Options

Ticketmaster now reserving the best seats for themselves

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    PJNB said:
    It was a really good run for 30 years.  Now, in exchange for more fan club tickets, the band is letting some of the best seats go to non-10c fans while still maintain the floor for fan club (and thus the best seats in the house).  

I don't see much to gripe about here.  Many, many of you wouldn't have had the 6 sections closest to the stage anyway.  And for those that would, we had it really great for 30 years. 
    There’s two sets of fans, those in the Phil, NY corridor (Fenway solves Bos demand) and everyone else. For all the problems we have here getting tickets, and how easy it’s been for others to get tickets the last two tours in other regions, looking at the NY seating map, unfortunately there’s a lot to gripe about. Those eight sections push everyone farther back, and it looks like fewer ten c tix than last time.
    It is unfortunate with the elimination of the best seats in the house for MSG. That does not mean there are less seats available though. For all we know 10C received more seats this go around compared to previous years. Seat maps give no indication on how many seats are available for each section. 

It “seemed” like last time the garden was almost all ten c front of stage, based on the comments at the time, but that is completely subjective. All I can offer now is that seating chart is daunting compared to other cities and how difficult tickets usually are in ny.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    It was a really good run for 30 years.  Now, in exchange for more fan club tickets, the band is letting some of the best seats go to non-10c fans while still maintain the floor for fan club (and thus the best seats in the house).  

I don't see much to gripe about here.  Many, many of you wouldn't have had the 6 sections closest to the stage anyway.  And for those that would, we had it really great for 30 years. 
    There’s two sets of fans, those in the Phil, NY corridor (Fenway solves Bos demand) and everyone else. For all the problems we have here getting tickets, and how easy it’s been for others to get tickets the last two tours in other regions, looking at the NY seating map, unfortunately there’s a lot to gripe about. Those eight sections push everyone farther back, and it looks like fewer ten c tix than last time.
    It is unfortunate with the elimination of the best seats in the house for MSG. That does not mean there are less seats available though. For all we know 10C received more seats this go around compared to previous years. Seat maps give no indication on how many seats are available for each section. 
    So far I’m 6/6 on ticket requests in the premium tickets era… I can’t complain about that. Yeah, I’m further back from the stage than I was 8 years ago, but I’ll take further away over not in the building at all. 

Let’s see how my Fenway request turns out. 

Wow, does that six for six include nyc? Can you please share your lotto numbers for Wednesday?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,580
    PJNB said:

So far I’m 6/6 on ticket requests in the premium tickets era… I can’t complain about that. Yeah, I’m further back from the stage than I was 8 years ago, but I’ll take further away over not in the building at all. 

Wow, does that six for six include nyc? Can you please share your lotto numbers for Wednesday?
    It sucks you live in the highest demand market. 

Good luck in the lottery. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,099
    edited February 18
    PJNB said:

It sucks you live in the highest demand market. 

Good luck in the lottery. 
    I wouldn't say "sucks". Living in NYC is pretty cool overall ;)

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    pjl44 said:
    A lot of things have changed in the last 25 years. Costs and technology probably make planning and negotiating trickier. It would be way easier for them to just send everyone a presale code and say good luck. There are bumps but I can't imagine trying to get decent Pearl Jam tickets if they approached sales like most other bands.

Yes, costs have gone up, but technology has made it easier for TM to monitor and control the release and selling price of every ticket. They use an algorithm to set premium prices, and you can see that when you look at the pricing. Move a few rows closer to the stage, or a closer section and the prices are higher.
    Right but the ease of which anyone can do that similarly on other platforms creates a problem at scale. It's either do this or piss money away.

They do not have anywhere near inventory that TM does, and TM has already scaled the business model to include every seat under their control. That includes the majority of the seats at any venue.
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 738
    edited February 18
    spankyMP said:
    kosteva2 said:
    BF25394 said:
    It's always Dolan's fault. We should count our blessings that JD and the Straight Shot aren't the openers for the tour.

Seating chart is a bit of a joke. It’s because there are so many club seats now at the garden as compared to four years ago, but still it’s absurd for them to be in love with that damn arena. So many other options here in NY yet the band insists on rewarding Knick and rags fans.

One would have hoped SOMEONE in the band would look at that seating chart and say fix it or we are going to Belmont, Brooklyn, or NJ.
    They’re obviously going to be sold as premium tickets.  They (MSG, Ticketmaster, Pearl Jam) can get way more than the $185/ they’d get from selling as a 10C seat.  When they played MSG in Sept 2022 secondary market get in prices I think were running $300-500 upper level, $800-1000 lower.  Can’t fault them for taking advantage of the market.  For those that hit in lottery for MSG $185/ for a floor/lower level seat is a steal.

Hard to turn down MSG.  Great sound.  Energy there in the arena unmatched anywhere else.  Whole different level than Barclays or whatever they’re calling the arena in Newark these days.  It’s always a premium ticket for bands that like to play there (Pearl Jam, Phish, etc).
    PJ told us in the tour announcement that up to 10% will be premium priced. Those sections look like more than 10% but I agree it will likely be a factor. They had premium last time and I recall ten club had some of those sections.

10% may be platinum. 10% maybe vitalogy foundation. 20-30% may be club/season ticket holder/corporate accounts etc. 30-40% may be 10C. 10-30% may be public onsale?
    I've heard its as low as 10% left by the time it goes to public sale. Thats the reality of ticket sales to any event from my understanding. 
  • Options
    mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    I'd like to see them go to a tiered pricing model based on lottery with seniority and get rid of PJ Premium.  they can still make the money they need and fans still get best tickets.  Make the first few side sections and GA $250.  Next few sections and floor directly behind GA $225.  Then $200 for rear lower or side stage upper....down to $100 for upper rear. 
    You can put in for any price level.  Only want to pay $175 and have a 45xxx number?  Cool, if chosen in lottery you will get the best seats in the $175 section.  Have a 500xxx number and want the $250 seats? Sorry, you didn't win those because they filled up with higher seniority people. but you got seats in the $225 section.  etc.  
    I have to travel to all these shows and have a sub 200 number so historically have had good seats. Last tour were the worst seats I've ever had due to PJ Premium.  I really don't want to travel with less than desirable seats. In the system I propose, I'd at least have a choice to only put in for $250 seats. Likely would win less lotteries and definitely pay more for tickets, but at least don't have to worry about getting seats I don't desire which is what I now come to expect. 
    Fan 2 Fan resale combined with no GA only option is also a huge problem. I imagine there are a lot of GA or bust people who have no problem putting in for every show knowing they can resell them at virtually no cost or risk via F2F.  This in turn hurts everyone with a higher number than them.  Either have a GA only option or get rid of F2F.  Personally, I'd be fine with zero ability to resell tickets.  (sure, there is always a loophole to be exposed such as giving someone your account credentials, but by in large, there would be no reselling of tickets.  and yes, life happens and suddenly you can't make a show or resell but that's part of life happening) At least the people would truly only purchase tickets for shows they absolutely plan to attend.  
  • Options
    mcatake said:
    I'd like to see them go to a tiered pricing model based on lottery with seniority and get rid of PJ Premium.  they can still make the money they need and fans still get best tickets.  Make the first few side sections and GA $250.  Next few sections and floor directly behind GA $225.  Then $200 for rear lower or side stage upper....down to $100 for upper rear. 
    You can put in for any price level.  Only want to pay $175 and have a 45xxx number?  Cool, if chosen in lottery you will get the best seats in the $175 section.  Have a 500xxx number and want the $250 seats? Sorry, you didn't win those because they filled up with higher seniority people. but you got seats in the $225 section.  etc.  
    I have to travel to all these shows and have a sub 200 number so historically have had good seats. Last tour were the worst seats I've ever had due to PJ Premium.  I really don't want to travel with less than desirable seats. In the system I propose, I'd at least have a choice to only put in for $250 seats. Likely would win less lotteries and definitely pay more for tickets, but at least don't have to worry about getting seats I don't desire which is what I now come to expect. 
    Fan 2 Fan resale combined with no GA only option is also a huge problem. I imagine there are a lot of GA or bust people who have no problem putting in for every show knowing they can resell them at virtually no cost or risk via F2F.  This in turn hurts everyone with a higher number than them.  Either have a GA only option or get rid of F2F.  Personally, I'd be fine with zero ability to resell tickets.  (sure, there is always a loophole to be exposed such as giving someone your account credentials, but by in large, there would be no reselling of tickets.  and yes, life happens and suddenly you can't make a show or resell but that's part of life happening) At least the people would truly only purchase tickets for shows they absolutely plan to attend.  
    Not saying tiered pricing is a bad idea. But the amount of complaining over people having to pay more would be ridiculous. Look at the complaining now over current pricing. 

But I agree. F2F has made it so there are no penalty or repurcussions for going for EVERY show. I guarantee that has made it harder for the smaller high demand shows. And yes, there is a loophole for transferring tix. 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 738
    edited February 18
    PJNB said:

I went 5/5 last tour. Only went to three though. Transferred one and sold via f2 fan for two of them (Chicago). 

Because of F2F and resale in CHI and NY, I'm going for MSG just because. I know the odds, and don't expect to win. But with no risk, I will figure it out if I get selected
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Options
    What the f happened PJ?

"Hunger Strike" was the last song recorded for the album; Chris Cornell wrote it because they had only nine tracks and he has a compulsive distaste for odd numbers. Describing the song in the Pearl Jam Twentycollection, he said, "I was wanting to express the gratitude for my life but also disdain for people where that's not enough, where they want more. There's no way to really have a whole lot more than you need usually without taking from somebody else that can't really afford to give it to you. It's sort of about taking advantage of a person or people who really don't have anything."
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,265
    spankyMP said:
    kosteva2 said:
    BF25394 said:
    It's always Dolan's fault. We should count our blessings that JD and the Straight Shot aren't the openers for the tour.

Seating chart is a bit of a joke. It’s because there are so many club seats now at the garden as compared to four years ago, but still it’s absurd for them to be in love with that damn arena. So many other options here in NY yet the band insists on rewarding Knick and rags fans.

One would have hoped SOMEONE in the band would look at that seating chart and say fix it or we are going to Belmont, Brooklyn, or NJ.
    They’re obviously going to be sold as premium tickets.  They (MSG, Ticketmaster, Pearl Jam) can get way more than the $185/ they’d get from selling as a 10C seat.  When they played MSG in Sept 2022 secondary market get in prices I think were running $300-500 upper level, $800-1000 lower.  Can’t fault them for taking advantage of the market.  For those that hit in lottery for MSG $185/ for a floor/lower level seat is a steal.

Hard to turn down MSG.  Great sound.  Energy there in the arena unmatched anywhere else.  Whole different level than Barclays or whatever they’re calling the arena in Newark these days.  It’s always a premium ticket for bands that like to play there (Pearl Jam, Phish, etc).
    PJ told us in the tour announcement that up to 10% will be premium priced. Those sections look like more than 10% but I agree it will likely be a factor. They had premium last time and I recall ten club had some of those sections.

10% may be platinum. 10% maybe vitalogy foundation. 20-30% may be club/season ticket holder/corporate accounts etc. 30-40% may be 10C. 10-30% may be public onsale?
    I've heard its as low as 10% left by the time it goes to public sale. Thats the reality of ticket sales to any event from my understanding. 
    Works for me, it that means more 10C tickets LOL
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,265
    mcatake said:
    Not saying tiered pricing is a bad idea. But the amount of complaining over people having to pay more would be ridiculous. Look at the complaining now over current pricing. 

But I agree. F2F has made it so there are no penalty or repurcussions for going for EVERY show. I guarantee that has made it harder for the smaller high demand shows. And yes, there is a loophole for transferring tix. 
    Tiered pricing would work, but yes it would lead to people complaining for different reasons. "I want GA, but not for $250" etc... There is no winning, this will be a subject of complaints forever.

I agree on the impact of premium on 10C seats. I am 198xxx and started getting used to side stage (first couple of sections from stage) or front few rows behind the pit if I wasn't able to get GA. I won lotteries in 2016 and 2020 for eventually cancelled shows, so can't remember where my seats were. In Austin last year, my seats were not as good compared to what I was accustomed to. Sec 117 front row/aisle seats, but all the way back in line with the back of the floor one night and about 15 rows deep in sec 108 the next night. Got lucky with a GA for night 1 through fan to fan and was able to upgrade my friends to my 10c seats.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    They can't get two tiers right. Multiple tiers would lead to more mistakes, confusion, and frustration.  Other than MSG, I always seem to do OK with the 10C. I had 19th row for the last Camden show. Pick smart!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571

All of the best seats in the house are now exempt from the Ten Club, and most likely "PJ Premium". Gross.
    Gross indeed
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,562
    SOLAT319 said:

All of the best seats in the house are now exempt from the Ten Club, and most likely "PJ Premium". Gross.
    Gross indeed
    You will really see gross when the people who buy those tickets in the gray area turn around and sell them for multiple times what they paid for them.  
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    I predict in the next 5 years some artist and TM use the revenue maximizing algorithm of fans put in the maximum price they are willing to pay and then TM simply matches the highest bids with the best tickets. If you have bought sports tickets to a popular team in the last few years, you will notice the dynamic pricing based on visiting team, day of week, etc sets the price at the exact amount the team knows will sell out while still maximizing revenue.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    I predict in the next 5 years some artist and TM use the revenue maximizing algorithm of fans put in the maximum price they are willing to pay and then TM simply matches the highest bids with the best tickets. If you have bought sports tickets to a popular team in the last few years, you will notice the dynamic pricing based on visiting team, day of week, etc sets the price at the exact amount the team knows will sell out while still maximizing revenue.
    At least sports teams have tv revenue, music artists do not. A partial defense of the music industry ends there. Charging the same to sit in the clouds as to sip wine with the band is what’s absurd.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:

This is already happening without fan bidding.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    Since everything is digital in the ticket world these days, one feature that TM could add (but won't, obviously) for the fanclub would be "upgrade me if available" option. If a fanclub member puts their tickets on F2F and they are better than your seats, TM just swaps a 10C member into the new seats and puts the old ones up on F2F. Or they could do a fanclub waiting list a show and you get assigned tickets when someone puts some on F2F.

There has to be something better and automated compared to us unemployed people with lots of time just F5ing until we get better seats.