Shipping prices New album

123457»

Comments

• AA295481AA295481 Posts: 108
    Zod said:
    I’m glad they fixed the shipping but $46 for a single record is fucking expensive. 
    Most double LPs at my local record shop are selling for $35-40 nowadays. It’s greatly reduced my vinyl purchasing as of late.
    So glad, I've filled in most of my collection over the last 14 years.   Not sure I could build it at today's prices.  Now it's generally fill in the odd gap I never got around to, the odd reissue of something that hadn't been reissued yet, the odd new release from a favourite band, and usually some RSD stuff.  I've really slowed down on the record buying.  Still waiting on Tool to reissue or even issue a few of their titles :)
    I agree, I have bought most of mine in the last 4 years. Now, I might buy 1 or 2 a year.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    PJlive said:
    This killed the momentum this morning. Sucks, that a simple mistake could do this, but it did. The data shows 12:01am to 3am 36k impressions on Dark Matter across Social platforms... From 4am to 10am 16k impressions.... That is not how you want any of this to go.
    One of those windows was 9 p.m. to midnight for people in the Pacific Time Zone; the other was the middle of the night for everyone except 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Eastern Time Zone, when people are waking up and getting ready for work, not fully engaging with social platforms. Plus, demand was front-loaded because thousands of people were sitting waiting for this at midnight EST/9 p.m. PST and reacting immediately. I don't think the numbers you cite reflect what you think they do.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    Bissy77 said:
    I don't understand why each item needs to ship individually, especially with the shipping prices listed?

EACH ITEM WILL SHIP SEPARATELY AND THEREFORE BILLED INDIVIDUALLY FOR EACH ITEM
    It’s probably easier to have everything boxed up individually to lower the chances of missing items. Just slap a label and send. 
    Not good at all considering their stand on saving the planet and of course ticket master over the years 
    Vinyl records are not exactly a good medium for the environment without regard to shipping. But the margins are right for artists who don't make much money from physical sales anymore.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I was charged Tax twice, tax and IL tax

Shipping now was 13 bucks, yesterday 20 plus, I just emailed them we will see.
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 108
    edited February 14
    I was charged $13,my order came to $63, I went with the 10C edition. More than I wanted to spend, but unless they release a mass printing of Lost Dogs on Vinyl, I really don't plan on buying any more albums this year, I got most of my records I wanted  up until 2022, There's not really anymore I want 
    Post edited by AA295481 on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168
    I’m glad they fixed the shipping but $46 for a single record is fucking expensive. 
    Vinyl is getting expensive but very surprised on this release. The 2LP Gigaton is selling at the 10club store for $34.99 while the 1LP Dark Matter black vinyl edition is $39.98? I wonder how much a 2LP Dark Matter vinyl would of costed.

• tylerjtylerj Posts: 299
    demetrios said:
    Vinyl is getting expensive but very surprised on this release. The 2LP Gigaton is selling at the 10club store for $34.99 while the 1LP Dark Matter black vinyl edition is $39.98? I wonder how much a 2LP Dark Matter vinyl would of costed.

You're not wrong to think the Dark Matter vinyl price is high. Earthling was $45 MSRP and was a decent packaging but the audio fidelity and packaging was not worth the $45 price. Vinyl has increased to crazy price levels, but in most cases I'm only shelling out $45 - 60 for an album if its AAA or audiophile quality. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

tylerj said:
    demetrios said:

You're not wrong to think the Dark Matter vinyl price is high. Earthling was $45 MSRP and was a decent packaging but the audio fidelity and packaging was not worth the $45 price. Vinyl has increased to crazy price levels, but in most cases I'm only shelling out $45 - 60 for an album if its AAA or audiophile quality. 
    Was it $45? The Ukraine color variant at the 10club store is $35 right now. 

With the 10club exclusive selling at $45.99, I wonder what the RSD vinyl will be selling at. And it being RSD, many local record stores increase their prices. Would suck if they sell the Dark Matter RSD vinyl edition in Canada for $70+ bucks. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Email shipping and they will fix it.  Tax was itemized twice but not charged twice.  They did refund the shipping differences to me no problem.  THANKS TC
  • erebuserebus Posts: 566
    Does anyone know if you have to contact 10 club for the shipping refund, or are they doing it automatically?
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
    erebus said:
    Does anyone know if you have to contact 10 club for the shipping refund, or are they doing it automatically?

Not sure but I would contact 10club for the shipping refund. 
    edited February 15
    Someone already received their 7" single already. :o