Options

Air Quality

13»

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    People complaining about the air quality obviously didn’t grew up with parents who chain smoked with the windows barely cracked in front, while their kids were sitting in the backseat on every drive.  
    Your folks cracked the windows?...lucky dog.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    Poncier said:
    People complaining about the air quality obviously didn’t grew up with parents who chain smoked with the windows barely cracked in front, while their kids were sitting in the backseat on every drive.  
    Your folks cracked the windows?...lucky dog.

Chain smoking, car seats, anyone sleep in the flat part by the rear window? And no cell phones….surprised we survived.  
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    worse today at 166 (unhealthy)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
      😅😅😅😅
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    worse today at 166 (unhealthy)
    Yep.  My job might get shut down today.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    Worst on the planet here in Chicago the last few days, packing up and moving my son to Manhattan as we speak. My luck tomorrow the air in NYC should be just about as bad as it can get.🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    Worst on the planet here in Chicago the last few days, packing up and moving my son to Manhattan as we speak. My luck tomorrow the air in NYC should be just about as bad as it can get.🤷🏼‍♀️
    You're going the wrong way.  Head south.  It sucks here too.
  • Options
    NYC is the hot destination for almost every 22 year old college grad I know. No chance anyone is headed south. Hahaha!
  • Options
    NYC is the hot destination for almost every 22 year old college grad I know. No chance anyone is headed south. Hahaha!
    Why the hell do they want to come here?  Taxes are high, the city is a cesspool and rent is ridiculous.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    Why the hell do they want to come here?  Taxes are high, the city is a cesspool and rent is ridiculous.
    I’ll never understand why anyone would want to come here. Especially the last 2-3 years. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’ll never understand why anyone would want to come here. Especially the last 2-3 years. 
    I can’t think of anywhere else I would rather live. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Magic Bus?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Pretty bad today. I can barely see the Freedom Tower through the haze. My leftover masks are being put to good use. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It’s all a matter of personal preference. I hate winter, I hate walking, I don’t take public transportation…. I hate Manhattan, never go there unless I have to. Everything people “love” about NYC is the stuff that doesn’t matter to me at all. 
  • Options
    152 now (about the same as yesterday) :neutral:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It’s all a matter of personal preference. I hate winter, I hate walking, I don’t take public transportation…. I hate Manhattan, never go there unless I have to. Everything people “love” about NYC is the stuff that doesn’t matter to me at all. 
    Right. I feel like people really love it here or hate it. Not much in between. I grew up in suburbia and when I moved here in 1995 I finally felt at home. I love walking everywhere. I don't mind the subway if I have to take it. I agree with Chris that rents are ridiculous. He has seen my place and can attest to how small it is - but I have made the best of it. My dad on the other hand grew up in NYC and couldn't wait to leave. He has been happy in suburbia ever since - it is all personal preference.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    Oh oh

same ole lame city v burbs nonsense 🤣

is Jesse Waters posting here?

we all know good is good
    bad is bad

shit happens everywhere… when you have millions of people living on top of each other things happen unfortunately 

im a Long Island kid for all my life, work in nyc last 20 years… I see the good, bad & ugly

shit happens on LI too

its also all the California bashing… guess what, most of the nuts are from the south/Midwest… came to LALA land, failed as the next Pacinos and just lingered. Pride gets in the way, don’t wanna run home to mommy & daddy as failures… I’ll just live on the streets where it’s 70-90 year round

these are just my opinions… but I’ve traveled a ton all over the world, seen it all
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    nicknyr15 said:

They probably want to see the rangers and knicks in person.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Right. I feel like people really love it here or hate it. Not much in between. I grew up in suburbia and when I moved here in 1995 I finally felt at home. I love walking everywhere. I don't mind the subway if I have to take it. I agree with Chris that rents are ridiculous. He has seen my place and can attest to how small it is - but I have made the best of it. My dad on the other hand grew up in NYC and couldn't wait to leave. He has been happy in suburbia ever since - it is all personal preference.

For sure! It’s all preference. 

I’ll tell you, I wouldn’t have want to grow up anywhere else. However as I get older, I become less and less interested in living here. 
  • Options
    Kids are unloaded, we're are checked into our hotel. We need to pick up the bed and return the car. We're half way there. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Kids are unloaded, we're are checked into our hotel. We need to pick up the bed and return the car. We're half way there. 
    Good luck with everything for your kid moving to NY 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Oh oh

same ole lame city v burbs nonsense 🤣

is Jesse Waters posting here?

we all know good is good
    bad is bad

shit happens everywhere… when you have millions of people living on top of each other things happen unfortunately 

im a Long Island kid for all my life, work in nyc last 20 years… I see the good, bad & ugly

shit happens on LI too

its also all the California bashing… guess what, most of the nuts are from the south/Midwest… came to LALA land, failed as the next Pacinos and just lingered. Pride gets in the way, don’t wanna run home to mommy & daddy as failures… I’ll just live on the streets where it’s 70-90 year round

these are just my opinions… but I’ve traveled a ton all over the world, seen it all
    I think the majority of us have traveled and seen it all, done it all.

When I moved away from NY and did some rural living is when I really started to hate cities, lol.  Now mind you people are slow as hell but when you adapt yo it and relax?

Yes please!
  • Options
    good at 25
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA