No AMEX for Australia????

Comments

•  
    Did you do what most of us did and email TM AU? And 10C? And we all called and messaged AMEX... as per my post above it got their stuttering. 
    Yep definitely have. I'm just a naturally cynical person who have no faith in faceless corps (including 10C) to do what's right for their customers. 
    I very much hope I'm proven wrong!  :)
  • GoofeeGoofee Melbourne Posts: 12

Melbourne 03/03/1998 Melbourne 19/02/2003 Melbourne 13/11/2006 Melbourne 20/11/2009 Melbourne BDO 24/01/2014 Sydney BDO 26/01/2014 EV Melbourne 16/02/2014 EV Melbourne 18/02/2014 San Diego 2022 LA 1 2022 LA 2 2022 Phoenix 2022
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    Goofee said:

Seems we are all starting to get these....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Didnt use amex and decline as well..its not only amex
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Not sure what your situation is specifically... but this was a TM screw up of major proportion so they look like they'll make it right..?
    Not sure what your situation is specifically... but this was a TM screw up of major proportion so they look like they'll make it right..?
     have no clue what they will do..have no much faith on them
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I just redid my NA submissions since I had used an Amex card. Not taking this chance 
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    With it being a widespread issue there must be scope to contact everyone and arrange alternative payment surely?
  • With it being a widespread issue there must be scope to contact everyone and arrange alternative payment surely?
    Hopefully 
    edited February 17
     i used mastercard,advanzia bank
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • sj9966sj9966 Posts: 55
    I used a Virgin Mastercard, when they took the £1 charge I was able to add tickets today to a trusted merchants list so I'm hoping all now goes through without a hitch.

Scranton 1992, Manchester 1 2012, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Wrigley 1 2016, Amsterdam 1 2018, Prague 2018, London 2 2018, EV Madrid 2019, Hyde Park 1 2022, Hyde Park 2 2022

sj9966 said:
    I used a Virgin Mastercard, when they took the £1 charge I was able to add tickets today to a trusted merchants list so I'm hoping all now goes through without a hitch.

That is smart.. but the problem was they allowed us to use AMEX but then say it's not even accepted by vendor 
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    sj9966 said:

How do u add tickets today to merchants list?
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    edited February 17
    Something is going on with Amex. I've been a cardholder for 25 years. My wife and I use Amex for EVERYTHING!!! In the last 2 months my wife's card has had nothing but problems with online transactions being declined and flagged as fraud. I'm not even talking about high-end / high dollar value purchases. The last one was a $60 pair of soccer cleats from Dicks Sporting Goods. We have 3 active kids. We buy gear from Dicks all the time. I've called them 3 times to complain about it. They even sent her another card "to be safe". The just kept saying the purchases were out of the ordinary and with high risk vendors. Is Dicks sporting goods "high risk" now?!?!? Needless to say, I submitted all requests for this tour with a card other than AMEX for this very reason. Something has changed in their fraud algo and it's kind of a pain in the ass. 
    edited February 17
    PJammin said:
    Something is going on with Amex. I've been a cardholder for 25 years. My wife and I use Amex for EVERYTHING!!! In the last 2 months my wife's card has had nothing but problems with online transactions being declined and flagged as fraud. I'm not even talking about high-end / high dollar value purchases. The last one was a $60 pair of soccer cleats from Dicks Sporting Goods. We have 3 active kids. We buy gear from Dicks all the time. I've called them 3 times to complain about it. They even sent her another card "to be safe". The just kept saying the purchases were out of the ordinary and with high risk vendors. Is Dicks sporting goods "high risk" now?!?!? Needless to say, I submitted all requests for this tour with a card other than AMEX for this very reason. Something has changed in their fraud algo and it's kind of a pain in the ass. 
    Read.... all... the.. thread.. it was those of us for Australia tix
  • Jeez folks, I hope they get you all sorted out, this isn't cool at all.  Sorry this happened to you all.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • sj9966sj9966 Posts: 55
    just_one said:
    sj9966 said:

How do u add tickets today to merchants list?
    When I had to authorise the £1 charge via the app there was a checkbox to add to trusted merchants. 

Scranton 1992, Manchester 1 2012, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Wrigley 1 2016, Amsterdam 1 2018, Prague 2018, London 2 2018, EV Madrid 2019, Hyde Park 1 2022, Hyde Park 2 2022

• ReleaseMeReleaseMe Posts: 745
    I just redid my NA submissions since I had used an Amex card. Not taking this chance 
    exactly the same
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    PJammin said:
    Read.... all... the.. thread.. it was those of us for Australia tix
    I understand. I was just pointing out that American Express, and their fraud detection, has recently become hyper sensitive. They're even pushing card holders to opt in to voice recognition for large purchases. Anyways, If they're rejecting a stateside purchase of $60 I could see where a foreign purchase in excess of $1000 could also get flagged. It seems like maybe the issue is likely with the vendor and not the card. Now, that would be a different story. I've also see in the posts where TM appears to acknowledge some sort of processing issue with Amex cards. So who knows where the blame falls in all of this. The point I was attempting to make is that even prior to this Australian ticket issue, I wasn't even taking a chance with Amex as part of the North America draw. Looking through the thread it appears others are now doing the same. If you were one of those caught in this mess, I hope it works out for you and you get a great show down under. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited February 17
    I just redid my NA submissions since I had used an Amex card. Not taking this chance 

It's hard to imagine it will be an issue in NA, where the charge is directly through TM and not linked to Tickets Today. AMEX is the official credit card of Ticketmaster, lol. TM would have a true distaster on their hands if all TM sales couldn't process AMEX charges, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KPLATTKPLATT Posts: 25
    Apologies for my misinformation in the previous email.

As the Ten Club request window has now closed, you are unable to update your card details.

I can confirm that AMEX cards are able to be used, we are just currently experiencing a technical issues. Once resolved, the payment will be retried.
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Just got a reply from TM. All will be good!

We are aware of a technical issue that is impacting AMEX card payments for requests. Our teams are currently working on getting this fixed. We have had confirmation that all declined payments will be tried again once this issue is resolved.

Please ensure that you:
    • Have sufficient funds on your card.
    • Have contacted your bank and notified them of the upcoming charge to ensure the charge is not blocked.

Please note: if the next attempt at charging your card is declined, no further attempts will be made.
  • Keep your chins up! (I am in the same boat, had tix to 3 shows rejected) I'm sure the problem will be sorted as Ticketmaster would appreciate that messing with core fans would be a nightmare, and that's why they are paid a big fee from each ticket to handle issues like these...

I have had a couple of emails like the ones referred to above sayings it's a known problem and they are working on it. 

But, as PJ haven't been down under for 10 years, these shows are especially significant for local members who have stuck with them through thick and thin....
    All sorted now
  • Nice work Ticketmaster. ALL SORTED! Problem, resolved. :) Golden Tickets for Gold Coast, Melbourne and Sydney issued! Now I can reduce my blood pressure medicine and grow back my finger nails.....

Nice work Ticketmaster. ALL SORTED! Problem, resolved. :) Golden Tickets for Gold Coast, Melbourne and Sydney issued! Now I can reduce my blood pressure medicine and grow back my finger nails.....

😆😆😆
  • Hi all, I just got a confirmation email that I got Golden Circle tickets for Sydney!!! (Email received about 7am on 20 Feb)  But I used my Amex and the transaction is pending. Does anyone know if it's likely to be accepted or if they've fixed the Amex issue?
  • KPLATTKPLATT Posts: 25
    Yaaayyy I got my tickets tooooo, see you all in the mosh!!
  • Isoworld13Isoworld13 Posts: 223
    AMEX issues resolved! Just hit Golden Circle for Gold Coast & Melbourne!
    1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2006 Chicago & Boston (x2)
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2013 Wrigley, Worcerster (x2), Philly, & Hartford
    2014 Memphis, Moline, Denver
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Hampton, Philly, Fenway (x2), Wrigley Monday
    2018 Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2)
    2022 MSG. Nashville
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Got my GC tickets to Melbourne as well!