Pearl Jam 2023 tour merch

Comments

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Maybe it's just me, but given Tomo77's black/red style would've been interesting to see in a Chicago poster (Blackhawks or Bulls) vs St Paul.

Digging the non-baseball vibe & variety for Chicago... really interested to see what else they have up their sleeves for night 2.
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    edited September 2023
    I can't even imagine the stacks of those Beth posters that will be collecting dust in the 10C warehouse for the next several years. Nice gesture by the artist, but I really hope they only printed a limited run on those. Because.....who (outside of close friends and family) is framing that and hanging in their house?!?!
  • jomary said:
    The line in St Paul did not move fast, day 1 got there an hour before open, took 4 hours to get to the front.  The line in Chicago already looks longer from the earlier picture.  Also almost everything show specific was gone by the time I got to the front.  Stickers and buttons were gone as I got up there.

The only thing that was there was the N1 poster, but then again there were still stacks of those at the end of N2 and I never saw them sell out anywhere outside or inside….

Thanks for posting this. You've convinced me to let the merch go and just enjoy the shows. Good luck to everyone!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    wwsuicide said:
    pdalowsky said:
    So are the bags and balls really limited or in good supply?

Seemed very limited from St Paul shows.  Plus they didn’t ration them properly.  Only had a handful inside the venue day of show 2. 
    urrgghhhh, cheers mate
  • mpercontemperconte Posts: 5
    edited September 2023
    mperconte said:
    Anyone in the merch line at the UC yet?? How is the line looking??
    Update here. Line is long. Comparable to some of the Wrigley 2016 shows where the line wrapped a few blocks. Some of the people at the front of the line were in line at 4am. If you're looking for a drop-off point, Monroe and Wood is good. 
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    The "Hawk" refers to the icy-cold, damp winds that blow into Chicago off of Lake Michigan every winter.
  • jomary said:
    The line in St Paul did not move fast, day 1 got there an hour before open, took 4 hours to get to the front.  The line in Chicago already looks longer from the earlier picture.  Also almost everything show specific was gone by the time I got to the front.  Stickers and buttons were gone as I got up there.

The only thing that was there was the N1 poster, but then again there were still stacks of those at the end of N2 and I never saw them sell out anywhere outside or inside….
    St. Paul N1 probably ruined me on waiting in merch lines outside. Might not be a bad thing. But same as you about an hour early and it didn't even seem that long to me (I still really believe it was one of the shortest I have ever gotten in). It took the longest, though. I did get everything eventwise but a shirt, though. 
  • RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 377
    edited September 2023
    wwsuicide said:
    pdalowsky said:
    So are the bags and balls really limited or in good supply?

Seemed very limited from St Paul shows.  Plus they didn’t ration them properly.  Only had a handful inside the venue day of show 2. 
    Very disappointed in the distribution. We can debate the aspects of offering pre or online sales to ticket holders or 10C ticket holders or whatever until we're blue in the face, but they should at least have more available inside for both shows than outside. I was maybe 10 back at the merch booth inside on N2 and they had no bags and only one ball. Just stupid. Not everyone went to N1 and definitely not everyone wants to get in line at 4 a.m. outside in-between shows to get stuff. I did get all the N2 event stuff easily, but I heard some comments that shirts and maybe even stickers became short supply really fast. 
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,244
    Just to give an idea of how long and slow the lines are…my buddy lined up on Friday for MN a little before 10am. He purchased a poster and tshirt at 2pm. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Just to give an idea of how long and slow the lines are…my buddy lined up on Friday for MN a little before 10am. He purchased a poster and tshirt at 2pm. 
    That's crazy.  They really need to just put this stuff on the website.  I know there is a ton of shipping and stuff involved with that, and this is easier, but wow.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • If they printed only a couple hundred of those posters, tons of people would be clamoring to get one. Collectors. "Grail". LOL.
    A very cool tribute, either way.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    edited September 2023
    Have they done multiple posters for one show before? I was a huge Bulls/Jordan fan when I was a kid. I had so many Jordan posters I had to put them on my bedroom ceiling. I also remember going out shopping the day after the first championship to get the t-shirt just like the caricature poster. So that's pretty cool for me, although they kind of missed the mark on Mike. I like the hawk poster even more though.
    Post edited by Jcanr20 on
  • Jcanr20 said:
    Have they done multiple posters for one show before? I was a huge Bulls/Jordan fan when I was a kid. I had so many Jordan posters I had to put them on my bedroom ceiling. I also remember going out shopping the day after the first championship to get the t-shirt just like the caricature poster. So that's pretty cool for me. I like the hawk poster even more though.
    I think the first Wrigley show 16’ had 5 posters correct?
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    Jcanr20 said:
    Have they done multiple posters for one show before? I was a huge Bulls/Jordan fan when I was a kid. I had so many Jordan posters I had to put them on my bedroom ceiling. I also remember going out shopping the day after the first championship to get the t-shirt just like the caricature poster. So that's pretty cool for me. I like the hawk poster even more though.
    I think the first Wrigley show 16’ had 5 posters correct?
    The ‘18 stadium shows had multiples as well
  • Million Keynes had 3 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • bockcw said:
    The jersey is great.  The Bulls poster reminds me a bit too much of one of those bad caricature drawings you get done at a state fair or amusement park.  Guess that’s the intent, but doesn’t do it for me.

But merch don’t matter—- have a great show everyone

Brings me back to the glory days!
    bulls championship cartoon shirt
    Ahh, makes sense.  I think I even had one of those Bulls shirts back in the day, but didn't make the connection. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    2013 Wrigley show had multiple posters
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    No.  Your buddy is wrong.  The Friday merch line (between shows) was not that slow.  I got in line at 10:30 and was back home by noon.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,151
    Habit4me said:
    I can't even imagine the stacks of those Beth posters that will be collecting dust in the 10C warehouse for the next several years. Nice gesture by the artist, but I really hope they only printed a limited run on those. Because.....who (outside of close friends and family) is framing that and hanging in their house?!?!
    Jeeze a little respect
  • pjl44 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Jeeze a little respect
    For real, though...my God.  Sometimes I would like to take some of these tchotchkes that some of you wait in 4 hour lines for show after show and cram them up your collective asses.  The person on this aforementioned poster passed away for Christ's sake.  
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Jcanr20 said:
    Have they done multiple posters for one show before? I was a huge Bulls/Jordan fan when I was a kid. I had so many Jordan posters I had to put them on my bedroom ceiling. I also remember going out shopping the day after the first championship to get the t-shirt just like the caricature poster. So that's pretty cool for me, although they kind of missed the mark on Mike. I like the hawk poster even more though.
    London last year as well 
  • Mr. Fixer said:
    pjl44 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Jeeze a little respect
    For real, though...my God.  Sometimes I would like to take some of these tchotchkes that some of you wait in 4 hour lines for show after show and cram them up your collective asses.  The person on this aforementioned poster passed away for Christ's sake.  
    People don’t care - how early can I line up to buy a ton of merch that I’ll immediately post on eBay & make $100 a poster.  
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178

• I’m further back in the line. Someone just mentioned them not opening yet (it’s 12:30), that true?
  • Mr. Fixer said:
    pjl44 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Jeeze a little respect
    For real, though...my God.  Sometimes I would like to take some of these tchotchkes that some of you wait in 4 hour lines for show 

Let me state this again:

1.) Very nice gesture of the artist for doing this print.

2.) I hope he didn't print out thousands of these because, again, who outside of friends and family of Beth are going to purchase this poster and proudly display it??  WEIRD.

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Habit4me said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    pjl44 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Jeeze a little respect
    For real, though...my God.  Sometimes I would like to take some of these tchotchkes that some of you wait in 4 hour lines for show 

Let me state this again:

2.) I hope he didn't print out thousands of these because, again, who outside of friends and family of Beth are going to purchase this poster and proudly display it??  WEIRD.

Not the first tribute poster the band has made, and I’ve had this on my wall for 14 years:
    2009 Chicago poster (tribute for a friend of the band)

• demetrios said:

Absolutely stunning. Reminds me of an 03, or hell even a 98.
  • tschav said:
    Habit4me said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    pjl44 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Jeeze a little respect

Let me state this again:

Not the first tribute poster the band has made, and I’ve had this on my wall for 14 years:
    2009 Chicago poster (tribute for a friend of the band)

The sentiment was spot on, Jeff designing that poster was spot on……that’s as far as it goes.
  • JBob87 said:
    mikeliska said:
    RS65573 said:
    What is what is the significance of the hawk?
    “The Hawk” is a term for the wind or Windy City.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=50DYQYqBUrs
    I've lived here my entire life and never once heard anyone reference the Hawk as a term for Chicago.

It's a black hawk holding a hockey stick at a concert played at the United Center, where the Chicago Blackhawks play hockey.
    Their mascot is also a…

Now why he is an astronaut?! That is a legit good question
    B/c he's out of this world! 

That poster is pretty cool.