No AMEX for Australia????

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    It was not AMEX.  I got the text as I was walking into dinner.  As soon as I got out I was on the phone with Amex.  My call was escalated to their platinum fraud team.  I have  way with words.  

The credit card did not decline the charge.  Tickets Today did because of “suspected fraud.”  I too had called AMEX 2 days ago so that they would be aware ticket charges from Australia and potentially Europe would be forthcoming over the next few weeks.  Their fraud team advise I contact Ticketmaster Australia.    

FWIW
    I have no clue how charges happen with credit cards and lottos but that makes zero sense to me. Why would ticketstoday send out a charge to Amex just to cancel it for fraud n their own after?
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,467
    I would be FUCKING LIVID!!!!!
    I just feel numb, to be honest, I’m not even angry anymore. It was hard enough trying to justify almost $300 per ticket in the first place, now missing out in this way is complete bullshit. 

10 years we’ve waited for a tour. 10 FUCKING YEARS. Then they announce 3 shows and fans still get fucked over in this way…

Ok… maybe I am still a little angry.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • GoofeeGoofee Melbourne Posts: 12
    This was not an Amex error. It's an error with Ticketstoday (Third party used by Ticketmaster) who don't allow Amex even though Ticketmaster do. This is really unfair. According to Amex Ticketstoday tried to charge my card for 3 different concerts and then later rejected their own payment. Really disappointing. Can someone please help?
    Melbourne 03/03/1998 Melbourne 19/02/2003 Melbourne 13/11/2006 Melbourne 20/11/2009 Melbourne BDO 24/01/2014 Sydney BDO 26/01/2014 EV Melbourne 16/02/2014 EV Melbourne 18/02/2014 San Diego 2022 LA 1 2022 LA 2 2022 Phoenix 2022
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 17
    According to emails from Amex posted in the facebook 10c group, the problem is that the merchant (ticketstoday) no longer accepts Amex

Post edited by SHZA on
    Goofee said:
    This was not an Amex error. It's an error with Ticketstoday (Third party used by Ticketmaster) who don't allow Amex even though Ticketmaster do. This is really unfair. According to Amex Ticketstoday tried to charge my card for 3 different concerts and then later rejected their own payment. Really disappointing. Can someone please help?
    Thats pretty unfortunate. It seems wide spread enough they have to do something about it. I would expect them to reach out to all that got the Amex declined issue and ask for another form of payment. Be patient hopefully they fix this mess. 
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Strength in numbers, let's just all email Tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com, as this is clearly a serious problem!

• KPLATTKPLATT Posts: 25
    10c needs to fix this. 
    SHZA said:
    According to emails from Amex posted in the facebook 10c group, the problem is that the merchant (ticketstoday) no longer accepts Amex

This confirms it. Ticketmaster AU allow AMEX, but TicketsToday does not. 

Similarly, Ticketmaster NZ does not allow AMEX, so I used my Mastercard and did get approved.
    Melbourne 03/03/1998 Melbourne 19/02/2003 Melbourne 13/11/2006 Melbourne 20/11/2009 Melbourne BDO 24/01/2014 Sydney BDO 26/01/2014 EV Melbourne 16/02/2014 EV Melbourne 18/02/2014 San Diego 2022 LA 1 2022 LA 2 2022 Phoenix 2022
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,808
    SHZA said:

Oh man, thats rough

After seeing that, I would absolutely not risk it for the USA shows if there is no need, even if it might not be a problem here.  Use a MasterCard or Visa if you can.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • goldrush said:
    I would be FUCKING LIVID!!!!!
    I just feel numb, to be honest, I’m not even angry anymore. It was hard enough trying to justify almost $300 per ticket in the first place, now missing out in this way is complete bullshit. 

10 years we’ve waited for a tour. 10 FUCKING YEARS. Then they announce 3 shows and fans still get fucked over in this way…

Ok… maybe I am still a little angry.
    I hope one way or another you are able to score tickets for these shows. 
    10 years is way too long of a time to then have to deal with this nonsense. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    This could mean thousands of Ten Club members could lose their tickets as allocations start in the USA and Europe??? Hopefully something gets rectified.
  • I'm in the same boat but haven't heard anything yet. Used my Amex for Sydney show. So Ticketmaster acceot Amex but appears that Ticketstoday do not. So cranky! I could've used my VISA but didn't know Amex would be an issue :(
    I have emailed Tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com in hope I can change to Visa somehow!
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 17
    SHZA said:

Oh man, thats rough

After seeing that, I would absolutely not risk it for the USA shows if there is no need, even if it might not be a problem here.  Use a MasterCard or Visa if you can.
    I tend to agree, although I checked my statements and I used AMEX for the U2 lottery run by TicketsToday in October 2023 and got tickets. And the 1 GBP test charge went through on my AMEX for the London show (too late to change now for UK). So I suspect (hope) it's just a TicketsToday Australia issue. They need to make it right for those affected. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Just catching up to this. Also used Amex. Haven't got an SMS, email or anything. And of course no charges on the card. I'm completely numb. All those years of paying to 10C a complete waste of money. I want a refund of every dollar.
    Just catching up to this. Also used Amex. Haven't got an SMS, email or anything. And of course no charges on the card. I'm completely numb. All those years of paying to 10C a complete waste of money. I want a refund of every dollar.
    I get the anger and frustration but I really think they will be able to work this out. It is not a one or two person issue this is wide spread. 

I mean they did 3 lottos last year surely they can send an email out to give you the opportunity to use another payment. 
  • Just go this response back from Tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com

• PJNB said:
    Just catching up to this. Also used Amex. Haven't got an SMS, email or anything. And of course no charges on the card. I'm completely numb. All those years of paying to 10C a complete waste of money. I want a refund of every dollar.
    I get the anger and frustration but I really think they will be able to work this out. It is not a one or two person issue this is wide spread. 

I mean they did 3 lottos last year surely they can send an email out to give you the opportunity to use another payment. 
    You're exactly right. But even if they fix it, I won't get tickets according to seniority in 10C. We already missed those. I had to get seated as I have a disability. 
    PJNB said:

You're exactly right. But even if they fix it, I won't get tickets according to seniority in 10C. We already missed those. I had to get seated as I have a disability. 
    I could be wrong since all I have seen are Golden Circle wins but in the past RES seniority seating happens at a later date. You just know that you won or not. Hopefully that is correct and you are in the initial seat assignment. 
  • FYI just chatted to someone at Amex. They've clearly had a few calls - she said there was internal group chat about this. The consensus seems to be that the American merchant (presumably TicketsToday) only accept US Amex's. What a cluster.
    FYI just chatted to someone at Amex. They've clearly had a few calls - she said there was internal group chat about this. The consensus seems to be that the American merchant (presumably TicketsToday) only accept US Amex's. What a cluster.
    Americans used their Amex's and got declined as well though. 
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    Email Ten Club and explain the issue.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Yes. I have absolute faith in the good people at Ticketmaster to rectify this issue in its entirety.  :|
    I think I may still be a little angry, sorry. 
  • I was originally going to use my AMEX but decided against it.  Hopefully the people who missed out due to the AMEX issue are able to sort things out.  Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at Sydney, Mebourne and Goldy!
    Newcastle 19/11/2006
    EV Dublin 9/6/2017
  • I'm one of the people who've missed out Australian shows thanks to Ticketmaster accepting Amex for registration, then declining it for ticket purchase. 

I'm beyond shattered, and have absolutely no faith this issue will be rectified in a reasonable manner. Even if they do another ballot, there's no way any 10C seniority would be incorporated into the seating allocations. 

I don't have a lot of money. I have a disability (hence the need for seating). I've poured hundreds of dollars into Ten Club member purely for the benefit of the best shot at the best tickets for a tour that took a decade to come. 

I want that money back. Simple as that. 

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624

Hi, this is a known issue and we are working through this. Could you please escalate your request here > https://tktmstr.co/SubmitRequest
    I'm one of the people who've missed out Australian shows thanks to Ticketmaster accepting Amex for registration, then declining it for ticket purchase. 

I'm beyond shattered, and have absolutely no faith this issue will be rectified in a reasonable manner. Even if they do another ballot, there's no way any 10C seniority would be incorporated into the seating allocations. 

I don't have a lot of money. I have a disability (hence the need for seating). I've poured hundreds of dollars into Ten Club member purely for the benefit of the best shot at the best tickets for a tour that took a decade to come. 

I want that money back. Simple as that. 

Did you do what most of us did and email TM AU? And 10C? And we all called and messaged AMEX... as per my post above it got their stuttering. 
    Yes. I have absolute faith in the good people at Ticketmaster to rectify this issue in its entirety.  :|
    I think I may still be a little angry, sorry. 
    It's ok
  • KPLATTKPLATT Posts: 25
    I told them that it would be a good idea for amex to work together with 10c to get this sorted out