Options

Middle East ......

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Comments

• Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    whats happening Gaza isnt in Israel so I'm posting here. Will also be posting here going forward to events that occur in West Bank as THAT is not in Israel either.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Crazy shit...all about the occupation
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    I think it's a bit confusing to talk about events in Israel, Gaza, and West Bank in two different threads.  What about having one thread dedicated to the war between Israel and Hamas? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    sure, drop bombs in a sovereign nation, your oldest peace partner.....

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    mickeyrat said:

"This idea of provoking Israel and poking Israel constantly has been Hamas' game plan from the beginning," Nides continued. "They don't speak for the Palestinian people. Their goal is to see exactly what's going on right now in Gaza. They don't care about the Palestinian people in Gaza. What they want is to create chaos. They want to create what's going on now. This is what they are trying to be successful at doing." The parallel here is that MAGA Republicans only want chaos, they do not care about the American people, they do not speak for the American people… they love the uncertainty and anxiety it provokes in American citizens… they thrive on it.. "

An interesting comparison.  Basically it says the Hamas attack on Israel and MAGA attack on the Capitol are certainly different in scale, but do share the goal of creating chaos.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    mickeyrat said:

On the map, look to the big Sinai dessert. That big area was returned to Egypt as a result of a PEACE TREATY. Egypt’s deal was to have a secure border so Israel can monitor weapons being smuggled into Gaza, and of course recognize Israel’s right to exist peacefully as neighbors. Until that happens w Palestine , any additional return of lands seems more dangerous to cause more violence, not less.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    More than a dozen Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in the West Bank https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/13/several-palestinians-killed-by-israeli-forces-in-occupied-west-bank

• Options
    BBC News - Israel targets Hamas’s labyrinth of tunnels under Gaza https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67097124

• Options