Wrigley Tickets

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    edited March 1
    interesting.  I wouldn't worry about the transfer not being turned on.  Sometimes they delay transfer but it should come on eventually.  It has to.
    On the TM ticket page it said tickets will be available the week of the show. I'm guessing that means you can add them to your wallet/transfer, etc the week of.

Post edited by mace1229 on
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    There's still tons of time between now and the show to worry about this. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Kwieneke said:
    JojoRice said:
    JojoRice said:
    Wrigley tickets should be easy to get.  I don't recall anyone getting shutout in the 2018 lottery.  Unless you just did the GA only option. 
    Welp this post didn't age well.  Got shutout for Wrigley in the lottery.  Luckily my ticket buddy went 2 for 2 with the Wrigley shows. 
    didnt age well at all. i was surprised at all the rejections 
    Yeah, it was posts like this that made me so surprised when I did get shut out.

1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    BSully said:
    Kwieneke said:
    JojoRice said:
    JojoRice said:
    Wrigley tickets should be easy to get.  I don't recall anyone getting shutout in the 2018 lottery.  Unless you just did the GA only option. 
    Welp this post didn't age well.  Got shutout for Wrigley in the lottery.  Luckily my ticket buddy went 2 for 2 with the Wrigley shows. 
    didnt age well at all. i was surprised at all the rejections 
    Yeah, it was posts like this that made me so surprised when I did get shut out.

Me too. I figured that Wrigley ticket requests would be nearly automatic. Nope. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,752
    i thought so too...until they did away with priority.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    ComeToTX said:
    i thought so too...until they did away with priority.
    Excellent point.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    know1 said:
    It would be nice to spend that time not worrying about this though.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    know1 said:
    What are people worried about? 
  • hairgrowth2001hairgrowth2001 Posts: 407
    No need to worry. We will all be there.
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:
    Just being able to complete trades without having to keep track of it for 6 months.  It was part of the appeal of these particular shows.  

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    I’m not worried about it.  I do; however, like things that make sense, and this doesn’t make sense.  Tickets should be transferable at any time in IL. 
    bbiggs said:
    I’m not worried about it.  I do; however, like things that make sense, and this doesn’t make sense.  Tickets should be transferable at any time in IL. 
    It makes sense.  it's their way to bypass the law there. They make them transferrable, they just don't give them to you until a few days before.  Really no different than if it was pick up in person hard copy tickets. We never got those ahead of time. 
    edited March 1
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    It makes sense.  it's their way to bypass the law there. They make them transferrable, they just don't give them to you until a few days before.  Really no different than if it was pick up in person hard copy tickets. We never got those ahead of time. 
    Why didn't they do that for MSG then? Those were immediately transferrable 
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Maybe the law is more strict there. Maybe they had already closed that loophole.
    I don't know why they didn't do it there. But seems obvious to me its their way to work around the transferrable law in IL.
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:
    Just being able to complete trades without having to keep track of it for 6 months.  It was part of the appeal of these particular shows.  
    If the transfer button isn't there, the sell button probably won't be either. That would be bad for F2F and drive people to stubhub.
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Maybe the law is more strict there. Maybe they had already closed that loophole.
    I don't know why they didn't do it there. But seems obvious to me its their way to work around the transferrable law in IL.
    And that is exactly my question- is this a valid loophole that TM has found, or is it in fact illegal?

edited March 1
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Then why didn't they do that last year in Illinois? Transfer was promptly available  
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:
    If the transfer button isn't there, the sell button probably won't be either. That would be bad for F2F and drive people to stubhub.
    The sell button is definitely active.  That adds to the confusion.
    bbiggs said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:
    The sell button is definitely active.  That adds to the confusion.
    Does it actually work though?? 
    I can't answer that since I haven't tried.  They turned the function on so I assumed it would work for those wanting to sell via third party sites, since F2F isn't open yet.  Or maybe they allow sales to go back in the TM available seat pool.  I'll try it later to find out, just to see if it actually allows the sale to be initiated (without completing a sale). 
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    And that is exactly my question- is this a valid loophole that TM has found, or is it in fact illegal?
    The only thing I've found in a quick search is a prohibition on "limit[ing] the terms or conditions of resale of the ticket." ("Any term or condition of the original sale of a ticket to any [long list of events] that purports to limit the terms or conditions of resale of the ticket (including but not limited to the resale price of the ticket) is unenforceable . . . "). 

I'm not sure restricting the time when you're able to transfer the ticket would necessarily be a violation. You'd be free to sell the ticket on stubhub, you just couldn't fulfill the sale until closer to the event. In any case, w
    hat would be the motive for delaying the transfer? 
    edited March 1
    bbiggs said:
    I can't answer that since I haven't tried.  They turned the function on so I assumed it would work for those wanting to sell via third party sites, since F2F isn't open yet.  Or maybe they allow sales to go back in the TM available seat pool.  I'll try it later to find out, just to see if it actually allows the sale to be initiated (without completing a sale). 
    I've had some tickets in my TM app that immediately had the sell button when I bought them months ago but if I try to use the sell button it still just says "organizer has not turned on resale for this event." But I theoretically could make a stubhub listing and then just transfer them even if TM never turns on the sell function. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    Interesting.  Especially since this seems to be unique to the Wrigley tickets in comparison to the MSG tickets, from what I've read here anyway.
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    The only thing I've found in a quick search is a prohibition on "limit[ing] the terms or conditions of resale of the ticket." ("Any term or condition of the original sale of a ticket to any [long list of events] that purports to limit the terms or conditions of resale of the ticket (including but not limited to the resale price of the ticket) is unenforceable . . . "). 

I'm not sure restricting the time when you're able to transfer the ticket would necessarily be a violation. You'd be free to sell the ticket on stubhub, you just couldn't fulfill the sale until closer to the event. In any case, what would be the motive for delaying the transfer? 
    It just makes it difficult to resell.  For example let’s say I buy a ticket on stub hub but later decide to sell it.  If the person I bought it from can’t transfer it (something) to me how am I supposed to list something?  Do I have to wait until 72 hours before the show to list it? Because that would be in effect a resale limitation.  

By the way I’m not attempting to resell any tickets.  It’s just annoying not to be able to complete a trade.  

edited March 1
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:

I'm not sure restricting the time when you're able to transfer the ticket would necessarily be a violation. You'd be free to sell the ticket on stubhub, you just couldn't fulfill the sale until closer to the event. In any case, what would be the motive for delaying the transfer? 
    It just makes it difficult to resell.  For example let’s say I buy a ticket on stub hub but later decide to sell it.  If the person I bought it from can’t transfer it (something) to me how am I supposed to list something?  Do I have to wait until 72 hours before the show to list it? Because that would be in effect a resale limitation.  

By the way I’m not attempting to resell any tickets.  It’s just annoying not to be able to complete a trade.  
    That would make it difficult but it's not a term or condition of the original sale that's limiting the terms or conditions of reselling. You could sell the ticket on stubhub even if it hasn't been transferred to you yet. But you could wind up getting jammed if the original buyer doesn't transfer it to you early enough to meet your stubhub deadline. The seller can set the deadline pretty late though. Like four hours before the event or something.  
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:

That would make it difficult but it's not a term or condition of the original sale that's limiting the terms or conditions of reselling. You could sell the ticket on stubhub even if it hasn't been transferred to you yet. But you could wind up getting jammed if the original buyer doesn't transfer it to you early enough to meet your stubhub deadline. The seller can set the deadline pretty late though. Like four hours before the event or something.  
    I guess a court would have to decide if it’s a limitation. Could probably be debated.

Anyway, as someone has said, we will all be there in the end.

Hopefully…

I'm not trying to run in circles on this, but the last point I'd like to make is that there is no consistency between how TM and MLB are handling these ticket transfers or sales, even though both initial sales were handled by TM in some way (10 Club lottery sales and Verified Fan "general" sales).  Tickets held by TM cannot be transferred or sold (fully) at this point.  This prevents transfers, trades, sales amongst friends, etc. to be completely fulfilled until the week of the shows (we're guessing anyway).  Tickets held by MLB can be transferred or fully sold now.  The lack of consistency from both platforms, in addition to the lack of clarity on this topic, is the frustrating part.
    edited March 2
    Didn't MLB handle the verified fan sale for Wrigley? Those can be transferred? TM handled all MSG tickets and those are transferable now. 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    We should just go back to envelopes the day of the show. ;)
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    know1 said:
    I guess what I really meant was that it is too early to worry about it. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.