Options

Ticketmaster now reserving the best seats for themselves

Comments

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,562
    GW2553 said:
    spankyMP said:
    Baltimore.....(had to copy this from another thread because I am too old to figure out how to do it all of a sudden)

It looks like the whole arena is open to 10c.  But there is no way to know if section 102 has 10 seats available, 103 8 seats available and 108 200 seats available.

Very true.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    This is another case of PJ moving to the DMB fan club model...the worst seats in the venue could be assigned to a fan club member.  Similar, DMB stopped GA only requests many years ago, so that they could stick a member with the worst seats in the house.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    dmbolp said:
    This is another case of PJ moving to the DMB fan club model...the worst seats in the venue could be assigned to a fan club member.  Similar, DMB stopped GA only requests many years ago, so that they could stick a member with the worst seats in the house.
    I am all for GA only as an option but at least this time for some shows they are doing a lower bowl/GA combo. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,453
    mpedone said:
    ilockyer said:
    JimmyV said:
    Nobody on this forum knows exactly where or how those tickets are being distributed. 

Every tour people come on here and yell and scream and throw tantrums about Ticketmaster.

And every tour people like me have to come on here and make it clear that no tickets are allocated, distributed, or sold without PJ and their management being a part of it.
    That includes pricing, limits, who gets what where Etc.

And before the flames start I am in no way defending TMs practices.
    Agreed. It's a complicated issue but TM has become a convenient Boogeyman for many artists. 
    It's become a convenient boogeyman for people who don't want to accept their favourite band has made the choice to make more money rather than prioritise the best seats for the fan club that probably give it an income of at least $2 mil a year (I've no idea how many active members there are) solely to get access to said tickets. 

Robert Smith and The Cure proved that the fight can be won against Ticketmaster. Seems very few others want to go into bat as hard for their fans. 
    People have been blaming TM for their various ticketing woes for years without accepting the fact that the artists have complete say in distribution and pricing.
    Pearl Jam and their management choose this pricing structure to maximize PROFIT. They are a for profit business not a non-profit.
    But people just want to complain rather than figure out how to improve their options.

It is a tough pill to swallow for fans of a band that has been so good to its fans for so long. Makes it tough to go to shows and listen to Ed fawn about the Pearl Jam "family" and rail against "the haves". I don't begrudge them making money, but it does make some of the fan interaction feel disingenuous.
    This is all very true.
    It's just that so many "fans" refuse to believe that PJ has anything to with the ticketing process and therefore TM is out to screw them.
    I for one don't like it either but I put the blame where the blame goes.

Last year people lost their shit over Springsteen charging market prices. They blamed TM
    I went to 1 show. Spent $500 to be in the pit and loved it.
    But I didn't go to another show. Past tours maybe 8-10 shows. In the long run I saved money and Bruce lost money on me.
    He didn't lose money on you. Someone else bought the tickets that you passed on and paid several times more than you would have paid on past tours. 
  • Options

All of the best seats in the house are now exempt from the Ten Club, and most likely "PJ Premium". Gross.
    Sad state of affairs to lose EVERY section that is good outside of Pit and E-A.

At least if we select GA/Reserved we can't get dumped upstairs. Silver lining.

Unless I'm in row 1 of floor secs A-E, I won't see a thing due to being so short.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    edited February 15
    Floors seats behind the pit are the worst IMO. I'd rather be on the balcony than seats on the floor, especially back of the floor. Man, I'll actually be mad if I get back of the floor seats, because who the hell would want to buy those from me for $208?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I haven't seen anything that says the PIT is 10c only.  PJ Premium coming for the pit also? 
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,086
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.
    They always do.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    I haven't seen anything that says the PIT is 10c only.  PJ Premium coming for the pit also? 

I may be mistaken but I feel like 10C made a point of highlighting that GA was 10C in the past. That promise seems to be missing this time around.
  • Options
    washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 835
    edited February 15
    PJ_Soul said:
    Floors seats behind the pit are the worst IMO. I'd rather be on the balcony than seats on the floor, especially back of the floor. Man, I'll actually be mad if I get back of the floor seats, because who the hell would want to buy those from me for $208?
    Back of floor was what I used to get back in 2006 with my 308xxx number. NJ was about 3/4 back, MSG was just about all the way. At least the MSG seats in back were slightly elevated then. Since then, I've moved to about center ice, a few rows off the floor at most venues. Have never gotten 10c tix for a NYC show since the lottery was instituted.

I bet someone would snatch up your back of floor seats since MSG is always so tough to get.
    Post edited by washed in black on
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options

I may be mistaken but I feel like 10C made a point of highlighting that GA was 10C in the past. That promise seems to be missing this time around.
    That's what I also thought.  I also see no mention of 10c trying to get the best tickets into the hands of fans just that there are tickets and the seats are run by seniority.  I think the ship is sailing fast and it sucks. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Back of floor was what I used to get back in 2006 with my 308xxx number. NJ was about 3/4 back, MSG was just about all the way. At least the MSG seats in back were slightly elevated then. Since then, I've moved to about center ice, a few rows off the floor at most venues. Have never gotten 10c tix for a NYC show since the lottery was instituted.

I bet someone would snatch up your back of floor seats since MSG is always so tough to get.
    For MSG they would sell no doubt. $208 is the price for Vancouver though I think  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

If I was talking about MSG I wouldn't be talking, LOL. I'd be stoked to get any ticket for MSG!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.
    I get tired of people saying everything is Ticketmaster. The band's management signed off on this. They sign off on 10% of the tickets being sold for "premium" prices to rip off fans at 4-5 times the cost. Why would they sell all those good seats for $185 to the ten club members when they can sell them for $1000 to stupid desperate people who log on and find that's all that's left when they get through the queue? It's a scam. The band AND ticketmaster are in on it. The band is making more money, too.
    Don't believe me? The Cure toured without premium seats, and everything was affordable with their top ticket prices being around $130, lawn $25, t shirts were $25. And somehow they did this for every show on a huge tour all last summer. It was probably hard but it can be done, but management (I'm guessing) doesn't want to do it. Weak.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.
    I get tired of people saying everything is Ticketmaster. The band's management signed off on this. They sign off on 10% of the tickets being sold for "premium" prices to rip off fans at 4-5 times the cost. Why would they sell all those good seats for $185 to the ten club members when they can sell them for $1000 to stupid desperate people who log on and find that's all that's left when they get through the queue? It's a scam. The band AND ticketmaster are in on it. The band is making more money, too.
    Don't believe me? The Cure toured without premium seats, and everything was affordable with their top ticket prices being around $130, lawn $25, t shirts were $25. And somehow they did this for every show on a huge tour all last summer. It was probably hard but it can be done, but management (I'm guessing) doesn't want to do it. Weak.

That is exactly my point, though. Pearl Jam fought Ticketmaster, and Ticketmaster has won. Whether it's the actual band members making these decisions or they've turfed it off to management with tacit approval, the fight is over (probably has been for some time).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    edited February 15
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.
    Mostly true but the Cure charged up to $400 for front row seats at some venues. To use that model PJ would have to get rid of the pit. 10c members would go ballistic if they ever did that. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,507
    spankyMP said:
    Baltimore.....(had to copy this from another thread because I am too old to figure out how to do it all of a sudden)

I had front row in section 103 with my ten club seats in 2013.  Great seats.  I had seats in section 216 last April for Springsteen and they were still pretty decent seats. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SHZA said:
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.
    Mostly true but the Cure charged up to $400 for front row seats at some venues. To use that model PJ would have to get rid of the pit. 10c members would go ballistic if they ever did that. 
    PJ Premium tickets in the pit mixed in with 10c tickets.  I bet we see it. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.

If someone is willing to pay $400 for a ticket on Stubhub shouldn't the band see a piece of that? That is why the band has signed off on higher prices and premium seating. Why should Stubhub make millions off the band? It is tough for an artist to say no when someone is getting rich off their music. Name one other major headlining band band besides the Cure that has not jumped on this bandwagon. It sucks for the fans, yes, because technology has allowed TM to determine the market price for every seat.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree.  I'm 6'2, and even at my height. If it's a fully seated floor, once you get past 20 rows, it starts getting harder and harder to see.  I remember I had row 24 at one of the Seattle '09 shows, the girl in front of me had endless arm strength.   She kept 'em upright like football goal post the whole show :)

Generally my favourite places to be are first 15 to 20 rows on the floor, side stage, then first section in.   I'd rather be a elevate and at the back, rather than floor at the back.   It's baffled me that people will buy row 70 at stadium shows.

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,990
    A curious question, why does the US have floor seating at shows? Seems such a terrible choice unless you get them in the first blocks.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    BF25394 said:

All of the best seats in the house are now exempt from the Ten Club, and most likely "PJ Premium". Gross.
    "All of" the best seats in the house? I'd rather be in Section C than Section 107.

For that matter, I'd rather be in the front of 211 than in 107.
    Never been to the Forum, huh?
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.
    No GA from 2001ish through 2010ish.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,080
    At the LA Forum, the floor seats are elevated a bit and you can see over the GA Pit. This probably won't be the case for other arena shows on the tour. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,307
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.

That is exactly my point, though. Pearl Jam fought Ticketmaster, and Ticketmaster has won. Whether it's the actual band members making these decisions or they've turfed it off to management with tacit approval, the fight is over (probably has been for some time).
    Probably one of the reasons Kelly Curtis "retired".  It was probably too hard seeing the fans not being prioritized.
  • Options
    edited February 16
    tino_11 said:
    A curious question, why does the US have floor seating at shows? Seems such a terrible choice unless you get them in the first blocks.

It's a choice that Pearl Jam made years ago. I used to know why... something to do with security maybe? Like, North Americans are unruly douchebags and make it more dangerous? Or was it because of the aging base? I don't get it though, because tons of shows have entire GA floors here, and it always goes off without a hitch, and way way more tickets get sold that way. That said, plenty of other acts choose floor seating too. I know Tool went that way because of American idiots. Apparently Europeans handle it better. There definitely is some entitled assholery going on in the PJ GA pits here, and that's with 10C-only GA tix. But it's not a dangerous situation, just an annoying one.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,363
    GW2553 said:
    spankyMP said:

It looks like the whole arena is open to 10c.  But there is no way to know if section 102 has 10 seats available, 103 8 seats available and 108 200 seats available.

That is pretty cool to see that 10club secured that many seats of this venue.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    mr bungle said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.

Probably one of the reasons Kelly Curtis "retired".  It was probably too hard seeing the fans not being prioritized.

Ticketmaster did not win. They came up with a business plan that takes money away from Stubhub and puts it in the artist's pocket. The band said yes to that plan. Truthfully they could charge much more and still sell out most arenas. I think the band took a medium path capturing some of that revenue but not totally gouging the fans.

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,743
    SHZA said:
    PJ_Soul said:

For MSG they would sell no doubt. $208 is the price for Vancouver though I think  
    That's $208 Canadian; when I submitted for this yesterday, it was equivalent to $155 U.S.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,307
    Get_Right said:
    mr bungle said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    Ticketmaster has won.

Ticketmaster did not win. They came up with a business plan that takes money away from Stubhub and puts it in the artist's pocket. The band said yes to that plan. Truthfully they could charge much more and still sell out most arenas. I think the band took a medium path capturing some of that revenue but not totally gouging the fans.

Agreed. I think KC didn't want to be part of the new stategy that didn't proritize the loyal fans.