Options

*** Ft Worth, TX 1 Fanviews Here 9/13/23 ***

Comments

• Options
    Did anyone have seats in the Reliant Club Standing Room Only section last night?  Curious if it was decent view compared to other back seat setups at other arenas. Looks like it’s pretty high and possibly a window pane which doesn’t look appealing to me 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

Still on a high. Not sure how last night will be topped but let’s give it a whirl. One down, three to go. See y’all Friday!
    FRAME THAT
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Insane show last night. Top 2 for me with Wrigley 2013, maybe top 1... Can't wait for tomorrow.
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,188
    I feel like I time traveled last night. I can’t imagine a modern day show like this ever happening again without JFK on the throne. Bias aside, that was special. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    I saw him rip it up on guitar with rhcp. Thought who is this young rager. Really added a bright edge to rhcp show. Now touring with one of my favorite bands pulling them through shows on drums? Dang. Sweet! (kind of unbelievable)
  • Options
    VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 224
    My 25th show and easily now in my top faves. Amazing setlist and energy. I was one of the lucky recipients of Ed's (non-flu) wine. That was a first. Got a white whale in Satan's Bed! I've been a big fan of JK since I saw his band Dot Hacker open for Jane's in 2008. He saved the night and did a kick ass job!! It made for a very special and unique night. Hoping Matt gets better quickly! 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Loujoe said:
    I saw him rip it up on guitar with rhcp. Thought who is this young rager. Really added a bright edge to rhcp show. Now touring with one of my favorite bands pulling them through shows on drums? Dang. Sweet! (kind of unbelievable)
    I did to....I thought he was awesome
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 155
    edited September 2023
    Loujoe said:
    Josh is a great addition to the band. Been following him since around 2004 when he started recording solo albums with John Frusciante. John had a 6 month break from rhcp obligations and they put out like 6-7 solo albums that year with pretty much just the 2 of them playing everything (Josh mostly on drums). They also did an album with joe lally from fugazi under the name ataxia which is solid and a great (in my opinion) Frusciante solo album called the empyrean which was his last “rock” solo album. 

He’s toured with beck, PJ Harvey, others I’m forgetting and was a big part of Gnarls Barkley’s touring band. The chili peppers brought gnarls on the last few legs of the stadium arcadium tour as openers and Josh starting playing with rhcp as an extra musician like he is now with PJ allowing them to play a bunch of great songs with multiple guitar tracks that they hadn’t been able to before. There is a good pro shot video from the RHCP Poland 2007 show with josh sitting in most of the show if anyone cares to check it out
    Post edited by gobr0309 on
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Solo / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023
  • Options
    gobr0309 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Josh is a great addition to the band. Been following him since around 2004 when he started recording solo albums with John Frusciante. John had a 6 month break from rhcp obligations and they put out like 6-7 solo albums that year with pretty much just the 2 of them playing everything (Josh mostly on drums). They also did an album with joe lally from fugazi under the name ataxia which is solid and a great (in my opinion) Frusciante solo album called the empyrean which was his last “rock” solo album. 

He’s toured with beck, PJ Harvey, others I’m forgetting and was a big part of Gnarls Barkley’s touring band. The chili peppers brought gnarls on the last few legs of the stadium arcadium tour as openers and Josh starting playing with rhcp as an extra musician like he is now with PJ allowing them to play a bunch of great songs with multiple guitar tracks that they hadn’t been able to before. There is a good pro shot video from the RHCP Poland 2007 show with josh sitting in most of the show if anyone cares to check it out
    wow...I wasn't aware of any of that except for him playing with RHCP

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 112
    CROJAM95 said:
    waking up in my hotel room this morning, feeling like a fell in love all over again, its remarkable how they can evoke that feeling after all these years. 
    Felt the exact same way after the two Chicago nights Chicago. Shows #14 and #15 for me and I’ve never been a bigger fan. It just keeps getting better every fucking time! 
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    waking up in my hotel room this morning, feeling like a fell in love all over again, its remarkable how they can evoke that feeling after all these years. 
    Felt the exact same way after the two Chicago nights Chicago. Shows #14 and #15 for me and I’ve never been a bigger fan. It just keeps getting better every fucking time! 
    same...Chicago was #28/29 for me...Noblesville was supposed to be #30

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,744
    Wobbie said:
    Chydro said:
    Other than MYM, nothing newer than 1998. Good stuff. 

they must have figured out no one wants to hear anything off the last three albums. that said, I’m cautiously optimistic the next album may break this string of mediocrity. it needs to.
    Speak for yourself. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,744
    Might be in the minority, but I do really hope to hear Gigaton songs in the remaining three sets. Haven’t seen any of them live yet. 

Get well soon mfc!
    I’m with you on this. 💯 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,556
    Really interested to know, from a music / musicians POV - what was Josh like on drums? were they still as tight as a band? Any improv reviews? Saw Josh play with PJ first time in Amsterdam last year...Purple rain blew my mind!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,638
    PJammin' said:
    Wobbie said:
    Chydro said:
    Other than MYM, nothing newer than 1998. Good stuff. 

they must have figured out no one wants to hear anything off the last three albums. that said, I’m cautiously optimistic the next album may break this string of mediocrity. it needs to.
    Speak for yourself. 
    Agreed. Although, maybe not so much on Backspacer. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    I had such a great time last night. Took my adult son who was lukewarm to the band. Watching his face turn to happiness and wonder was the most amazing thing. He kept saying he couldn't believe how great they were, so entertaining and their interaction with the crowd amazed him. He was blown away at how loud the crowd sang. Walking to the car, he said it's probably the best concert he's ever been to. I kept my "I told you so" comments to a minimum =)

They sounded great, Josh did amazing. We had fantastic seats in 125 on Mike's side. He was so much fun to watch. They all seemed to be having fun.

I had really wanted to hear Crazy Mary and wow! I love the back and forth of Boom and Mike. Only my 4th show so lots of 1sts for me.

Thank you Pearl Jam and all the fans that make shows so special. What a great community!

Wasn't planning on going to night 2 but now....see ya there!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    Show 29 for me and only the second time I didn’t see something I hadn’t seen before. I loved the show. So much energy right from the beginning and seeing Pilate for only the second time was badass. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    gobr0309 said:
    Loujoe said:

Big Josh fans here also. What a humble guy. Thank you for  the extensive  information on his background. . We saw Josh with the Chili’s in 2012 and 2017 and I have the Chili’s Poland 2007 Blu-Ray which we really enjoy.I often say it was  like Josh was being mentored to take over from Froosh soon after.
  • Options

Obeys, listens, kisses, loves.
    Pilate and Satan’s Bed, six total songs from Yield, Josh the hero of Ft. Worth. Holy shit.
    Have fun Friday!
  • Options

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,944

In Jeff’s words: Pure Stoke! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,233
    ComeToTX said:
    Show 29 for me and only the second time I didn’t see something I hadn’t seen before. I loved the show. So much energy right from the beginning and seeing Pilate for only the second time was badass. 
    Not understanding the first sentence the way it is worded
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options

Hey I just wanted to say thank you for this photo....I can see myself.  So I now have a picture of myself with ed and jeff...

Going to print it and frame it next to wednesday nights poster!
  • Options
    amberstraughnamberstraughn Maryland Posts: 8
    AHHH just getting a chance to log in.  I'm the astrophysicist Ed dedicated GTF to.  Yield is my favorite album.  I'm still reeling - just cannot believe it.  What a show!!!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    AHHH just getting a chance to log in.  I'm the astrophysicist Ed dedicated GTF to.  Yield is my favorite album.  I'm still reeling - just cannot believe it.  What a show!!!
    I saw that video on twitter this morning. what's the story behind the dedication?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Congrats it was a great moment.  
  • Options
    Really interested to know, from a music / musicians POV - what was Josh like on drums? were they still as tight as a band? Any improv reviews? Saw Josh play with PJ first time in Amsterdam last year...Purple rain blew my mind!
    I saw about 7-8 songs via live stream, he played solid and did a great job but you could tell he was a little sloppy at times and unsure about some parts.. overall given the situation, he killed it.
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 901
    Awesome! Your profile picture makes perfect sense 😆 
  • Options
    poison said:
    Did anyone have seats in the Reliant Club Standing Room Only section last night?  Curious if it was decent view compared to other back seat setups at other arenas. Looks like it’s pretty high and possibly a window pane which doesn’t look appealing to me 
    the reliant club is that in between section below the 200 level.  I was in the 200 level and the seats were so steep they were killing me and my wife!  Im not good with heights...

Might do the reliant club tonight because the seats look awesome, well standing room looks awesome I guess.
  • Options
    Congratulations! Nice to know astrophysicists waste their time on this forum like the rest of us 😁