Options

Ticketmaster now reserving the best seats for themselves

edited February 14 in The Porch

All of the best seats in the house are now exempt from the Ten Club, and most likely "PJ Premium". Gross.
Post edited by Wellwater Conspiracy on

Comments

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    Maybe they get pushback because many people complain that all the good tickets are gone in pre-sales, etc before they even can get a chance to buy. Why does everyone need to pay to join a fan club to access good tickets? I get that it's different now than it was, but both sides need to negotiate something beneficial for each side. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,499
    Nothing surprising 
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    Maybe they get pushback because many people complain that all the good tickets are gone in pre-sales, etc before they even can get a chance to buy. Why does everyone need to pay to join a fan club to access good tickets? I get that it's different now than it was, but both sides need to negotiate something beneficial for each side. 
    They got pushback that there weren't enough tickets, so they removed all of the best tickets and added slightly more of the worst tickets? I don't think that's it.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    It looks like in this example they took the lower level sides away from 10Club to go into general sale,  and added a bunch of upper level sections to 10 club allotment.  This lets the general sale have good tickets available,  but also likely lets tm add their variable pricing to those sections.  Definitely harder for them to do that in LA for upper level. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Ticketmaster has won.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,743
    edited February 14

All of the best seats in the house are now exempt from the Ten Club, and most likely "PJ Premium". Gross.
    "All of" the best seats in the house? I'd rather be in Section C than Section 107.

For that matter, I'd rather be in the front of 211 than in 107.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    Nobody on this forum knows exactly where or how those tickets are being distributed. 

Every tour people come on here and yell and scream and throw tantrums about Ticketmaster.

And every tour people like me have to come on here and make it clear that no tickets are allocated, distributed, or sold without PJ and their management being a part of it.
    That includes pricing, limits, who gets what where Etc.

And before the flames start I am in no way defending TMs practices.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    Nobody on this forum knows exactly where or how those tickets are being distributed. 

Every tour people come on here and yell and scream and throw tantrums about Ticketmaster.

And every tour people like me have to come on here and make it clear that no tickets are allocated, distributed, or sold without PJ and their management being a part of it.

Agreed. It's a complicated issue but TM has become a convenient Boogeyman for many artists. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608
    edited February 14
    hihobibo said:
    They got pushback that there weren't enough tickets, so they removed all of the best tickets and added slightly more of the worst tickets? I don't think that's it.
    I think this was part of it.  I think the Ten Club wanted more tickets for fan club members, and to do that they had to let the promoter/Ticketmaster have more of the primo seats. Maybe not the whole reason, but a big reason.

For those that are upset, well, if you think you are better off trying to get tickets to MSG, Seattle or Philly without the fan club then sit this one out.  I'm thankful for what we can get and it is still pretty darn good.  I'm guessing people aren't going to sit out because they know it will be easier to get into the building via fan club that a Ticketmaster public on sale.  Plus, the GA pit is still fan club, so we are talking about a few sections of seats going to the rich.  Boo hoo.

Times change. I'm much more upset about the trucker hats being replaced by a fedora. Ha.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,265
    Many platinum tickets will sit and drop down to standard price prior to the show. Look at the Baltimore seating chart, it is a venue to venue thing. Locking up 10c tickets is probably pricey for the band, so MSG/LA and the like are understandably less 10C reserved.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Didn't they tell us last year that 10% of tickets are going towards Ticketmaster Platinums?  eye-balling it, I'd say those removed Lower sections are about 10% of the used venue
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    dmbolp said:
    Didn't they tell us last year that 10% of tickets are going towards Ticketmaster Platinums?  eye-balling it, I'd say those removed Lower sections are about 10% of the used venue

they did, but I think we kind of hoped that 10% was scattered throughout the arena, not a big chunk of the best tickets in the closer sections :(
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,223
    Well, I guess everybody should cancel their 10 Club memberships then.  Or move on.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,322
    edited February 15

Haha, this is a good illustration of the evolution of the Tenclub membership
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    Well, I guess everybody should cancel their 10 Club memberships then.  Or move on.
    Better to comment about it
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    Membership terminated. Good riddance 10C! 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    Zod said:
    dmbolp said:

they did, but I think we kind of hoped that 10% was scattered throughout the arena, not a big chunk of the best tickets in the closer sections :(
    I think it was for the 2022 rescheduled shows, but that led to a lot of kinda crappy seats being sold as "premium". If they're going to subsidize us by hocking "premium" seats at outrageous prices, at least make them good seats. Of course, I say this as someone with no shot at those seats anyway. YMMV
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,316

Sad state of affairs to lose EVERY section that is good outside of Pit and E-A.

At least if we select GA/Reserved we can't get dumped upstairs. Silver lining.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    Zod said:
    dmbolp said:

Premium will definitely be in the blue and orange areas as well for MSG.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    edited February 15
    JimmyV said:

Agreed. It's a complicated issue but TM has become a convenient Boogeyman for many artists. 
    It's become a convenient boogeyman for people who don't want to accept their favourite band has made the choice to make more money rather than prioritise the best seats for the fan club that probably give it an income of at least $2 mil a year (I've no idea how many active members there are) solely to get access to said tickets. 

Robert Smith and The Cure proved that the fight can be won against Ticketmaster. Seems very few others want to go into bat as hard for their fans. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    For MSG, 10C gets the GA Pit and more tickets, just not in the best locations. That was the trade off. I will be very surprised if anyone gets good lower bowl tickets through any of the public sales, including verified fan. When was the last time someone you knew got good seats through a public sale? The first section next to the stage has historically been friends, family and VIPs. The rest will go at PJ Premium market prices. Probably starting around $1800, maybe more. This is about maximizing revenue for seats that have the highest demand in the country.
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    JimmyV said:

It's become a convenient boogeyman for people who don't want to accept their favourite band has made the choice to make more money rather than prioritise the best seats for the fan club that probably give it an income of at least $2 mil a year (I've no idea how many active members there are) solely to get access to said tickets. 

Robert Smith and The Cure proved that the fight can be won against Ticketmaster. Seems very few others want to go into bat as hard for their fans. 
    People have been blaming TM for their various ticketing woes for years without accepting the fact that the artists have complete say in distribution and pricing.
    Pearl Jam and their management choose this pricing structure to maximize PROFIT. They are a for profit business not a non-profit.
    But people just want to complain rather than figure out how to improve their options.

• Options
    edited February 15
    Get_Right said:
    For MSG, 10C gets the GA Pit and more tickets, just not in the best locations. That was the trade off. I will be very surprised if anyone gets good lower bowl tickets through any of the public sales, including verified fan. When was the last time someone you knew got good seats through a public sale? The first section next to the stage has historically been friends, family and VIPs. The rest will go at PJ Premium market prices. Probably starting around $1800, maybe more. This is about maximizing revenue for seats that have the highest demand in the country.
    Agreed. They went quantity over quality in MSG/LA to get more of us in the building without being gouged. Baltimore's seating chart looks to be 80% 10C.
    Post edited by spankyMP on
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    It's just crazy looking at that map that 10c seats can now be some of the absolute worst in the house --and you don't have the choice to pick which section or row for those nosebleeds.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    It's just crazy looking at that map that 10c seats can now be some of the absolute worst in the house --and you don't have the choice to pick which section or row for those nosebleeds.

200s can be ok if you are not more than 15 rows up.
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    JimmyV said:

People have been blaming TM for their various ticketing woes for years without accepting the fact that the artists have complete say in distribution and pricing.
    Pearl Jam and their management choose this pricing structure to maximize PROFIT. They are a for profit business not a non-profit.
    But people just want to complain rather than figure out how to improve their options.

It is a tough pill to swallow for fans of a band that has been so good to its fans for so long. Makes it tough to go to shows and listen to Ed fawn about the Pearl Jam "family" and rail against "the haves". I don't begrudge them making money, but it does make some of the fan interaction feel disingenuous.

• Options
    Baltimore.....(had to copy this from another thread because I am too old to figure out how to do it all of a sudden)

• Options
    mpedone said:
    ilockyer said:
    JimmyV said:

It is a tough pill to swallow for fans of a band that has been so good to its fans for so long. Makes it tough to go to shows and listen to Ed fawn about the Pearl Jam "family" and rail against "the haves". I don't begrudge them making money, but it does make some of the fan interaction feel disingenuous.
    This is all very true.
    It's just that so many "fans" refuse to believe that PJ has anything to with the ticketing process and therefore TM is out to screw them.
    I for one don't like it either but I put the blame where the blame goes.

Last year people lost their shit over Springsteen charging market prices. They blamed TM
    I went to 1 show. Spent $500 to be in the pit and loved it.
    But I didn't go to another show. Past tours maybe 8-10 shows. In the long run I saved money and Bruce lost money on me.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    The last several shows I've gone to my tickets have been equivalent to about section 126, row 5 or 6. Was pretty happy. Curious what my number would get me this time, as those sections aren't even an option.
  • Options
    GW2553GW2553 AMORICA Posts: 60
    spankyMP said:
    Baltimore.....(had to copy this from another thread because I am too old to figure out how to do it all of a sudden)

It looks like the whole arena is open to 10c.  But there is no way to know if section 102 has 10 seats available, 103 8 seats available and 108 200 seats available.