Options

BIDEN, afraid of losing the election, SAYS "BUILD THE WALL!"

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    And let’s point out the liberal cities are being overrun by migrants who came here legally. The wall does squat about that. Squat.

as is typical with conservatives, the basic logic of the debate is flawed. The problem is the horrific living conditions south of our border, of which the USA owns a big part of the culpability. So let’s argue about building a wall, for which we know addresses a tiny percentage of the issue, and does ZERO about the root cause.

Until we solve the violence and poverty issues south of our border, this issue will not go away. Take that to the bank, conservatives.

What do you consider legally? Would someone who claims asylum, but I’d later denied count? Or never follows through with the process?
    Its my understanding many who cross illegally know to just ask for asylum because they can’t be turned away and the process can take a while.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    shecky said:
    guess what maga.

biden said he will allow wall funding in exchage for ukraine funding. your side said they would fund ukraine if the wall got funded. 

there ya go. 

you can't renege on that.

this is a master stroke of political chess. choke on it, gop.
    But, according to you, "that money has to be used for what it was appropriated for, so it has to go to the border wall".
    So, evidently Joey has no authority to "allow wall funding" or anything else, it's not his decision to make.
    JoJo sure plays a mean game of checkers. :| 

man y’all conservatives got the solution figured out
    I haven't commented here because I understand Biden is following law and wasn't his decision.
    But I have never understood this argument. Just because something isn't 100% successful, we shouldn't do it?
    Isn't most of the gun thread filled with the opposite comments? If a law would prevent just a small percentage of shootings, isn't it worth it?
    There are other factors to debate with about a wall; cost, invasive, etc. But showing a picture of some climbing it isn't a big factor. 

Excellent point, but the problem with immigration are the deplorable living conditions in Central America, of which the US owns a huge responsibility by exporting guns there and importing drugs

the point of these pictures being sent to our conservative friends is this is not the solution, because it doesn’t solve the problem. The guns create violence and poverty. People are running for their lives and a wall is going to solve it? Cmon.

Well, I have never once seen a meme of people climbing the wall and someone ask how this solves the root problems. It’s always followed with a statement like “see, you can climb a fence.”
    Nothing will solve anything 100%. But if you take Several different measures, each of which reduce the problem a little, then you’ve made a big difference. Works that way with everything.
    Im not saying the trump wall was the answer. But those arguments and memes do nothing to convinced of anything.
      I almost never see a photo or meme of people climbing over the wall where someone will point out, "Does any body care that this damn wall is a major disruption to the migratory patterns of animals?"  That wall is an abomination to nature.  We humans only think about ourselves, and in doing so seal our fate.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    He should be more worried about losing his marbles than an election 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    shecky said:
    guess what maga.

biden said he will allow wall funding in exchage for ukraine funding. your side said they would fund ukraine if the wall got funded. 

there ya go. 

But, according to you, "that money has to be used for what it was appropriated for, so it has to go to the border wall".
    So, evidently Joey has no authority to "allow wall funding" or anything else, it's not his decision to make.

I haven't commented here because I understand Biden is following law and wasn't his decision.
    But I have never understood this argument. Just because something isn't 100% successful, we shouldn't do it?
    Isn't most of the gun thread filled with the opposite comments? If a law would prevent just a small percentage of shootings, isn't it worth it?
    There are other factors to debate with about a wall; cost, invasive, etc. But showing a picture of some climbing it isn't a big factor. 

Excellent point, but the problem with immigration are the deplorable living conditions in Central America, of which the US owns a huge responsibility by exporting guns there and importing drugs

the point of these pictures being sent to our conservative friends is this is not the solution, because it doesn’t solve the problem. The guns create violence and poverty. People are running for their lives and a wall is going to solve it? Cmon.

Well, I have never once seen a meme of people climbing the wall and someone ask how this solves the root problems. It’s always followed with a statement like “see, you can climb a fence.”
    Nothing will solve anything 100%. But if you take Several different measures, each of which reduce the problem a little, then you’ve made a big difference. Works that way with everything.
    Im not saying the trump wall was the answer. But those arguments and memes do nothing to convinced of anything.
      I almost never see a photo or meme of people climbing over the wall where someone will point out, "Does any body care that this damn wall is a major disruption to the migratory patterns of animals?"  That wall is an abomination to nature.  We humans only think about ourselves, and in doing so seal our fate.
    True. In my first post I said there are valid arguments against a wall. Showing they can be climbed isn’t one of them.
    Everyone knows you can climb a fence. It’s meant to be a distractor for big groups, and not full proof. I think it’s more effective to talk about the disruption to the land and farmers who use it, to the wild life. Cost of maintenance, etc than just saying they don’t work.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    shecky said:
    guess what maga.

there ya go. 

True. In my first post I said there are valid arguments against a wall. Showing they can be climbed isn’t one of them.
    Everyone knows you can climb a fence. It’s meant to be a distractor for big groups, and not full proof. I think it’s more effective to talk about the disruption to the land and farmers who use it, to the wild life. Cost of maintenance, etc than just saying they don’t work.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to intervene in the discussion so much as to point out a concern that get overlooked by many people, but not in particular you guys here.  There has to be a better way, that's all. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Hey maybe we need walls to protect us from the terrorist that are already here like the Maine dude shooting everyone up? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    https://apple.news/AE7dZBVsbT-u4YtkGWHcDgw
    Damn does he have to keep winning! 
  • Options
    LBCeddieLBCeddie Posts: 101
    Hey maybe we need walls to protect us from the terrorist that are already here like the Maine dude shooting everyone up? 
    I would be more concerned with immigrants.  
  • Options
    LBCeddie said:
    Off course you would specially since all they do is outwork American at every menial job you can name! That’s a fact but you just keep on being scared of the men/women with brown skins 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    LBCeddie said:
    Off course you would specially since all they do is outwork American at every menial job you can name! That’s a fact but you just keep on being scared of the men/women with brown skins 
    Sorry, I'm missing your point here.  Scared?  I'm not scared of illegal immigrants.  They just shouldn't be here.  It is illegal.  Do you have sources for your facts?  So, is your point that you believe I am scared of illegals because they are brown and work hard?  For the record, no illegal will ever outwork me.  
    Post edited by LBCeddie on
  • Options
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    Sorry, I'm missing your point here.  Scared?  I'm not scared of illegal immigrants.  They just shouldn't be here.  It is illegal.  Do you have sources for your facts?  So, is your point that you believe I am scared of illegals because they are brown and work hard?  For the record, no illegal will ever outwork me.  
    Yes I do have facts I see it every day here on Long Island! Tell me who waits on your table when you go out to eat who cuts the lawns who cuts the trees who makes your pizza who works construction sites who cleans the houses on& on and on! Immigrants are doing all the jobs that Americans no longer care to do, immigrants are not going anywhere they are here to stay get used to it! 
  • Options
    https://www.threads.net/@akaflexx/post/Cy-3OsrLtHf/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
    This is the kind of folks we should all be afraid of! 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    Yes I do have facts I see it every day here on Long Island! Tell me who waits on your table when you go out to eat who cuts the lawns who cuts the trees who makes your pizza who works construction sites who cleans the houses on& on and on! Immigrants are doing all the jobs that Americans no longer care to do, immigrants are not going anywhere they are here to stay get used to it! 
    You’re absolutely correct jose and it’s everywhere in the US.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    I have a paint and hardware store. I deal directly with many “brown” immigrants every single day. Proud LEGAL immigrants who work their ass off and are happy and grateful to be in this country. They are completely against ILLEGAL immigrants for the most part. They’ve worked up to earn a certain amount for doing certain jobs and have went through the difficult process of legally entering our society. They resent illegals who are undercutting them for daily labor. Being against ILLEGAL immigration’s isn’t the same same as being scared of brown people. That’s kind of a ridiculous generalization. Between years of working in restaurants then having a paint store I’ve been in close contact with tons of immigrants who are absolutely willing to do difficult jobs that many Americans do not want to do. And not just Spanish immigrants, Albanians, polish, Greek , Italians etc…..They are absolutely necessary and vital to this country. Wanting this process to be done  legally and correctly isn’t racist. 
  • Options
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    I cut my own lawn and clean my own house.  Stereotype much? I doubt illegals serve my food and cook my pizza as often as you describe. Immigrants can stay all they want, of course. However, there is a difference between a legal immigrant and filthy illegals. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    I cut my own lawn and clean my own house.  Stereotype much? I doubt illegals serve my food and cook my pizza as often as you describe. Immigrants can stay all they want, of course. However, there is a difference between a legal immigrant and filthy illegals. 
    Just quoting this so your words are on the record.  
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    Completely unnecessary and very telling. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    edited October 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have a paint and hardware store. I deal directly with many “brown” immigrants every single day. Proud LEGAL immigrants who work their ass off and are happy and grateful to be in this country. They are completely against ILLEGAL immigrants for the most part. They’ve worked up to earn a certain amount for doing certain jobs and have went through the difficult process of legally entering our society. They resent illegals who are undercutting them for daily labor. Being against ILLEGAL immigration’s isn’t the same same as being scared of brown people. That’s kind of a ridiculous generalization. Between years of working in restaurants then having a paint store I’ve been in close contact with tons of immigrants who are absolutely willing to do difficult jobs that many Americans do not want to do. And not just Spanish immigrants, Albanians, polish, Greek , Italians etc…..They are absolutely necessary and vital to this country. Wanting this process to be done  legally and correctly isn’t racist. 
    Serious question because I think I missed something….where is it that someone said wanting legal immigration is racist?   Mace and I both indicated that’s what we want and I’m no racist, and I believe that illegals are working their asses off as well.  We need a program to ensure these illegals won’t be afraid to move forward properly.  Like an amnesty period.  And yes they still should be vetted, it shouldn’t just be a free pass. 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    Wow 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    Thank you!  I don't ever want to forget that I do not support illegal immigrants in the US.  Go figure.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    Stay classy San Diego 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    Filthy illegals is all I need to know about you! Have a safe weekend 
  • Options
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    I’ve lived in areas where immigrants (not necessarily illegal though) do much of those jobs. Not where I currently live though. But I don’t think Ives lived anywhere where they were the majority of the wait staff.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    I’ve lived in areas where immigrants (not necessarily illegal though) do much of those jobs. Not where I currently live though. But I don’t think Ives lived anywhere where they were the majority of the wait staff.
    How did you know they were immigrants? Did you strike up a conversation?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    edited October 2023
    LBCeddie said:
    benjs said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    Thank you!  I don't ever want to forget that I do not support illegal immigrants in the US.  Go figure.  
    And that you use words like filthy - you clearly think illegal immigrants are less worthy of being treated as humans than you do. I'd argue because they'd treat you like a human, and you'd treat them like an animal, that the opposite is true. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    holy shit. right out there in the open. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    holy shit. right out there in the open. 
    The POOTWH way. Might be the attraction.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    How did you know they were immigrants? Did you strike up a conversation?
    Many times, yes.
    But why didn’t you ask Jose, he’s the one that brought it up?
    But you’ve hired someone to clean your house, mow your lawn, take your order, and never spoke to them?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    LBCeddie said:
    I worked in the NYC restaurant/bar scene for years. I knew loads of Irish people who were there illegally. Would you call them filthy or do you reserve that term for people that come from south of the border?

I also knew a lot of Mexicans who were there illegally. It's a tough life. They cram together in small apartments, work 12 hour shifts 6-7 days a week and send a lot of their money back to their families. Many of them are completely selfless. One guy was the porter in the bar I worked. His mother died and he couldn't go home for the funeral. The money he was sending back was too important to his family to risk not being able to get back into the country.

Regardless of your feelings toward illegal immigration, please don't dehumanize them.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

America's going to elect a fascist next year based on this issue alone.