Options

Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,762
    Now the F2F option doesn't even show up in the filters anymore (was there all night, up until about an hour ago). Hoping this isn't going to be a prolonged outage.
    Yep. What the hell is going on with this? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,928
    Now the F2F option doesn't even show up in the filters anymore (was there all night, up until about an hour ago). Hoping this isn't going to be a prolonged outage.
    Stuff like this happened quite frequently last year. We just have to wait and see.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 280
    edited May 2023
    Go Animal said:
    Stuff like this happened quite frequently last year. We just have to wait and see.
    My guess is they don't want to fully cannibalize premium sales. Making F2F sales open at seemingly random times may get someone to bite at the more expensive tickets. 

I saw someone post hours for F2F. Was that simply a joke? 
    Post edited by tylerj on
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,116
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    If anyone is getting the U533 error code when purchasing F2F through Ticketmaster, call this number and they'll get your account fixed. (888) 731-4111. 
    thanks. didn't work for me. I called and they said they didn't see any purchase attempts on my account. Weird since I had tickets in my cart 3-4 times yesterday and got this error when I hit purchase. 
    Last year, 95% of the time when ppl were getting error messages, it simply meant that someone just beat you thru the checkout process. When you buy regular tickets, those are held in your cart during the purchase process. With F2F, that's not the case. It's whoever's quickest to enter all their info.

• Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    If anyone is getting the U533 error code when purchasing F2F through Ticketmaster, call this number and they'll get your account fixed. (888) 731-4111. 
    thanks. didn't work for me. I called and they said they didn't see any purchase attempts on my account. Weird since I had tickets in my cart 3-4 times yesterday and got this error when I hit purchase. 
    I had this happen a few times as well.  I noticed that when you actually put the tickets in your "cart," there is no timer counting down the amount of time that you have to finish the transaction.  I have a feeling that if they are in your cart, they may be in other's carts as well.  Whoever gets through the transaction first purchases the tickets.  Maybe I am wrong, but I am almost certain I did not see a timer like I do with other TM transactions.
    This is also happening with Cure tickets that are using a F2F face value system. I'm sure it's TM's way of retaliating. The countdown appears for standard and platinum/premium tickets, it's literally just the face value resale stuff that has no countdown. 
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,924
    Airplane Oops GIF
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    I had this happen a few times as well.  I noticed that when you actually put the tickets in your "cart," there is no timer counting down the amount of time that you have to finish the transaction.  I have a feeling that if they are in your cart, they may be in other's carts as well.  Whoever gets through the transaction first purchases the tickets.  Maybe I am wrong, but I am almost certain I did not see a timer like I do with other TM transactions.
    Hopefully this is it. They are going really fast so it makes sense. I don't believe I saw the timer on any of the times I had them in my cart yesterday. Hoping for better luck. Seeing GA and Floors in my cart and not being allowed to purchase them was pretty frustrating yesterday. Good luck everyone. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,928
    tylerj said:
    Go Animal said:
    My guess is they don't want to fully cannibalize premium sales. Making F2F sales open at seemingly random times may get someone to bit at the more expensive tickets. 

It was a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Also, Ticketmaster gonna be a bigger shit show than usual today.

The Jonas Brothers reunion tour goes on sale in 15 mins, and they had Verified Fan.

That site is gonna get wrecked.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    tylerj said:
    Go Animal said:
    My guess is they don't want to fully cannibalize premium sales. Making F2F sales open at seemingly random times may get someone to bit at the more expensive tickets. 

Yes. I was joking.
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    This is also happening with Cure tickets that are using a F2F face value system. I'm sure it's TM's way of retaliating. The countdown appears for standard and platinum/premium tickets, it's literally just the face value resale stuff that has no countdown. 
    Wow, fuck TM
  • Options
    Pre-Sale for $25 concert week tickets for Verizon customers starts today as well.  TM will most definitely be chaotic as usual. 

• Options
    Mr. Fixer said:
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Wow, fuck TM
    Actually, it's looking like just resale tickets in general aren't displaying a countdown clock (looking at Depeche Mode) - is this new? Surely there are bots out there that can scoop up tickets in a flash. This is horrible.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    You can definitely have them in multiple carts until they checked out.   For the 2020 tour, me and another 10c'er encountered an interesting glitch.  We both went for a pair of GA's for Oakland at the exact same time, and somehow the pair got split and we both ended up with 1 ticket.  No idea how the system did that.  I guess Fan2Fan is really just the reselling portal with a fixed price, so they never though fans would refresh all day and trying to get tickets as soon as they popped up.
  • Options
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Wow, fuck TM
    Actually, it's looking like just resale tickets in general aren't displaying a countdown clock (looking at Depeche Mode) - is this new? Surely there are bots out there that can scoop up tickets in a flash. This is horrible.
    The good news is, there's really no incentive for people to use bots on F2F since there's no money to be made.
  • Options
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Wow, fuck TM
    The good news is, there's really no incentive for people to use bots on F2F since there's no money to be made.
    That's true. I just feel like this is the first step of TM doing this for just normal tickets too, though.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Wow, fuck TM
    Except Chicago. 
  • Options
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    BV84003 said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Wow, fuck TM
    Except Chicago. 
    True
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,354
    Relax everyone...plenty of time...and y'all KNOW more tickets are sold from fans MUCH closer to show date
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,033
    I've never done the F2F tickets. 
    Is it a separate Website or are the F2F tickets just mixed in with the other tickets that are on sale?
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,148
    Mr. Fixer said:
    jwc6160 said:
    JojoRice said:
    you are right, the error you get is that someone else completed the checkout. 
  • Options
    BSully said:
    Is it a separate Website or are the F2F tickets just mixed in with the other tickets that are on sale?
    They're all mixed together. The F2F tickets will be in red instead of blue.
    Just be careful not to accidentally purchase F2F tickets that were originally "Premium". Always double-check the price.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,512
    Zod said:
    You can definitely have them in multiple carts until they checked out.   For the 2020 tour, me and another 10c'er encountered an interesting glitch.  We both went for a pair of GA's for Oakland at the exact same time, and somehow the pair got split and we both ended up with 1 ticket.  No idea how the system did that.  I guess Fan2Fan is really just the reselling portal with a fixed price, so they never though fans would refresh all day and trying to get tickets as soon as they popped up.
    True story. Happened to me in 2022.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,193
    BSully said:
    They're all mixed together. The F2F tickets will be in red instead of blue.
    Just be careful not to accidentally purchase F2F tickets that were originally "Premium". Always double-check the price.
    That is extremely good advice.  It is very easy to fall into that trap.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    StojStoj Chicago Posts: 114
    I can neither see F2F tickets available for either Chicago show nor can I sell my Chicago/Austin tickets yet.  Am I missing something?
    August 20, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 22, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 18, 2018 - Wrigley
    August 20, 2018 - Wrigley
    May 09, 2022 - Gila River Arena
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,206
    If things go like they did last year (which I suspect they will), the next few weeks there will be a lot of activity on F2F. Then things will probably die down for a couple of months. But then things will pick up again a few weeks before the shows, and that’s when we’ll see the most activity. So if you’re looking to get I. The building and/or upgrade your seats, you have plenty of time. 
  • Options
    Stoj said:
    I can neither see F2F tickets available for either Chicago show nor can I sell my Chicago/Austin tickets yet.  Am I missing something?
    F2F option is down right now. 

• Options
    StojStoj Chicago Posts: 114
    JojoRice said:
    Stoj said:
    F2F option is down right now. 
    Ah ok - thank you!
    August 20, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 22, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 18, 2018 - Wrigley
    August 20, 2018 - Wrigley
    May 09, 2022 - Gila River Arena
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 457
    I plan to put up my extra pairs for Austin some time today:
    9/18: FLR5, row 13
    9/19: FLR2, row 3
    I'll post again with a few minutes heads up once I see the F2F option is available.
    1993 - Dallas
    1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin
    1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach
    2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco
    2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II
    2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis
    2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton
    2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu
    2008 - MSG I & II
    2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV
    2010 - Kansas City | St Louis
    2011 - PJ20 I & II
    2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC
    2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver
    2022 - OKC
    2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II
    2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    logan5ive said:
    I'll post again with a few minutes heads up once I see the F2F option is available.
    Got a time? I’d love to try and snag the 9/18. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,148
    jwc6160 said:
    logan5ive said:
    Got a time? I’d love to try and snag the 9/18. 
    and I would love those 9/19 ... giving a time likely wont matter, they will be gone in 30 seconds and just depends on where you are in the refresh cycle and check out speed to get them 
This discussion has been closed.