe

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,334
    What the fuck? I haven’t received any text from Amex yet, but if this is the reason people are missing out it’s bullshit that 10C need to fix
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    link93 said:
    with a Visa?
    No

or maybe
    Do what you think is best
  • Options
    Same happened to me so missed out on Melb and Syd .

I followed the recommendation to inform our credit card company (Amex) that a charge would be coming from a US based company with merchant decripter Ticketmaster Pearl Jam….the declined charge had merchant Islas Ticketstoday AUD so many be that’s why?

• Options
    Edited bc typos.

dumb_old_sponge_mop said:

I followed the recommendation to inform our credit card company (Amex) that a charge would be coming from a US based company with merchant decripter Ticketmaster Pearl Jam….the declined charge had merchant as  Ticketstoday AUD so maybe that’s why?

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005

I followed the recommendation to inform our credit card company (Amex) that a charge would be coming from a US based company with merchant decripter Ticketmaster Pearl Jam….the declined charge had merchant Islas Ticketstoday AUD so many be that’s why?

That sucks they did not even have the merchant for you to say. Not sure it would of mattered but still that’s something that should of been sorted correctly before the lotto. 
  • Options
    edited February 17

No... it was AMEX error and we need anyone this happened to to email tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com
    And tell them exactly... you applied for presale with a card that was accepted... then denied for no reason other than AMEX thought it was fraud. 
    There are many of us and 10club can make it right if we all let tylermoore know it wasn't isolated incident. 
    Info@tenclub.net too

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,099
    I feel really bad for everyone this happened to. I really hope it can be straightened out in your favor. I am curious if they charged those small amounts as a test on your cards. I didn't use Amex but my card accepted the $1.00 charges from Germany and the UK. So, I was wondering if those of you who had your card declined had those small charges accepted. If so, that is really screwed up on the part of Amex.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    GlowGirl said:
    I feel really bad for everyone this happened to. I really hope it can be straightened out in your favor. I am curious if they charged those small amounts as a test on your cards. I didn't use Amex but my card accepted the $1.00 charges from Germany and the UK. So, I was wondering if those of you who had your card declined had those small charges accepted. If so, that is really screwed up on the part of Amex.
    The main point.... if AMEX not allowed then it should tell you that and not have the AMEX ICON right there and accept your card. 
    NZ sign up wouldn't take it. 
    If my AMEX wasn't allowed I have 3 other cards to use. 
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    I just called AMEX and true enough, they declined my transaction. WTF??!!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,099
    GlowGirl said:
    The main point.... if AMEX not allowed then it should tell you that and not have the AMEX ICON right there and accept your card. 
    NZ sign up wouldn't take it. 
    If my AMEX wasn't allowed I have 3 other cards to use. 
    Right. I totally agree. Amex should not have been offered as a choice if they were not going to accept it. I hope they can make it right for all of you. This really sucks.

• Options
    I would be FUCKING LIVID!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    It was not AMEX.  I got the text as I was walking into dinner.  As soon as I got out I was on the phone with Amex.  My call was escalated to their platinum fraud team.  I have  way with words.  

The credit card did not decline the charge.  Tickets Today did because of “suspected fraud.”  I too had called AMEX 2 days ago so that they would be aware ticket charges from Australia and potentially Europe would be forthcoming over the next few weeks.  Their fraud team advise I contact Ticketmaster Australia.    

FWIW