Options

*** Ft Worth, TX 1 Fanviews Here 9/13/23 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
edited September 2023 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Dickies Arena
Ft. Worth, TX
09/13/23
Show one of two
Set List

Opening Band: Deep Sea Diver

Walk on music: Phillip Glass-Metamorphosis 8:51
Band onstage 8:52
Band offstage 11:27

Josh Klinghoffer Drums.  No Matt Cameron

01. Oceans
02. Footsteps
03.  All Those Yesterdays
04. Daughter/Chaise Longue-(Teasdale, Chambers, Mobaraki) Wet Leg-40 seconds. Another Brick In The Wall Part 2-Waters-45 seconds
05. Black
06. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
07. Present Tense
08. Corduroy
09. Mind Your Manners
10. Even Flow
(Dedicates next song to Astrophysicist Amber Straughn)
11. Given To Fly
12. Pilate
13. Hail Hail
14. Eruption-(Van Halen)
15. Satan’s Bed
16. Untitled
17. MFC
18. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney) 56 seconds
19. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break

20. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
(Ed puts on a mirror ball helmet and sparkle jacket)
21. Wishlist
22. Do The Evolution
23. Lukin (plays slow version for end)
24. Porch
25. Alive
26. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
27. Indifference

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    edited September 2023
    Blown away

the ability to make this happen was awe inspiring, felt for them & Matt & Ed

Got chills throughout

friday gonna be hard to top, in GA

thanks guys. I was nervous flyin down… what a kickoff to (4) Texas shows

• Options
    Thank you Josh!

Great show thank you for guys for making it happen.

However shame on the GA crowd you sucked! No energy looked like statues
  • Options
    USA G.A is a different thing to any G.A I've been in
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Sugarloafer04Sugarloafer04 Telluride CO // Brooklyn NY Posts: 256
    Fucking great show. 
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway night 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    edited September 2023
    Josh was the closest thing we had to Dave a in 30 years he did such a great job for him :-) Eddie sounded great tonight the whole band was on fire really impressed hope Matt and everybody is feeling better soon
  • Options
    Wouldnt have known Ed was sick really, sounded killer! As did all of them. 

Mike seemed to be in a different world of awesome. Great people all around. 3 to go!! 

Pilate and Satans Bed were great surprises
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,558
    edited September 2023
    Incredible effort by the band, it was obvious Ed was struggling and Mike looked under the weather as well but he was fire as always. Not For You was my personal highlight. Hail Hail was so good to finally get back. Satans Bed was a complete shock, but didn’t sound great.
    Josh did a great job to be plugged in with that setlist, but they were definitely off. Crowd was meh. Upper deck and back 100s were seated. 
    The second half of the main set was fucking awesome.
    Anyone else think the acoustics in that arena was bad? I was in GA and it took me a minute to recognize songs a few times. Stone was very low.
    After 4 shows this tour, I’m noticing that Ed isn’t playing his guitar parts as much; especially on Not For You and RVM.
    The guy that threw the severed hand on stage was next to me with his girlfriend. They were fucking brutal to be next to.
    Overall, very happy they made this show happen, super impressed. Hoping for MC to be back on Friday and Ed to be back to 100%.

Mind Your Manners - This one is about ‘protocol’.
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    ChydroChydro Posts: 19
    edited September 2023
    Other than MYM, nothing newer than 1998. Good stuff. See you Friday.

Post edited by Chydro on
  • Options

• Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    Maybe my ears suck but damn, I thought EV sounded good and band was decent considering different drummer. Sound in GA also wasn’t bad at all. I was surprised. I never do GA and except for Fenway2 2016 I’ve never been this close since 1995. And sound to me was good. Friends in back of arena said fans were lame which I expected in FW on a Wednesday night. But I am over the moon. 3 more shows to go. Hopefully everything gets even better. Tonight’s setlist was sick! How do they top it? Still buzzing 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    edited September 2023
    :)
    Post edited by RunIntoTheRain on
  • Options
    gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 155
    edited September 2023
    Sounds like a great show all things considered. I saw them on a Tuesday in Memphis 2014 and ed was sick and barely had a voice. Still played a full 3 hours but his voice was a pretty rough and asked the crowd for help with a decent amount of songs. The other members went extra hard to make up for it and I liked the setlist but still haven’t listened to the full bootleg cause I have so many others with great vocals. I saw them again 5 days later in St. Paul and ed sounded 100% with no issues at all (with Detroit and Moline in between). Saw them again the next day in Milwaukee and sounded just as good. Hopefully he continues to recover and finishes the tour strong. A less than perfect show is still much better than a cancellation. Had pit tickets for Vegas after striking out in 2020 lottery and just recently got over that disappointment after the 2 St Paul shows. Instead of spending that night in vegas watching PJ we spent it at Rod Stewart for $25 instead. I’ll take Josh filling in over that any day 
    Post edited by gobr0309 on
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Solo / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 580
    All I can say is I am happy for all that the show managed to go ahead.  Great setlist.  Well done to all for managing to put on a show, especially Josh!
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Great show! Maybe best of the tour. Could just be me seeing them in the town where I was born. Also being glad to be back home in Texas from a disappointing Indy trip. Before this, personal favorites were both N2’s in St. Paul and Chicago. 
         Josh killed it. Worked his ass off on drums. Mike was possessed. Stone brought it and was loving it. Jeff and Boom solid as always. I could tell Ed was fighting through it somewhat. Having to blow his nose  by the drum kit, coughing pretty bad and spitting out some gunk on stage at least once. That being said he still was in good voice and had great energy. Saw Mike drinking the same tea I guess Ed had. They are all obviously trying to get to 100% for the rest of the shows. I can’t wait for Friday in the pit!!! Then on to Austin!!!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    It sounds like Josh was a stud.
  • Options
    bjmjpl said:
    Josh was the closest thing we had to Dave a in 30 years he did such a great job for him :-) Eddie sounded great tonight the whole band was on fire really impressed hope Matt and everybody is feeling better soon
    Haha
  • Options
    Is it the same version of slow lukin than Budapest 2022 ?
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    Chydro said:
    Other than MYM, nothing newer than 1998. Good stuff. 

they must have figured out no one wants to hear anything off the last three albums. that said, I’m cautiously optimistic the next album may break this string of mediocrity. it needs to.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    edited September 2023
    Wobbie said:
    Chydro said:
    Other than MYM, nothing newer than 1998. Good stuff. 

they must have figured out no one wants to hear anything off the last three albums. that said, I’m cautiously optimistic the next album may break this string of mediocrity. it needs to.
    I think it's got more to do with choosing songs that Josh is most familiar with, drum- wise. It was the same last year when Matt was out. The shows leaned much more on the early albums. But if you look at the other setlists on this tour, they've been actively digging into the more recent albums. 
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    What an awesome setlist- oceans, footsteps, ATY, pilate, hail hail, satan’s bed, untitled/MFC, NFY- wow! It’s amazing they were able to pull this off with Ed being sick and without Matt. Wish I could’ve been there! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    1998 yield tour all over again. Love it.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    So have you been in a USA GA? Because you seem to say this daily. Biggest misconception ever, by the way. Only difference is there are a lot less neurotic Euros that smell like BO in US pits. Oh, and no foreigners trying to write numbers on peoples hands. 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,968
    LBCeddie said:
    So have you been in a USA GA? Because you seem to say this daily. Biggest misconception ever, by the way. Only difference is there are a lot less neurotic Euros that smell like BO in US pits. Oh, and no foreigners trying to write numbers on peoples hands. 
    Haha! Amazing. You do realise you’re the foreigner if you are in another country?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    fl247556 said:
    Is it the same version of slow lukin than Budapest 2022 ?
    No, it was after the regular version and shorter. Just 15-30 seconds. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    CS6127CS6127 Plano, TX Posts: 33
    Great sound from lower level sidestage, epic Mike solo (EV said possibly best he's ever seen from him).  Lots of energy, excellent RVM to close out first set.  One of my favorite shows, this was prob #25.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Is that flu wine that Ed's passing out?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CS6127CS6127 Plano, TX Posts: 33
    Adding in shot of mirrored costume for Wishlist.  Band was having fun last night.
  • Options
    LBCeddie said:
    I will be polite although you failed to be.
    Watch a video of Poland then watch one of any of the last 3 shows.  Don't forget to imagine the smell also.  Jeez. Why so personal.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Oh and I would add maybe in a good way. Euro is bordered on dangerous. USA seems not. So cool your jets big man.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    CS6127 said:
    Adding in shot of mirrored costume for Wishlist.  Band was having fun last night.
    That's a beautiful picture.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07