Pearl Jam 2023 tour merch

Comments

• ekim997ekim997 Posts: 201
    Not going to the show tonight (or any on this tour) but if there’s someone out there that would be willing to pick me up the event T shirt in XL, I’d really appreciate it! Will pay for it and shipping of course and send a little extra for your troubles. PM me. Thanks!

• I estimate the merch line is twice as long as GA. I’m going to have lunch and drinks and take my chances later or inside. 

2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Fenway N1
    2018 - Wrigley N1
    2022 - Oakland N1
    2023 - St Paul N1
    2024 - Wrigley N2
  • It's bitter sweet. The merch looks great but also means it is going to be very hard to get.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    As a Rangers/Knicks fan going to Chicago, this makes my life a little easier next week.
  • DozierDozier Posts: 31
    Dozier said:
    Dozier said:
    CopperTom said:
    Dozier said:
    Typically how fast do they sell out of the local shirts?  If you're not in line today, are you out of luck?
    You can probably get them inside tonight.  Tomorrow would be a gamble.
    At St. Louis last year the merch line was insane inside the venue.  I was hoping to get to the merch stand during the tomorrow, but that doesn't sound like an option.
    Yeah you either have to commit to getting in the merch line 2 hours early or lining up to get in the show 2 hours early to make sure you get what you want. 
    So frustrating.
    It really blows...I mentioned in another thread that I was at the QOTSA show in Nashville a few weeks ago and walked right in at show time and posters were available for that nights show and a few shows before that. No problem getting shirts, etc. 

I know PJ has a bigger following but damn it's insane.
    And they know who bought tickets, so having a post show sale online and making a second run for confirmed ticketholders wouldn't be that much of a challenge.
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do people actually use items like Pearl Jam duffel bags outside the house? 
    Yes. Perfect to bring my shit into Cubs games. 
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    Show specific merch is 🔥
    They at least stepped it up there. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Robbert said:
    JojoRice said:

Merch line
    And where is the end?
    Ends at the end of the block currently...
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Dozier said:
    Dozier said:
    CopperTom said:
    Dozier said:
    Typically how fast do they sell out of the local shirts?  If you're not in line today, are you out of luck?
    At St. Louis last year the merch line was insane inside the venue.  I was hoping to get to the merch stand during the tomorrow, but that doesn't sound like an option.
    Yeah you either have to commit to getting in the merch line 2 hours early or lining up to get in the show 2 hours early to make sure you get what you want. 
    So frustrating.
    It really blows...I mentioned in another thread that I was at the QOTSA show in Nashville a few weeks ago and walked right in at show time and posters were available for that nights show and a few shows before that. No problem getting shirts, etc. 

Yeah it really is insane.  I used to get all worked up about the merch but as I've gotten older I really don't care.  I'll try to grab a shirt inside the venue and if I really like the poster I'll track it down.  I'd much rather experience the city I'm visiting than stand in a line for hours.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    I did that in L.A. and I still couldn’t get a show specific shirt. All the L and XL were cleaned out by the 🤡 🤡 🤡 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Dozier said:
    Dozier said:
    CopperTom said:
    Dozier said:
    So frustrating.

Yeah it really is insane.  I used to get all worked up about the merch but as I've gotten older I really don't care.  I'll try to grab a shirt inside the venue and if I really like the poster I'll track it down.  I'd much rather experience the city I'm visiting than stand in a line for hours.
    This is the first time I really feel this way too, but I have always understood the sentiment. This merch is really nice and it is going to be really hard to get. And as always people who won't be at the show will get it. I have to work some, remotely, and I am meeting a guy to get in with my tickets tonight and I just don't know how much time I have for it. May go check out the line here in a minute, but not confident.

They have done better in my mind of having more stuff lately, but maybe I am just overthinking it, but it is still tough go. It would be nice to have a ticketholder option for those who don't want to play the game.
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    PJammin' said:
    I did that in L.A. and I still couldn’t get a show specific shirt. All the L and XL were cleaned out by the 🤡 🤡 🤡 
    Thats because they let the first 2 people outside in LA day 1 buy 100/200 shirts
  • Dozier said:
    Dozier said:
    CopperTom said:
    Dozier said:
    So frustrating.

⬆️ This. 100%. I got everything I wanted inside at Oakland. Don’t wear the shirt and the poster is in a tube. Lunch and drinks with good people is what I want now. 

2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Fenway N1
    2018 - Wrigley N1
    2022 - Oakland N1
    2023 - St Paul N1
    2024 - Wrigley N2
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    Dozier said:
    Dozier said:
    CopperTom said:
    Dozier said:
    So frustrating.

This is the first time I really feel this way too, but I have always understood the sentiment. This merch is really nice and it is going to be really hard to get. And as always people who won't be at the show will get it. I have to work some, remotely, and I am meeting a guy to get in with my tickets tonight and I just don't know how much time I have for it. May go check out the line here in a minute, but not confident.

They have done better in my mind of having more stuff lately, but maybe I am just overthinking it, but it is still tough go. It would be nice to have a ticketholder option for those who don't want to play the game.
    yeah or just sell the shit online. If I managed PJ I would put all that shit online and just have a local shop make it to order. That isn't a radical concept.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • I wouldn’t get too worked up about posters.  Any I couldn’t get at the shows last year appeared in the online store in the fall/winter.
  • I wouldn’t get too worked up about posters.  Any I couldn’t get at the shows last year appeared in the online store in the fall/winter.
    One of the first times ever it's the other stuff I want! Although I'll still get a poster.

I have taken the approach if I have to eBay it it is what it is. I am not going to lose sleep over this. Although I have gotten most everything I've ever wanted on site and enjoy the merch game. But I am also not going to waste six hours in line doing it.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    I wouldn’t get too worked up about posters.  Any I couldn’t get at the shows last year appeared in the online store in the fall/winter.
    One of the first times ever it's the other stuff I want! Although I'll still get a poster.

I have taken the approach if I have to eBay it it is what it is. I am not going to lose sleep over this. Although I have gotten most everything I've ever wanted on site and enjoy the merch game. But I am also not going to waste six hours in line doing it.
    same here....I tend to go over and check the merch lines day of show but I don't know why. I know it's going to be long as hell and I'm not willing to stand in line for more than an hour.

Ebay has always worked good for me. There is still a strategy to it though....just wait a few weeks for poster prices to drop and you'll get one. Same with shirts. I bought an elephant shirt at the Oakland show...washed it and ended up with some sort of fucking stains on it from fabric softener or something. I snagged another on ebay no problem.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • stanudesstanudes Posts: 117
    Billy Strings Knoxville last week, you had to prove you were a ticket holder to purchase from outdoor merch. Thought that was great. 
    Not sure if they did that for Huntsville as well or not. 
  • The only thing I haven't gotten off eBay if I didn't get it at the show was an OKC shirt last year. Price just never dropped and I didn't like it enough.

I have gotten a handful of things years later after I decided I wanted them, like stickers.
  • lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 383
    It’s already been said but if someone snags an extra duffel bag or goalie mask t shirt (large) I will pay for shipping and everything. Completely understand if you don’t want to drag along extra merch tho. 
  • The basketballs will forever be $200+ on eBay, long after this tour.
  • stanudes said:
    Billy Strings Knoxville last week, you had to prove you were a ticket holder to purchase from outdoor merch. Thought that was great. 

I LOVE that.  Gives the ticket purchased (not inexpensively) much more value.
  • I also always thought it would be a great idea for optional online merchandise purchases with ticket proof so ensure the ticket holder gets something and not having the carry the sh*t around. 
  • DozierDozier Posts: 31
    Dozier said:
    Dozier said:
    CopperTom said:
    Dozier said:
    So frustrating.

I have to adopt this attitude.  The shirts are cool but I have plenty of PJ shirts and do I really need more?  No.  Need to shift my mentality to the experience until the make the merch "experience" better.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    stanudes said:
    I saw one guy in Nashville last year who was just a flipper. He paid people to let him in line, then would hit his merch limit and do it all over again. he made 3-4 different purchases and no one would say anything to him. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Kwieneke said:
    stanudes said:
    I saw one guy in Nashville last year who was just a flipper. He paid people to let him in line, then would hit his merch limit and do it all over again. he made 3-4 different purchases and no one would say anything to him. 
    In NY/NJ we would kill this guy.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    bigdeath said:
    ISO Nutsack Vulture please
    Me first dammit!!!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    bigdeath said:
    ISO Nutsack Vulture please
    Nothing personal, but if you get a nutsack vulture before @tempo_n_groove then these forums will burn down!  ;)
    AMENT to that!