Options

New album article in SPIN

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Matt Cameron on fire on this one? Band getting their ass kicked by Watt? Yep. Awesome!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,180
    Mike is so honest & gets what it’s all about. Excited for this next chapter, keep reaching and pushing things

just rolled into ft worth, excited for these 4 shows! 
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,470
    I'm hyped 

[Insert giantdancingstikcfigure.jpg]
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    This all sounds very promising 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,133
    I'm excited 
  • Options
    "He wants us to sound like the energy of the early days, with music that is of the present."

Uhhh....ok?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    "He wants us to sound like the energy of the early days, with music that is of the present."

Uhhh....ok?
    Vs with trap beats
  • Options
    This makes me excited.  I have wanted them to make music in the studio and not just bring finished demos.   Looking forward to it.  I miss the guitar riffs.  
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,191
    This makes me excited.  I have wanted them to make music in the studio and not just bring finished demos.   Looking forward to it.  I miss the guitar riffs.  
    Hopefully Stone does too
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    spankyMP said:
    Hopefully Stone does too
    Listening to the 2 Painted Shield albums and the new Brad album, I would say Stone still loves the riffs!
  • Options
    Never doubt stones riffs. Unless he tries another buckle up. Then we might have a problem 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 200
    Would just love some new music to spin - at this point would really love a Lost Dogs II if that was all we got.  2024 seems so far away in many regards.
  • Options
    I wonder if the goal is to tighten up the record after tour and roll it out in the late winter/spring.

• Options
    BC62528 said:
    Would just love some new music to spin - at this point would really love a Lost Dogs II if that was all we got.  2024 seems so far away in many regards.
    It sure seems far away after Sunday
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    wrote as a band in the studio. THAT. WILL. BE. EPIC. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,191
    Never doubt stones riffs. Unless he tries another buckle up. Then we might have a problem 
    I want every album to have 5 Stone riffs. On Gigaton all we got from Stone was Buckle Up.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    spankyMP said:
    I want every album to have 5 Stone riffs. On Gigaton all we got from Stone was Buckle Up.
    It seems clear now in retrospect that Gigaton was very much Jeff’s album. Stone & Mike both seemed kinda sidelined, certainly in terms of writing but even some in the playing. 
    Which is why I’m fascinated by the current (or at least recent) dynamic where Stone & now Mike both say “it’s really really close” and Jeff is like “I dunno, maybe halfway?”. It seems like maybe they don’t want the same thing from this record.
    Personally? Jeff had his turn last time, let’s hear what the guitarists have up their sleeves.
    And I agree, the idea of them writing together in to room sounds like a great change from the last few.
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 253
    kmcmanus said:
    BC62528 said:
    It sure seems far away after Sunday
    Seconded!  I know the sting will fade with time..but knowing everyone else is goin get their shows brings pain…Also knowing I can’t make the show (if they actually reschedule)…so I’m just left with tickets of no value to me…someone is going to get some great seats if they redo it in 2024!
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Portland 5-10-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    Will it be autotuned like Andrew Watts Rolling Stone-single?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No, just uprezzed
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    No, just uprezzed
    Ouch. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    No, just uprezzed
    Let's hope that "editing error" on the drums at the start of the Rolling Stones single that Justin Hawkins couldn't get over, isn't present on Matt Camerons drums! THEN SO HELP ME GOD
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    No, just uprezzed
    I don't understand this. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The uprezzed Single Video Theory!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    No, just uprezzed
    Let's hope that "editing error" on the drums at the start of the Rolling Stones single that Justin Hawkins couldn't get over, isn't present on Matt Camerons drums! THEN SO HELP ME GOD
    How does he know it's an error and not intentional? I don't really hear it. I just hope our guys' first single gets 14 million views or better in the first 7 days.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,003
    igotid88 said:
    No, just uprezzed
    How does he know it's an error and not intentional? I don't really hear it. I just hope our guys' first single gets 14 million views or better in the first 7 days.
    In the video where he goes through the song it sounds like an obvious error/glitch and not part of the song. I never heard it in any versions I’ve listened to (Spotify, radio, Apple Music) 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,089
    edited September 2023
    igotid88 said:
    No, just uprezzed
    Don't remember. Don't know. Even put it in quotes because I don't hear it myself. But it is fun watching him hear it and reacting to it. 

I don't need to compare our guys to the rolling stones, but I do hope they beat the all-time-viewing count of Sweet Child of Mine and the song is at least as good as Lisa Nilsson's Himlen runt hörnet
  • Options
    DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 130
    I don't generally comment on their recording process because it is what it is and however they do it, I'm just gad we get it. That said... the thought of them going in empty and these musicians writing and working up tunes together in a room is exactly what I have dreamed about. 

My stoke for this record is off the charts. Whatever it will be I bet it will certainly be of the moment. In the moment. A present energy. I have zero notes on what they have done in the past but also, I am here for this band being a band and owning it as a unit. 

Bring. It. On. <3 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Uhhh....ok?
    Vs with trap beats

lol, how did you know trap beats was exactly what I was thinking?
  • Options
    What's interesting is the way he talks about it is as if it's done and ready