Options

Exclusive PJ listening party West Hollywood 1.31.24 - Confirmed DARK MATTER and wish I was there

Comments

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 681
    dwjmu84 said
    Some of you people really need to relax. I feel like ya glom on very heavily to comments made by the guys. 
    I’m here because I still genuinely love Pearl Jam and get excited for new music. Given that it’s not free to be here I would have guessed most people feel the same.
    That guess would be wrong, but it’s what I woulda guessed. 
    If people getting excited for the band’s new album bugs you this probably isn’t the best thread for you.
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 365
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said
    Some of you people really need to relax. I feel like ya glom on very heavily to comments made by the guys. 
    I’m here because I still genuinely love Pearl Jam and get excited for new music. Given that it’s not free to be here I would have guessed most people feel the same.
    If people getting excited for the band’s new album bugs you this probably isn’t the best thread for you.
    You’ve nailed it. I’m not excited about hearing new pj. In fact, I think they’re terrible.

How about you address the actual point I’ve made: we have no confirmation of the new album being played anywhere today, or even that it’s ready. That doesn’t mean it isn’t, it just seems unlikely. You may not like to hear that, but it’s simply a statement of what we collectively know, which, is almost nothing. 

Get excited, as you should. But don’t get upset at folks for simply pointing out that there is simply nothing confirmed about new music, other than, it’s in process.

• Options
    mikeyb107mikeyb107 Ireland Posts: 23
    dwjmu84 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said
    You’ve nailed it. I’m not excited about hearing new pj. In fact, I think they’re terrible.

How about you address the actual point I’ve made: we have no confirmation of the new album being played anywhere today, or even that it’s ready. That doesn’t mean it isn’t, it just seems unlikely. You may not like to hear that, but it’s simply a statement of what we collectively know, which, is almost nothing. 

Get excited, as you should. But don’t get upset at folks for simply pointing out that there is simply nothing confirmed about new music, other than, it’s in process.

Negative Nancy 
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,367
    React as you like and let others react as they like, pretty simple. Some people have said it is absolutely happening and they are standing on that hill. It may or it may not. We shall see.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    dwjmu84 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said

You available for my kid’s sixth birthday party? She’s getting her head a li’l too far in the clouds and we need a professional killjoy to bring her back to earth. 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said

You available for my kid’s sixth birthday party? She’s getting her head a li’l too far in the clouds and we need a professional killjoy to bring her back to earth. 

I have seen NO PROOF that your daughter is having a birthday party 
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 365
    spankyMP said:
    React as you like and let others react as they like, pretty simple. Some people have said it is absolutely happening and they are standing on that hill. It may or it may not. We shall see.
    The only intelligent and non emotional response made here. 

Someone calling me a negative nancy bc I pointed out that nothing is confirmed either way?

ok you child. Can’t take having your bubbles popped? What a feckless goon.

• Options
    Yikes Rachel Dratch GIF - Yikes Rachel Dratch Debbie Downer GIFs
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,743
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:

Someone calling me a negative nancy bc I pointed out that nothing is confirmed either way?

I think Wet Blanket Wayne is more accurate. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,263

• Options

Absolutely no one has requested bubble popping. This is not the bubble popping thread, this is the new music listening event thread.
    and you call us children all ya want hoss but you’re the one here name-calling. 
  • Options
    Avocado78Avocado78 Posts: 42
    In the end, we are all just living the dream. Of course, nightmares are dreams, too. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said

Mr Sunshine here’s probably gonna pop my bubble and tell me she’s not really my kid.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    kmcmanus said:
    pjl44 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said

Mr Sunshine here’s probably gonna pop my bubble and tell me she’s not really my kid.
    Or she's not really 6

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,791
    spankyMP said:
    Yikes Rachel Dratch GIF - Yikes Rachel Dratch Debbie Downer GIFs
    This sums up the whole thread
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    It’s happening. One hour to go. Can’t wait. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    well that was weird. hopefully this thread gets back on track for people who are actually interested in new music from the band 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    It’s happening. One hour to go. Can’t wait. 
    Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Kwieneke said:
    well that was weird. hopefully this thread gets back on track for people who are actually interested in new music from the band 
    LOL! Typical shit though. I think they play a song or two tonight. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mikeyb107mikeyb107 Ireland Posts: 23
    dwjmu84 said:
    spankyMP said:

Ouch, name calling, seems your the emotional one Nancy 

On another note I hope this listening party results in some news on the upcoming album which has been confirmed to be completed and ready to go 
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 343
    JimmyV said:
    Interesting that this is happening at the same time. (Unless this is old. Image is from FB, apply grains of salt.)

May be an image of 4 people and text that says wednesday feature pearl jam w guest dj curlycrimsonj wednesday 1pmPT4pmET twitchtv samnation3000 SAMNATION
    It’s a DJ Set. Someone asked on Facebook if it’s a live show. DJane answered. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    edited January 31
    dwjmu84 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    How do we even know this is happening? Pure spec at this point, correct? The award for the posters tonight has been confirmed. Nothing else though…
    There have been a few long time members here who aren't the type to spout off nonsense saying it's legit that lead me to believe it's likely legit
    Yeah….thats not too convincing. I’m not saying it can’t be true, but, that’s hardly a confidence threshold that would give me any certainty. If these “long time members” have confirmed, why haven’t they said anything else, like what is being listened to?

We will see in a few hours but hopefully you’re not all being played! 
    “What is being listened to” will be the new album. 
    Sure, maybe the painted shield new album. 

Everyone should at least prepare to be let down like opening the 10c newsletter on the 10th of each month. 
    They have not exactly been subtle about having a new album in the can. That is in fact the actual phrasing Matt used.
    i don’t know who hurt you but I hope you can learn to trust again.
    Haha. What MC meant was the album went IN the can. When they heard what the wottman did with it, it was promptly thrown into the waste bin and they rang BoB. 

Some of you people really need to relax. I feel like ya glom on very heavily to comments made by the guys. Maybe the album is recorded, mixed, and mastered, but they haven’t event begun tracking, art etc…? Very plausible they’re at this stage is all I’m saying, and so, today could be not what you think. 

I’ll be happy to be wrong bc it prob means we are closer to hearing new material, but I always assume the guys are farther behind than the consensus. 
    The album was done being recorded in June, and it was being mixed and mastered at that time.

EDIT: When I saw there were 54 new messages since last night, I thought there must have been some real news about this purported listening party. Nope.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    EugeneEugene Posts: 114
    Amazing “ grown” adults  are in here fighting about this. Yikes 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    I know for a fact that the event, whatever it may be, is at the Troubadour today.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    Eugene said:
    Some of us just aren't cool enough to get the invite to the listening event and want to see if the new song comes out soon or is leaked.
  • Options
    EugeneEugene Posts: 114
    Wnjimjam1982 said:
    Eugene said:
    Some of us just aren't cool enough to get the invite to the listening event and want to see if the new song comes out soon or is leaked.
    Who did get an invite to this event? Which the only info about is a Facebook post from weeks ago lol. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    Eugene said:
    Wnjimjam1982 said:
    Eugene said:
    Who did get an invite to this event? Which the only info about is a Facebook post from weeks ago lol. 
    I don't know im at my computer.  Sorry.  Probably some hollywood elites, maybe that Cohen guy or the guy who wrote their book.  Some friends of the band?

Maybe its all myth. I choose to believe today.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    I have been told in confidence that the first 25 minutes of this listening party have seen Jeff insisting the album is still months away with the rest of the band trying to convince him that they actually have the finished product in hand. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    It's 1:30PM PST, do you know where your listening party is?
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,580
    Loujoe said:
    I like the part when Ed goes wayyyahh wayyyahhHhhHHh and the way Jeff does that baddddaaaa ka boooooom boom thing with Matt killing those cymbals, Stone going blllllling ske blinnnnnnng and Mike doing that cheweeewwahh cheeewweewhaaingyingy chAaAaawhoooooommmm.
    Kicks butt
    This is why I make sure I get Jeff's side at shows.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,