Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    igotid88 said:
    Air Quality Index reached 402
    igotid88 said:
    Air Quality Index reached 402
    We had that beat. This was late last night/early this morning 

For reference the scale only goes up to 500...

50 is considered Moderate.

We on "Lung" Island are currently at 163 which is "Very Unhealthy"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    If this were happening on the west coast this time of year, I would be very concerned.  That it is happening back east and this early in the year is disturbing.  In the west, we generally consider August through October as typical "fire season".  We've had large fires earlier than than and the one that wipe out Paradise and parts of Magalia, CA went into December.  But I don't recall and serious fires in late spring like what is happening in eastern Canada. 

I hope those of you affected are able to stay indoors as much as possible.  If you can afford one, I would recommend getting a good quality air "purifier" (I tend to think that's a misnomer, but that's what they call them).  I did a lot of research on various purifiers and due to our age and health, opted for the top of the line- an IQAir Health Pro Plus.  Another good choice and not quite as expensive are some of the Blueair options.  A good air purifier will help you breathe easier!

Best wishes, east coast friends. Hang in there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,909
    brianlux said:
    If this were happening on the west coast this time of year, I would be very concerned.  That it is happening back east and this early in the year is disturbing.  In the west, we generally consider August through October as typical "fire season".  We've had large fires earlier than than and the one that wipe out Paradise and parts of Magalia, CA went into December.  But I don't recall and serious fires in late spring like what is happening in eastern Canada. 

I hope those of you affected are able to stay indoors as much as possible.  If you can afford one, I would recommend getting a good quality air "purifier" (I tend to think that's a misnomer, but that's what they call them).  I did a lot of research on various purifiers and due to our age and health, opted for the top of the line- an IQAir Health Pro Plus.  Another good choice and not quite as expensive are some of the Blueair options.  A good air purifier will help you breathe easier!

Thanks. I hope your part of the country isn't hit too bad later this year. A few months ago I just happened to get an air purifier because my 17 year old cat was diagnosed with mild asthma and I wanted to make sure he was ok. I did some research as well, and got a really good one according to consumer reports. It is made by Honeywell. Not top of the line, but really decent. That thing has been on full blast the last few days.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Thanks. I hope your part of the country isn't hit too bad later this year. A few months ago I just happened to get an air purifier because my 17 year old cat was diagnosed with mild asthma and I wanted to make sure he was ok. I did some research as well, and got a really good one according to consumer reports. It is made by Honeywell. Not top of the line, but really decent. That thing has been on full blast the last few days.

Good move, GG.  And sweet that you're looking out for kitty!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

We looked and there’s a rush to get them most are sold out around here will have to order one on line! The issue with us our cats are in/out cats we have to keep them in on days like yesterday and they don’t like that at all.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    edited June 2023

I believe I live in the city in Sweden with the worst air quality.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

We looked and there’s a rush to get them most are sold out around here will have to order one on line! The issue with us our cats are in/out cats we have to keep them in on days like yesterday and they don’t like that at all.
    I got mine on Amazon if that helps. The air is so much better today. But it is a good idea to have one. I actually ordered new filters yesterday even though mine aren’t due for replacement yet. Better safe than sorry. 
  • Options

What is that 348 from? That such an outlier. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    ive had my Dyson running in my bedroom

ive been blowing my bong hits North as payback 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    GlowGirl said:

The after effects of SC eating one of those veggie pizzas he's always posting pics of in the Pizza thread.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    Poncier said:
    GlowGirl said:

The after effects of SC eating one of those veggie pizzas he's always posting pics of in the Pizza thread.
    Chick peas
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    CROJAM95 said:
    ive had my Dyson running in my bedroom

ive been blowing my bong hits North as payback 
    Poncier said:
    GlowGirl said:

😂😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    Poncier said:
    GlowGirl said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    back to moderate today :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
  • Options
    If you can't find a good air cleaner or air purifier right now because of the demand, once they come back up to being available (they will), I would suggest anyone without one to order a good air filtration device and order extra filters.  Not to sound doomer, but the issues with air quality are probably not going to go away and it's better to be on the side of caution and have one.  If it stays idle for a while- great, that means it will last longer.  If you need to use it, even better- you will breath easier.

I hope things are improving for you folks out east.  It's never a comfortable thing to deal with.  Even out west here where we get socked with bad air nearly every fire season year, its never fun to deal with.

Hang in there friends!

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    108 here (definitely a weird smell in in the air) :neutral:

I know it's pretty bad further up north like in Indiana, Illinois, upstate NY Noel Gallagher/garbage/Metric show got cancelled in Indiana. Also the My Morning Jacket show got moved to indoors in Pittsburgh.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359

I know it's pretty bad further up north like in Indiana, Illinois, upstate NY Noel Gallagher/garbage/Metric show got cancelled in Indiana. Also the My Morning Jacket show got moved to indoors in Pittsburgh.

There's a weird smell in Cleveland as well. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Yeah it's pretty awful in Chicago right now.  Today is not as bad as yesterday but still noticeable with a weird smell.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240

There's a weird smell in Cleveland as well. 
    Must be a day that ends in "Y".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    Southwestern Indiana had hazy air yesterday, but the visibility is worse with a funky smell today. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    Some people posted pics of the sun which was bright red. I couldn’t even see it today 😕
    We haven’t seen the sun in days.  It’s very depressing.  
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    Wobbie said:
    we in the western states deal with this shit every summer. buck up, buttercups.
    Yes we really have no clue what you guys go thru because this is probably a small percentage of what you guys see.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    weird as shit driving last night. eerie creepy quality.  then as morning broke the fog settled in in some places as well.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    picture of the sun at 7am

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    People complaining about the air quality obviously didn’t grew up with parents who chain smoked with the windows barely cracked in front, while their kids were sitting in the backseat on every drive.