Pearl Jam 2023 tour merch

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    tschav said:
    Habit4me said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    pjl44 said:
    Habit4me said:
    I can't even imagine the stacks of those Beth posters that will be collecting dust in the 10C warehouse for the next several years. Nice gesture by the artist, but I really hope they only printed a limited run on those. Because.....who (outside of close friends and family) is framing that and hanging in their house?!?!
    Jeeze a little respect
    For real, though...my God.  Sometimes I would like to take some of these tchotchkes that some of you wait in 4 hour lines for show 

Let me state this again:

1.) Very nice gesture of the artist for doing this print.

2.) I hope he didn't print out thousands of these because, again, who outside of friends and family of Beth are going to purchase this poster and proudly display it??  WEIRD.

Not the first tribute poster the band has made, and I’ve had this on my wall for 14 years:
    2009 Chicago poster (tribute for a friend of the band)

First thing I thought of when I saw three new Chicago Post
  • We got a late start from Southern Illinois heading to Chicago. If someone in line is willing to pick me up a basketball caricature poster I will pay for your poster as well. DM me. 
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    JBob87 said:
    mikeliska said:
    RS65573 said:
    What is what is the significance of the hawk?
    “The Hawk” is a term for the wind or Windy City.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=50DYQYqBUrs
    I've lived here my entire life and never once heard anyone reference the Hawk as a term for Chicago.

It's a black hawk holding a hockey stick at a concert played at the United Center, where the Chicago Blackhawks play hockey.
    Their mascot is also a…

Now why he is an astronaut?! That is a legit good question
    Why not? I mean, if he can be on ice skates …  Really cool poster. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,541
    We got a late start from Southern Illinois heading to Chicago. If someone in line is willing to pick me up a basketball caricature poster I will pay for your poster as well. DM me. 
    I’ve heard merch is super messed up today. Adjacent to Nashville last year. Issues with cashing people out, not opening on time 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    edited September 2023
    JBob87 said:
    mikeliska said:
    RS65573 said:

I've lived here my entire life and never once heard anyone reference the Hawk as a term for Chicago.

It's a black hawk holding a hockey stick at a concert played at the United Center, where the Chicago Blackhawks play hockey.
    Their mascot is also a…

Now why he is an astronaut?! That is a legit good question
    Is he an astronaut or is that the future Earth wasteland after we fuck it up some more? I mean, unless they built a replica of the Sears Tower on Mars, or wherever that is supposed to be. You wouldn't be able to see Saturn like that from Mars, so maybe one of Saturn's moons? But none of Saturn's moons are red like Mars. Maybe it's an exoplanet (or exomoon) in a system with a red dwarf. Hopefully it has some water ice or that stick isn't going to be very useful.
    edit: And you could say that Tommy made a quick escape. ;)
    Post edited by mattcoz on
    bockcw said:
    mikeliska said:
    RS65573 said:

I think the Hawk is Algonquin for "The Good Land"
    Are there any references to the Native people? If it’s just a bird, what a bad and wrong take. 
    Use Native imagery. People get upset. Don't use Native imagery. People get upset. Sigh.

Kwieneke said:
    We got a late start from Southern Illinois heading to Chicago. If someone in line is willing to pick me up a basketball caricature poster I will pay for your poster as well. DM me. 
    I’ve heard merch is super messed up today. Adjacent to Nashville last year. Issues with cashing people out, not opening on time 
    Glad I have to work. I'll be taking my chances inside then going tomorrow if I strike out.
  • Kwieneke said:
    Sounds like my day so far. 
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 397
    Anyone seen a list of inside merch section locations like they listed for St. Paul?
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    mattcoz said:
    bockcw said:
    mikeliska said:
    RS65573 said:

Are there any references to the Native people? If it’s just a bird, what a bad and wrong take. 
    Use Native imagery. People get upset. Don't use Native imagery. People get upset. Sigh.

I think this was a reference to Wayne's World.  And "Milwaukee" translates to "the good land" from various Native American languages.  
  • Got on line at 930. Exited 2pm.    Indoors ran out of balls. Duffles. And Ames 
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,098
    Got on line at 930. Exited 2pm.    Indoors ran out of balls. Duffles. And Ames 
    Is the Ames tshirt sold out or still inventory?
    Trying at doors tonight and want to know if I have a chance or not.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Feels like the outside line hit a wall. 
  • Damn, typically I try to only by shirts and posters of shows I was at but that Bulls t-shirt is dope!

If someone in line would be willing to pick me up a XL I'd gladly throw you a decent tip for doing so - PM please.
    GT1015 said:
    mattcoz said:
    bockcw said:
    mikeliska said:
    RS65573 said:

I think this was a reference to Wayne's World.  And "Milwaukee" translates to "the good land" from various Native American languages.  
    Oh, I know, I got that, I meant the reply.

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    NYJayhawk said:
    Feels like the outside line hit a wall. 
    I've moved like 30' in an hour.

This sucks.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    I grew up during the 90s Bulls run, I've got one of those old shirts, but I still think I'm going to pass on that poster and shirt. The Mark 5 poster is more to my liking, and I'm a bigger Hawks fan these days too. Sounds like it'll be the easier one to get, true?
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    KS80184 said:
    Anyone seen a list of inside merch section locations like they listed for St. Paul?
    I was looking for this same info.  I think there is a large Bulls team store across from section 117 but I'm not sure where all the other merch locations are in the UC.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • Is anybody in line willing/able to pick me up the charactiure poster and/or shirt? I can venmo/paypal now and chip in some extra.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    Got on line at 930. Exited 2pm.    Indoors ran out of balls. Duffles. And Ames 
    So now all of those people who waited in line get hosed  -  wild stuff. And then what happens tomorrow? Will they replenish because they're also selling merch tomorrow.  They get pretty much everything right but for some wild reason cannot figure out this stuff.
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
    For whatever it's worth, I've been on line for3 hours and the line in front of me is about the same length as behind me.

If you get here now, you'll be in and out in like 30 mins.
    The line ends like 15' outside the arena gate right now.
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,098
    Are there caricature/Bulls tshirts still or sold
    out?
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • mattcoz said:
    bockcw said:
    mikeliska said:
    RS65573 said:

The team is named after a Chief…not a bird. 

And celebrated by the Native community. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    mattcoz said:
    bockcw said:
    mikeliska said:
    RS65573 said:

The team is named after a Chief…not a bird. 

And celebrated by the Native community. 
    Technically, the team is named after the 86th infantry division. That group took their name from Black Hawk, because the people in that division were from Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota, and they were first established in Rockford.  

But yeah, I agree.  The First People have been supportive of the name, and the team has done a moderately decent job actually helping those communities.  The logo really doesnt look anything like chief black hawk, but they have been mostly supportive of it. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    There are people walking up to the inside line now getting in faster than me on the outside line, and I've been here 3+ hours.

Fucking ridiculous.

The outside line is a goddamn joke.
  • Saltzy23 said:
    There are people walking up to the inside line now getting in faster than me on the outside line, and I've been here 3+ hours.

Fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, this is definitely not ideal. Wonder what’s going on
    NYJayhawk said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, this is definitely not ideal. Wonder what’s going on

Rumor is they swapped out cashiers.

I've been staring at the same guy ahead of me in line for an hour and he has not moved.

People are starting to get pissed.

I'm one of those people.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Saltzy23 said:

Fucking ridiculous.

Wait, how are people getting inside yet?  I thought the doors opened at 6:30?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    RS65573 said:
    Chicago Blackhawks
    Andre Dawson also?(