Options

Exclusive PJ listening party West Hollywood 1.31.24 - Confirmed DARK MATTER and wish I was there

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Last song is called "Setting Sun" and EV was hopefully joking when he said that it was their last album. 
    Wait. What??? That ain't fucking funny Ed.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,486
    11 songs. "Heavy, heavy, heavy. About half the songs are really heavy."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,604
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:
    React as you like and let others react as they like, pretty simple. Some people have said it is absolutely happening and they are standing on that hill. It may or it may not. We shall see.
    The only intelligent and non emotional response made here. 

Someone calling me a negative nancy bc I pointed out that nothing is confirmed either way?

ok you child. Can’t take having your bubbles popped? What a feckless goon.

Ouch, name calling, seems your the emotional one Nancy 

On another note I hope this listening party results in some news on the upcoming album which has been confirmed to be completed and ready to go 
    Yeah. I’m the emotional one. Pointing out an objective truth and then being called a neg Nancy. Seems fair.

also, by simple logic, if the album were “ready to go”, wouldn’t it be….going? 

Think about it.
    This is absolutely silly. Ed told the crowd from the stage at the final show in 2023 that the album was done and it would be released in 2024. A band the size of Pearl Jam doesn't finish a record and just press send. A release date has many considerations taken into account before they set it. One of the biggest being how they want to position in regards to touring.
    A band as big as PJ doesn’t just press send?

What? There is so much precedent for this. 

Both Radiohead and U2 are the very first that come to mind and there are many, many others. 

Touring should…should have zero impact. There’s no good reason to link the two, although I know pj has done that in the past. But it makes little sense. Why? Bc shows create revenue, streams do not. There is no need to hype the album or build anticipation. If the record is ready, just make it available. This isn’t 2005.

Gee... maybe they are proud of their record and want to promote it?
    @on2legs
    You can apologize whenever you'd like. No rush. I love you.

These are exciting times my friend!
    For what?  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 489
    Paging Negative Nancy. Are you still here?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,537
    Feel like a lil kid on Xmas Eve 🤗

• Options
    edited February 1
    Deleted
    Post edited by emptycupinthemiddleofthesea on
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    edited February 1
    Deleted
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:
    React as you like and let others react as they like, pretty simple. Some people have said it is absolutely happening and they are standing on that hill. It may or it may not. We shall see.

Someone calling me a negative nancy bc I pointed out that nothing is confirmed either way?

On another note I hope this listening party results in some news on the upcoming album which has been confirmed to be completed and ready to go 
    Yeah. I’m the emotional one. Pointing out an objective truth and then being called a neg Nancy. Seems fair.

Think about it.
    This is absolutely silly. Ed told the crowd from the stage at the final show in 2023 that the album was done and it would be released in 2024. A band the size of Pearl Jam doesn't finish a record and just press send. A release date has many considerations taken into account before they set it. One of the biggest being how they want to position in regards to touring.

Both Radiohead and U2 are the very first that come to mind and there are many, many others. 

Touring should…should have zero impact. There’s no good reason to link the two, although I know pj has done that in the past. But it makes little sense. Why? Bc shows create revenue, streams do not. There is no need to hype the album or build anticipation. If the record is ready, just make it available. This isn’t 2005.

@on2legs

For what?  
    lol
    My man pots and pans! All love brother!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 31
    CROJAM95 said:

Fucking great being in my mid 40's and feeling like this, isn't it? God bless this band!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mikeyb107mikeyb107 Ireland Posts: 23
    pjruss said:
    😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    spankyMP said:
    @The Juggler I rescind my LOL
    I love you too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 143
    Dark matter twice? Like two versions we had for life wasted
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:

Think about it.

@on2legs

For what?  
    lol
    My man… you deliberately posted a false rumor about shows in Philly during the last tour, let it ride for months and then made posts bragging about how you trolled everyone.  You earned every bit of skepticism you got here.  Information is tough enough to come by here without people posting fake stuff to mislead people.   

Carry the hell on. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 225
    CROJAM95 said:

Fucking great being in my mid 40's and feeling like this, isn't it? God bless this band!
    Right?? I'm 41 and with every album lead up and then album release, I'm still that kid sitting on his bedroom floor with Vitalogy cranked to 11. I will never not be this way and that is fine by me.
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 365
    pjruss said:
    Yep. And it did happen, which i said was perfectly possible. They kept this real close hold so good for them. 

Now….when do we get to hear it?!?! If they have big big sack they will drop it on us tonight!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,537
    CROJAM95 said:

Enjoy it while we can, 43 here & always look at it as PURE JOY… I’m here cause I enjoy to be. I’m not Fickle on any of it… 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:

Think about it.

@on2legs

For what?  
    lol

Carry the hell on. 
    I love you. Can't wait to hear this thing....even if it appears as if Mr. G is not on it. Swing and a miss on that one! 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 372
    CROJAM95 said:

Same here.  I rarely do the forums anymore but I still love my PJ.  I find that things to look forward to are fewer and more far between in general nowadays, so I really appreciate times like these. 
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,982
    edited February 1
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:

Think about it.

@on2legs

For what?  
    lol

Carry the hell on. 
    I love you. Can't wait to hear this thing....even if it appears as if Mr. G is not on it. Swing and a miss on that one! 

🙄

• Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    No arguing! This is a happy time
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:

Think about it.

@on2legs

For what?  
    lol

Carry the hell on. 

🙄

Win some. Lose some. Today is a win for all involved. Thanks for the screen grabs. Smooches!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 1
    demetrios said:

This is the guy who said it sounded as if Sound Garden and Petty had a Pearl Jam baby or something....

SIGN
    ME
    UP
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,682
    Odd time signatures for the W.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited February 1
    Deleted. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,982
    edited February 1
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    edited February 1
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:

Think about it.

@on2legs

For what?  
    lol

Carry the hell on. 

🙄

Win some. Lose some. Today is a win for all involved. Thanks for the screen grabs. Smooches!
    I guess this is your version of losing, eh?

Carry the hell on. 

• Options
    edited February 1
    Deleted
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    I saw John Goodman there. 
    Awesome you got to go. 

Any other highlights? 
  • Options
    I saw John Goodman there. 
    Dude! So happy you got to experience it. 

Would you agree with it being more like VS era?

chinese-happy.jpg