Getting to the rail in GA.

circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
edited May 2023 in The Porch
I’m content to just find a spot.  Anywhere up there. My daughter is all for the camp out /make yourself miserable by standing in line all day.

How early do people get there for the ga line?
Post edited by circlesdown on

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,973
    Rail=picks &-stage treasure. Worth it. At least once. Imo
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,490
    In Europe 2 days
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    And... May 11.. the GA line questions begin....geez
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Rail is for sure neat, but you can save yourself 8-10 hours and be four back in front of Mike.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    I think he's inquiring about the 2026 tour
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    I think he's inquiring about the 2026 tour
    🙄🙄🙄🙄
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    edited May 2023
    To answer the question....I think most places around 5am-8am if the facility doesn't allow camping.  Heard 3/4 days in crazy places like Chicago/Seattle. Some people line up outside the venue on the streets the venue won't allow camping but I don't know how effective or honorable that line is.  Seems like soon as they open and allow people on the property you could just drive your happy ass in drop someone off and be first in line ahead of the street sleepers. I wouldn't honor street camping as an official line personally. 
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    edited May 2023
    I've never done it. Wished I had about 10-15 years ago, doesn't sound as fun  anymore.
    But I don't like the unofficial lines. People lining up down the street. If the venue doesn't allow camping, then they don't allow camping. First come, first serve. How am I supposed to know where the official-unofficial line is and who is running it? I've heard its gotten pretty ugly with that.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Rail is for sure neat, but you can save yourself 8-10 hours and be four back in front of Mike.  
    Yup.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SSS81SSS81 Posts: 174
    Does anyone know the GA policies for the Moody Center in Austin? (I apologies for feeding the GA questions fire, but this seemed like a good time/place to ask)
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    For those of us with GA tickets, can we go ahead and start writing numbers on our hands? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • keeponrisinkeeponrisin Posts: 109
    JojoRice said:
    For those of us with GA tickets, can we go ahead and start writing numbers on our hands? 
    #2 for you 
    #1 is tattooed on mine already 
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    Indy will be my first pit experience for PJ, and no plans to camp/sit in line all day. But i loved the way DMB did pit last year. Albeit, this was just for the handful of Warehouse members who got pit tickets, there were around 60 of us for the drawing at Pine Knob, so a much smaller scale than most PJ pits. But they just told you to go to a gate anytime before 4pm to get a bracelet with a number on it, at 4:15 they draw a number based on the bracelets handed out, and that person is first in line and the line goes on from that based on bracelet number. And when they took us inside they kept us in line until we got to the pit entrance. Worked out great! Kept everyone from wasting the day standing in line and even sprinting once you get inside the venue to get down there first. We were around 20 back from the front of the line and ended up on the rail in front of Buddy the keyboard player-most people went straight to the middle of course so we saw to the left wasn’t crowded at all and headed there and worked out great, Dave even took one of the selfies with my phone after the show! But since the entire pit for PJ is Ten Club members (especially the large arena pits) and they don’t do early entry, probably not a good way to do anything similar with these shows.
    Don't get people started on numbers and the list....
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    JD87070 said:
    Indy will be my first pit experience for PJ, and no plans to camp/sit in line all day. But i loved the way DMB did pit last year. Albeit, this was just for the handful of Warehouse members who got pit tickets, there were around 60 of us for the drawing at Pine Knob, so a much smaller scale than most PJ pits. But they just told you to go to a gate anytime before 4pm to get a bracelet with a number on it, at 4:15 they draw a number based on the bracelets handed out, and that person is first in line and the line goes on from that based on bracelet number. And when they took us inside they kept us in line until we got to the pit entrance. Worked out great! Kept everyone from wasting the day standing in line and even sprinting once you get inside the venue to get down there first. We were around 20 back from the front of the line and ended up on the rail in front of Buddy the keyboard player-most people went straight to the middle of course so we saw to the left wasn’t crowded at all and headed there and worked out great, Dave even took one of the selfies with my phone after the show! But since the entire pit for PJ is Ten Club members (especially the large arena pits) and they don’t do early entry, probably not a good way to do anything similar with these shows.
    That's how they used to do ticket sales before the internet took over.
    Whoa to you ih earth and sea, for the devil sent the beast with rath for he knows the time is short, let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is sixxxxx hundred and sixxxtyyy sixxxxxx.
    I walked alone, my mind was blank, I needed time to think to get these memories from my mind. What did I see? Could I believe!? That what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy. Just what I saw, in my,own dreams was the reflection of my warpen staring back at me. But in my dreams. it's always there! The evil eyes that look at me and give me great despair.
    YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!

night was black was no use holding back cause I just had to see was someone watching me. In the night dark figures burning bright. The ritual has begun Satan's work is done.
    Six six sixxxx the number of the beast
    Sixxxx sixxxx six

The one for Rob and me.

Love you line lurkers, cutters & pushers.
    May Satan bless you all with a pick.in the eye!
    Loujoe said:
    Whoa to you ih earth and sea, for the devil sent the beast with rath for he knows the time is short, let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is sixxxxx hundred and sixxxtyyy sixxxxxx.
    I walked alone, my mind was blank, I needed time to think to get these memories from my mind. What did I see? Could I believe!? That what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy. Just what I saw, in my,own dreams was the reflection of my warpen staring back at me. But in my dreams. it's always there! The evil eyes that look at me and give me great despair.
    YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!

night was black was no use holding back cause I just had to see was someone watching me. In the night dark figures burning bright. The ritual has begun Satan's work is done.
    Six six sixxxx the number of the beast
    Sixxxx sixxxx six

The one for Rob and me.

Love you line lurkers, cutters & pushers.
    May Satan bless you all with a pick.in the eye!
    Beautiful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited May 2023
    I'm fully aware. And that's what I'm saying it's a no no. I was there in Sweden when 10c sent a letter to everyone in the queue about it
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Typical rule is lining up a few hours before the doors open should get you on average about ~8-10 people deep.

Depending on venues, some may have an early morning number distribution and come back to line up later in the day. Places like United Center typically do this process so that there's less all-day line waiting where facilities are at a minimum (Wrigley's a different story). Check venue rules as a starting point before assuming you can sleep on a sidewalk for a good spot.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited May 2023

Totally. I have arrived in the GA line about an hour before the doors opened and was 4 deep right in front of Eddie, which is actually a better vantage point unless you're short.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    I walk in a few minutes before the show starts and I'm always able to get 4th or 5th "row" without any issues at all. I usually watch the first 10 songs or so from up close, then move back. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Yep. It gets stressful waiting and all the friends I've met (mostly cool) but some will try to do anything to get ahead of you. 
    Have fun and report back after please.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    I have a list that I started.  I'm first, the GOAT is 2nd, don't mess w the GOAT BTW, and @mcgruff10 you're 3rd? and @circlesdown can have 4th and 5th.

Cool?!?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    I have a list that I started.  I'm first, the GOAT is 2nd, don't mess w the GOAT BTW, and @mcgruff10 you're 3rd? and @circlesdown can have 4th and 5th.

Cool?!?
    I m in!! Let s go!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 184
    The doors to GA open the same time as everyone else yes?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Depends on the venue.  Sometimes GA opens up early. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 184
    JojoRice said:
    Wonder why it varies from venue to venue 
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    JojoRice said:
    Wonder why it varies from venue to venue 
    Probably depends on setup/staffing etc. i could see an amphitheatre wanting to get the pit in first and out of the way, where in an arena setting with multiple access points it wouldn’t matter as much.