re: Vault 11 shipping begins 6/30/2023

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Got to love the photo of Dave lol.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • vinyl boyvinyl boy Posts: 179
    So glad it showed at the start of my holidays 
  • EW23073EW23073 Posts: 5

Very impressed with the turnaround on this one. I concur with a previous poster regarding the exceptional sound quality. This is a classic performance and I’m thrilled to finally have it on a quality LP. Just wish we could get the Yield anniversary edition out the door!

One gripe with the packaging. I know there is some bad blood between Ed and David A, but I thought leaving out his photo from the insert was a bit small. He was a key member of the band during the most vital period of their existence. Don’t completely write him out of history. Just my 2 cents.
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,019
    He may not have let them use his image.
    Nature drunk and High
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,806
    Shipping updated and out the door! Due here in the South next Thursday!
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    Arrived on the Eastern Shore of Maryland yesterday 💫 B)
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    Mine is still showing as order information received by UPS. 
  • EW23073EW23073 Posts: 5
    Spags said:
    That’s possible but based on his past comments about his history with the band I would think he would appreciate the gesture. Who knows, but is what it is I guess.

Regardless, it’s a great package and pressing.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Mine is still showing as order information received by UPS. 
    Mine was showing that yesterday. Today it shows that it should be delivered on Thursday.

• dudemandudeman Posts: 3,046
    Mine showed up safely yesterday. Packed like the last few and not open on one end.

I can't recall any previous Vault release being turned out so quickly! Nice job, 10c!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • sm202838sm202838 Posts: 58
    Another 1 arrived in scotland, packaging totally open on 1 side, unbelievably not damaged or missing.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    dudeman said:
    Mine showed up safely yesterday. Packed like the last few and not open on one end.

I can't recall any previous Vault release being turned out so quickly! Nice job, 10c!
    I should clarify, only orders from the UK (was EU) store, packed and shipped by Music Glue, are the poorly packaged ones. 

It’s been bad for years but this is certainly the worst. 

10c do a great job with their packing of vault vinyl. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 944
    tino_11 said:
    dudeman said:

I should clarify, only orders from the UK (was EU) store, packed and shipped by Music Glue, are the poorly packaged ones. 

It’s been bad for years but this is certainly the worst. 

10c do a great job with their packing of vault vinyl. 
    This. I was fortunate this time round with Music Glue and my mailer wasn’t open at the side. However the vinyl definitely moved in transit:
    I’m always unsure as to if I should buy it from the US shop or the UK one because of the poor packing from Music Glue but after weighing up the additional shipping and import costs i usually role the dice with the UK shop.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,087
    sm202838 said:
    Another 1 arrived in scotland, packaging totally open on 1 side, unbelievably not damaged or missing.
    how is this even possible
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    EW23073 said:

One gripe with the packaging. I know there is some bad blood between Ed and David A, but I thought leaving out his photo from the insert was a bit small. He was a key member of the band during the most vital period of their existence. Don’t completely write him out of history. Just my 2 cents.
    Ockhams razor points to it being a petty farce. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Spags said:
    When he was shun on the MTV Unplugged DVD it didn’t sound from his response like he was the one causing it. . 
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    I asume TenClub will come with some news about this packaging by MusicGlue. This is a no go
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Got mine today from UK/EU shop, two discs 4 and no disc 3. (and sleeves floating in the binder) Ticket sent, I’ll update with the answer from MusicGlue. 

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    This may be a first on here or a new low by Music Glue. I usually get my Vault delivered to a Northern Ireland address to save on shipping. Got my notice that it was delivered last delivered on Thursday past. Got it sent on and had it in hand this morning.  Turns out. the cardboard packaging was delivered on Thursday past without the vinyl inside. Packaging was completely open on both sides. Who ever packaged the vinyl, either didn't give a fuck, or didn't know how to package the vinyl. These are proper vinyl carriers (although not great quality). One of the folded internal retainers was completely torn off, and the other looks as if it was not used. Looks like they sealed the main/outer sleeve first, realized that they couldn't get the vinyl in to the retainers, then tore one retainer completely off, slipped the vinyl in without any care to ensure that the second retainer held it in place, leaving the vinyl unsecured and threw it in the post. 

Anyway, thankfully the vinyl was delivered the next day with no packaging using the shipping slip that would have been inside the packaging. Luckily only one corner was dinged.

Seriously, WTF is music glue doing. This really is pathetic. 

Kearnsy
    @Santos L. Halper How about moving the "UK/EU" show to within the actual EU (e.g Germany) and also slip the new place a pamphlet on how to pack vinyl? Can we see this done before 2024?
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    @Santos L. Halper How about moving the "UK/EU" show to within the actual EU (e.g Germany) and also slip the new place a pamphlet on how to pack vinyl? Can we see this done before 2024?
    Or to the Czech Republic, where pretty much all the vinyl is coming from in Europe
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    sm202838 said:
    how is this even possible

Wtf?!? I wonder how many received their package without the vinyl inside. 

Robbert said:
    Or to the Czech Republic, where pretty much all the vinyl is coming from in Europe
    Could brew some Pearl Jam official beer there while they're at it!
  • bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 237
    Mine the exact same as above, just slid out of the packaging without much encouragement. Pretty poor for a premium priced product. 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Strangely I’m in the U.K. and this time this arrived in absolutely perfect condition and I thought the packaging was really strong (the last one Vault 2 arrived damaged though)
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 456
    this is worst packaging I ever received from a professional seller. Well, from any seller, since even the biggest eBay-idiot doesn’t ship vinyl in a box which is open on both sides. DHL put a plastic bag around it and added a letter that the package arrived damaged from the seller. I think the bag avoided any real damage to the vinyl.

it would be great if 10c could address this ridiculous behavior from their business partner and get a new European partner where I don’t have to pay 37 Eur for shipping in a OPEN box.
  • bonebone Posts: 498
    axeljohan said:
    this is worst packaging I ever received from a professional seller. Well, from any seller, since even the biggest eBay-idiot doesn’t ship vinyl in a box which is open on both sides. DHL put a plastic bag around it and added a letter that the package arrived damaged from the seller. I think the bag avoided any real damage to the vinyl.

it would be great if 10c could address this ridiculous behavior from their business partner and get a new European partner where I don’t have to pay 37 Eur for shipping in a OPEN box.

Reminds me of some of the adventures I've had from Amazon, usually the box they send in is so stupidly oversized it's ridiculous, but twice, they didn't even put the record in a box, just slapped on the mailing labels on the front and shipped.  Once with the Ace Frehley solo album 5 years ago and then again about two years ago with Bad Religion No Control. Worst part with the second one is there wasn't even an option to replace it so I had to debate living with the dinged corners or not getting a copy at all as it was at that moment in time out of print.  

Amazing.  
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    bone said:
    axeljohan said:

Reminds me of some of the adventures I've had from Amazon, usually the box they send in is so stupidly oversized it's ridiculous, but twice, they didn't even put the record in a box, just slapped on the mailing labels on the front and shipped.  Once with the Ace Frehley solo album 5 years ago and then again about two years ago with Bad Religion No Control. Worst part with the second one is there wasn't even an option to replace it so I had to debate living with the dinged corners or not getting a copy at all as it was at that moment in time out of print.  

Amazing.  

Least you got a box from Amazon. I had the new Tool album shipped in a freaking sleeve bag. They told me different Amazon distribution centres ship items differently. Come again? I told them to send me a new copy, shipped in vinyl box. The proper way. They shipped out a replacement which they said they won't ship it again in a Sobeys bag. They were mistaken. They shipped it in same Amazon sleeve bag. :/ I've heard horror stories where they would just stick a shipping label on the front, of the vinyl. From Amazon. Not a reseller etc.. From Amazon. 
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 456
    Okay, Amazon might be a close second when it comes to shitty packaging. But we know they don’t care about vinyl. Pearl Jam does, 10c does. They should only have business partners who also care. 
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,841
    Received on Friday here in PA and listened today. My vinyl had slipped up and were pressed into the shrink wrap upon arrival. LP4 had a visual mark on it, but happy to report that all LPs were in great shape. Really great pressing and great sounding vault, as most all have been. Sucks to see all the overseas issues, but hopefully everything still sounds good.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024