Options

*** Ft Worth, TX 1 Fanviews Here 9/13/23 ***

124»

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    Might be in the minority, but I do really hope to hear Gigaton songs in the remaining three sets. Haven’t seen any of them live yet. 

they come in handy if you need to pee. 
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    AHHH just getting a chance to log in.  I'm the astrophysicist Ed dedicated GTF too.  Yield is my favorite album.  I'm still reeling - just cannot believe it.  What a show!!!
    Wow congrats!!!! What an incredible moment! So happy for you!
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    CO278952 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Show 29 for me and only the second time I didn’t see something I hadn’t seen before. I loved the show. So much energy right from the beginning and seeing Pilate for only the second time was badass. 
    Not understanding the first sentence the way it is worded
    he had already heard every song played at least once.

that had only happened at one show before.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,747
    AHHH just getting a chance to log in.  I'm the astrophysicist Ed dedicated GTF too.  Yield is my favorite album.  I'm still reeling - just cannot believe it.  What a show!!!
    That was a great moment in the show! Glad you got it on video too. 😎🙌🏻
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Did Eddie said he was sick or was it just obvious? I saw the London 1 show in 2018 and he mentioned it and it was obvious. He sounded pretty bad until the wine kicked in. Then cancelled the next night, which I wasn't seeing anyway.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    MD190661 said:
    Did Eddie said he was sick or was it just obvious? I saw the London 1 show in 2018 and he mentioned it and it was obvious. He sounded pretty bad until the wine kicked in. Then cancelled the next night, which I wasn't seeing anyway.
    Ed said he had the flu and Matt had COVID. Ed Sounded great but was winded/tired and leaned on Mike a couple times, notably for the unprompted Eruption when he asked Mike to kill some time to regain/rest. Show energy was still off the charts. I dislike the quantity of shows this time around but if it means this much energy and tightness musically it feels like a decent trade. 
  • Options
    bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    Really interested to know, from a music / musicians POV - what was Josh like on drums? were they still as tight as a band? Any improv reviews? Saw Josh play with PJ first time in Amsterdam last year...Purple rain blew my mind!
    I saw about 7-8 songs via live stream, he played solid and did a great job but you could tell he was a little sloppy at times and unsure about some parts.. overall given the situation, he killed it.
    I am a pretend drummer and I was truly impressed with some of the odd and unique notes he did hit correctly, he obviously practiced and listened intently or is really truly gifted he didn't go full Dave a but the rawness and uniqueness was a pleasure
  • Options
    SvootSvoot Posts: 12
    Probably one of the the best shows I’d ever seen them play! Just wish Matt a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    Matt is back
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    AHHH just getting a chance to log in.  I'm the astrophysicist Ed dedicated GTF to.  Yield is my favorite album.  I'm still reeling - just cannot believe it.  What a show!!!
    That is awesome!! What an amazing night. The show was great. I am so happy for you. He gave you a great dedication. 
  • Options
    Yessssssss
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    This show was great in a different way as it was filled with familiar favorites. I though Josh did great on the drums for the night. My friend I was with for N1 was more a casual fan so I was really happy he got a lot of songs that he knew and that the deeper cuts were saved for N2. 
  • Options
    I managed to score the best seats I've ever had at a PJ show being side stage by Stone & Boom.  It was an amazing view especially during Crazy Mary seeing Boom really shine.  Josh.....unreal. Like others mentioned, he brought a bright light to the stage and made the show feel really special.  Seeing him interact with fans at the PJ Wrigley game in Chicago, smiling behind the drums in Ft. Worth, and filling the soundscape with his talents somehow made me an even bigger fan of him if that's possible.

This is a really "inside baseball" question & something that's not my business to know, but I do wonder how Josh is compensated by the band.  Flat rate per show in his backup position?  All of MFC's compensation because he filled in on drums?  Obviously, he has done well for himself and is not in it for the money, but being in the music industry years ago, it was a conversation a few of us had after this show.

I really hope we will get more shows in 2024 regardless of location.  Like Wayne's World, if PJ books them, we will come!

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    AHHH just getting a chance to log in.  I'm the astrophysicist Ed dedicated GTF to.  Yield is my favorite album.  I'm still reeling - just cannot believe it.  What a show!!!
    NICE!!!

Like your reaction.

• Options
    Beautiful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    It was cool seeing her dedication. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    Does anyone have a good close shot (Video) of Wishlist and Ed's intro to it...?  I am compiling all the vids I can find of it to make a single video and I just don't have a good close up.  A video of it from the pit would be perfect.   
  • Options
    TheebsTheebs Posts: 35
    Theebs said:
    Does anyone have a good close shot (Video) of Wishlist and Ed's intro to it...?  I am compiling all the vids I can find of it to make a single video and I just don't have a good close up.  A video of it from the pit would be perfect.   
    For fun I grabbed as many vids of the show as I could find and made a quick edit of wishlist/Do the evolution.  These shows were so great.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRmxX63UMsM
  • Options
    SvootSvoot Posts: 12
    I know trying to pick your favorite Pearl Jam show is like trying to pick your favorite child, but jeez this show was fire!
  • Options
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻