Dark Matter on Amazon and Apple Music

167891012»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,937
    Pearl Jam "Old & New" Vinyl Collection: Ten / Vs. / Vitalogy / No Code / Yield / Dark Matter https://a.co/d/c9AcYhX

Dark Matter RSD on Amazon USA on sale for $43.49

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,704
    I know we're not supposed to care about this stuff and the band doesn't. And technically they didn't release a music video. But surprised Dark Matter wasn't nominated for a VMA
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    I know we're not supposed to care about this stuff and the band doesn't. And technically they didn't release a music video. But surprised Dark Matter wasn't nominated for a VMA

Would be cool but VMA has sucked for the last 2 decades. The amount of eyes burning & ears bleeding from watching a MTV VMA event, is ALOT!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,280
    igotid88 said:
    Why are you surprised? Pearl Jam is not relevant to the VMA audience. I'm the rare Pearl Jam fan who still pays attention to contemporary pop music, and even I find that show pretty much unwatchable.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Why are you surprised? Pearl Jam is not relevant to the VMA audience. I'm the rare Pearl Jam fan who still pays attention to contemporary pop music, and even I find that show pretty much unwatchable.
    I doubt Bon Jovi is at this point. And I like them 
    I miss igotid88
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Did Bon Jovi release a music video in the last year? Because PJ didn’t, hence they weren’t nominated for a VIDEO music award. Relevance to the audience is not relevant to the point here: you only get video awards if you make videos.
    kmcmanus said:
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Did Bon Jovi release a music video in the last year? Because PJ didn’t, hence they weren’t nominated for a VIDEO music award. Relevance to the audience is not relevant to the point here: you only get video awards if you make videos.
    I already made that point. But they also didn't get one for DOTC or SBWM in 2020. 
    I miss igotid88
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,280
    edited August 13
    kmcmanus said:
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Yes, Bon Jovi did release a music video in the last year, from their album that was released a few months ago (and also peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard 200, like Dark Matter).

Relevance to the audience is a very important part of the choices made in connection to this television show, but there are also business concerns that play a part. I suspect that Universal (which owns Island), either because they want to emphasize to the artist that they're a priority or because the artist demanded it, probably applied some pressure or employed some persuasion to get Bon Jovi to be considered. Pearl Jam doesn't care about any of this and wouldn't have pushed for it, and I'm sure their reps at Universal are aware of this. And, as already noted, they didn't release any videos anyway. 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    Also they want the artists to show up. Showing up guarantees you a win
    I miss igotid88
    54k views in 1 day? We can do better than that 

https://youtu.be/hUmJfxinKHM?si=n2QKXzMg8NwuMOpL
    I miss igotid88
    #60 on ITunes Album Chart
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    #60 on ITunes Album Chart

I miss igotid88
    ^ Waiting For Stevie on the radio, is the best!