New Album "Dark Matter" Out April 19, 2024

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    rett1448rett1448 Posts: 32

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    mr bungle said:
    Are we doing prop bets for the Stern interview?

Like, Does Howard ask about Jeff's hats?  Where did the name "Stone" come from?  How many drummers have their been?  Etc.
     I Never thought about the "Stone" thing.  Is that his given name? or a nickname he fell into at an early age?  
    Pretty sure his given name is Stone Carpenter Gossard, and his nickname is (or was) Gossman.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,275
    Got it today, deluxe CD. Very nice booklet!! Will be playing on a loop for me today B)
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    edited April 21
    I returned home from the London immersive experience to a nice surprise: The Deluxe CD had landed on my doorstep :clap:

I'm not an art critic, but after attending the listening party, the screening and the immersive experience, here is my review: Dark Matter is a straightforward masterpiece! A flawless album from beginning to end :star: It can win the listener with much less spins than some other albums in their catalogue. :rock_on:
    1. Scared of Fear - I was pretty sure I was hearing a break (the first shot of a pool game) at the beginning :wink: As a song, it is still growing on me.
    2. React, Respond - It has definitely won me by now, especially lyrically. I hear elements of The Dark from Earthling. Also, Jeff's bass sounds like Tim Commerford.
    3. Wreckage - An earworm :whistle:
    4. Dark Matter - A great song that needs to be heard loud to appreciate it.
    5. Won't Tell - My instant favourite. What a creative way to share a dream :innocent: The mental imagery is reminiscent of Uncle Neil. I get some Cure vibes towards the end.
    6. Upper Hand - A roller coaster of a song!
    7. Waiting for Stevie - Another song full of EV's wit and wisdom. The beginning reminds me of Starsailor's Good Souls. The rest of the song can be rhythmically associated with Breath, 1/2 Full, Alive.
    8. Running - Feel good Big Wave vibes all over the place :triumph:
    9. Something Special - Beautiful track :heart: A marriage between FF's Big Me and Red Wanting Blue's You Are My Las Vegas.
    10. Got to Give - Somehow it reminds me of that Greek song :smiley: In all seriousness though, this could be PJ's counterpart to David Bowie's Heroes.
    11. Setting Sun - A sequel to River Cross with a touch of Indifference.
    Dark Matter sounds more like a follow-up to Earthling than Gigaton :peace:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    FrumpyFrumpy Posts: 10
    edited April 20
    decent enough album, wont really know until a few more months. combination of the last 4 albums for mine.
    Post edited by Frumpy on
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,298
    Pap said:

I agree, but that is not a good thing.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    It was a big day indeed:

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Pap said:

I agree, but that is not a good thing.
    YARN  I respectfully disagree  Friends 1994 - S09E17 The One With the  Memorial Service  Video gifs by quotes  ed14377f
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    I like how the album begins and finishes with the concept of the setting sun: Is this what we've become?... Oh, one last setting sun (Scared of Fear) > We could become one last setting sun... Or be the sun at the break of dawn (Setting Sun) :wink:
  • Options
    I love the little mantra before Running: Be humble... Be mighty humble... :whistle:
  • Options
    JT270206JT270206 Posts: 1
    Still waiting for my album.  UPS said it was sent from Seattle on 4/18 and has been sitting in Oakland for three days (I live in Sacramento).  Each day they push it back on expected delivery date.  Any one else having problems?  
  • Options
    TriggerTrigger Posts: 16
    I'm in Canada and still nothing. Haven't received an email from Ten Club for shipping notifications, logged into my account to check my order history and found a tracking number with UPS, the only update on the status there is "04/03/2024 11:56 A.M. Order information received". I'll have to remember to not make the mistake of ordering through Ten Club when I could have just gone to my local record shop on release day.
  • Options
    I'm in Canada as well and just got an email today saying a shipping label has finally been printed! Maybe by June I'll actually receive it!
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    Pap said:
    I returned home from the London immersive experience to a nice surprise: The Deluxe CD had landed on my doorstep :clap:

I'm not an art critic, but after attending the listening party, the screening and the immersive experience, here is my review: Dark Matter is a straightforward masterpiece! A flawless album from beginning to end :star: It can win the listener with much less spins than some other albums in their catalogue. :rock_on:
    1. Scared of Fear - I was pretty sure I was hearing a break (the first shot of a pool game) at the beginning :wink: As a song, it is still growing on me.
    2. React, Respond - It has definitely won me by now, especially lyrically. I hear elements of The Dark from Earthling. Also, Jeff's bass sounds like Tim Commerford.
    3. Wreckage - An earworm :whistle:
    4. Dark Matter - A great song that needs to be heard loud to appreciate it.
    5. Won't Tell - My instant favourite. What a creative way to share a dream :innocent: The mental imagery is reminiscent of Uncle Neil. I get some Cure vibes towards the end.
    6. Upper Hand - A roller coaster of a song!
    7. Waiting for Stevie - Another song full of EV's wit and wisdom. The beginning reminds me of Starsailor's Good Souls. The rest of the song can be rhythmically associated with Breath, 1/2 Full, Alive.
    8. Running - Feel good Big Wave vibes all over the place :triumph:
    9. Something Special - Beautiful track :heart: A marriage between FF's Big Me and Red Wanting Blue's You Are My Las Vegas.
    10. Got to Give - Somehow it reminds me of that Greek song :smiley: In all seriousness though, this could be PJ's counterpart to David Bowie's Heroes.
    11. Setting Sun - A sequel to River Cross with a touch of Indifference.
    I like your breakdown of each song.
    I'm not as good as describing songs as I would like to be, but I know I love most of the songs on this album.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31