re: Vault 11 shipping begins 6/30/2023

Comments

• Sonic-ManSonic-Man Posts: 15
    sm202838 said:
    Another 1 arrived in scotland, packaging totally open on 1 side, unbelievably not damaged or missing.
    WTF?

I received an empty cardboard today with a printed letter from German postal service that the content got lost in international shipping. 

I am mightily pissed!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    axeljohan said:
    Okay, Amazon might be a close second when it comes to shitty packaging. But we know they don’t care about vinyl. Pearl Jam does, 10c does. They should only have business partners who also care. 
    Really, here in Canada, I feel like they do overkill.  They usually come inside a fairly well designed vinyl shipping box, but then they take that vinyl shipping box, and put in a bunch of air ubbles, inside of a larger bigger box.  I feel like that's not great for the environment, and the mailer inside is good enough to send through the mail.
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    edited July 2023
    There’s this awesome local record store in Atlanta called Ella Guru Records.  Staff (Shannon, Don) are always fair with prices, kind and generous.  Sometimes I’ll find myself just going through their $3 bin and will find some true gems……it’s one of those places that you’re really glad that exists in your neighborhood (read article below).

Anyways, I got Vault 11 and it is absolutely beautiful.  On Saturday,  I took my copy over to the store (bought another one which is on way…for my collection.) and gave it to them and wrote a “thank you” card for being awesome to me and said that this copy was for the store.

Shannon played the record and it is tremendously well done.  Amazing show.  Thank you Pearl Jam.  Really love the effort and love that was put into this!

Hope they come back for the 30th anniversary!
    Post edited by RT85129 on
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,806
    I used to go to that shop when it was in the Toco Hills shopping center! When my son was born, we got super busy and then it moved out. I assumed it had closed, but later saw they relocated. Is it the same owner?  I’ve since started going to Decatur CD. I’ll have to search it out and stop by.
    Nice article!
  • bonebone Posts: 498
    demetrios said:
    bone said:
    axeljohan said:
    this is worst packaging I ever received from a professional seller. Well, from any seller, since even the biggest eBay-idiot doesn’t ship vinyl in a box which is open on both sides. DHL put a plastic bag around it and added a letter that the package arrived damaged from the seller. I think the bag avoided any real damage to the vinyl.

it would be great if 10c could address this ridiculous behavior from their business partner and get a new European partner where I don’t have to pay 37 Eur for shipping in a OPEN box.

Reminds me of some of the adventures I've had from Amazon, usually the box they send in is so stupidly oversized it's ridiculous, but twice, they didn't even put the record in a box, just slapped on the mailing labels on the front and shipped.  Once with the Ace Frehley solo album 5 years ago and then again about two years ago with Bad Religion No Control. Worst part with the second one is there wasn't even an option to replace it so I had to debate living with the dinged corners or not getting a copy at all as it was at that moment in time out of print.  

Amazing.  

Least you got a box from Amazon. I had the new Tool album shipped in a freaking sleeve bag. They told me different Amazon distribution centres ship items differently. Come again? I told them to send me a new copy, shipped in vinyl box. The proper way. They shipped out a replacement which they said they won't ship it again in a Sobeys bag. They were mistaken. They shipped it in same Amazon sleeve bag. :/I've heard horror stories where they would just stick a shipping label on the front, of the vinyl. From Amazon. Not a reseller etc.. From Amazon. 
    That was it, on these two I didn't get a box and they stuck the shipping label on the front of the vinyl. 
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    edited July 2023
    Mine has been showing ready for UPS since 6/30, with the note saying they would start shipping in the US 7/5. You have to love the timely shipping from the 10C. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • EdVedder_1EdVedder_1 Posts: 144
    Killing the value and loving it.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Delivered yesterday in the PNW. Everything looks great. Will be spinning soon.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Arrived here in Victoria today.   Arrived in excellent condition :)
  • @Santos L. Halper How about moving the "UK/EU" show to within the actual EU (e.g Germany) and also slip the new place a pamphlet on how to pack vinyl? Can we see this done before 2024?
    This absolutely needs to happen. It’s a UK store. It’s not an EU store. 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Mine has been showing ready for UPS since 6/30, with the note saying they would start shipping in the US 7/5. You have to love the timely shipping from the 10C. 
    Ha....I know what you mean. I've learned to expect these somewhere around a month or so after shipping starts. I actually feel like you and I have had this conversation in these threads somewhere before. I'm in Illinois which must be one of the latter shipping zones. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    PJammin said:
    Ha....I know what you mean. I've learned to expect these somewhere around a month or so after shipping starts. I actually feel like you and I have had this conversation in these threads somewhere before. I'm in Illinois which must be one of the latter shipping zones. 
    Probably! It seems to happen a lot. You think I would have learned to be patient by now, but…
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,755
    Mine started moving!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Its_ImbasIts_Imbas Posts: 27
    Arrived in NY this morning:)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Zod said:
    Arrived here in Victoria today.   Arrived in excellent condition :)

Me too the other day. Mint condition. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,086

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Anyone else in the US still showing nothing on their tracking?
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,811
    edited July 2023
    axeljohan said:
    this is worst packaging I ever received from a professional seller. Well, from any seller, since even the biggest eBay-idiot doesn’t ship vinyl in a box which is open on both sides. DHL put a plastic bag around it and added a letter that the package arrived damaged from the seller. I think the bag avoided any real damage to the vinyl.

it would be great if 10c could address this ridiculous behavior from their business partner and get a new European partner where I don’t have to pay 37 Eur for shipping in a OPEN box.

You should see what ebay idiots do with posters. I've seen posters in triangle mailers with no tubes, tubes with no end caps, etc.

If it's a record and I can't buy from 10C, I'd check out the local stores or another online store like Third Man, Easy Street, Bull Moose, What Records or anything else.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    mace1229 said:
    Anyone else in the US still showing nothing on their tracking?
    Me
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,469
    Arrived in Sydney, AUS this morning. 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Got mine it's heavy lol
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 590
    mine just departed Seattle says be in CT monday
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    got mine yesterday Long Island, NY....right as i was about to pull out of my driveway, post man showed up, good thing....it wa sover 90 yesterday
  • Douglas12373Douglas12373 Posts: 221
    arrived in DC yesterday in perfect condition, and perfectly boxed/sealed
  • YamriderYamrider Posts: 63
    Uk arrived today, just home from work, nice surprise on the doorstep. After previous bad vinyl shipping experience with euro store I went with direct from 10 club. Cost a bit more but the peace of mind worth it.
    About to open and will spin later.
  • McGruffMcGruff Posts: 51
    Spags said:

Spinning it right now, with a plaster on my finger after it gave me a viscous paper cut - talk about Blood!
    Did you get it sliding your finger along the plastic to open it? That's exactly how I got mine. Then when I opened the jacket, all the records fell out because they weren't in the binded sleeves. Thankfully no damage from it. 
    Supposed to get delivered today, but does not show out for delivery. Trying to snag it as it is delivered. Heat here is nasty and don’t want it outside any longer than it needs to be.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Got mine today. One corner slightly dinged but otherwise looks great overall.