Options

Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    PJNB said:
    It is weird to me why they could not enable these tickets for transfer. Implement restrictions like you have to show ID and it needs to stay the face value price. Anything that remains left a couple of days before the show can be done in this absurd way they do it right now.
    How would you be able to force face value? Look at Chicago and tell me how to fix that.

Also if it’s transferred 10 times the last person is the one that needs to show ID at the gate. Of course their ID will be good they are the ones going to the show. ID checks only work if it’s implemented on the original ticket buyer with no transfers. 

I don't know, I am not ticketmaster. It feels like something should be possible. Allow one transfer per ticket only. Make the transaction strictly on tm. I am sure something like that could be implemented or programmed. But I don't know anything in that regard, I am just pondering.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,190
    GlowGirl said:
    It is weird to me why they could not enable these tickets for transfer. Implement restrictions like you have to show ID and it needs to stay the face value price. Anything that remains left a couple of days before the show can be done in this absurd way they do it right now.
    I think it is because with a transfer, you can't control the price. It would be private transactions between the ticket holder and the person they are transferring to. So, a much higher chance of major scalping.

Thanks for the explanation. (Also to you, cottagesteeze). I would think they could restrict the transfer in a way that ensures the price stays face. Anyways, it is what it is. Good luck to all.
    Theoretically, a system could be set up where you would transfer it back to TM and give them the TM account email of the person you are transferring to, they would get paid by that person, give them the ticket, and then TM would pay you. But the logistics involved in that will never happen.

• Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 342
    I don’t mean it this way but it might have the same effect as when I tell my wife to calm down, but ………be patient. We still have tons of time before the shows and there will be a lot of action as we get closer. I get that some may have to make travel plans but if you are committed to going to one of these shows you will be able to get good face value tix. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,494
    SHZA said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Had a date with a member from here for tickets, and they were snagged up in an instant. This is bullshit. I was right there for the drop. How could anyone have been faster? What a shitty system for fans to sell tickets to other fans.
    At what hour?

It was around midnight EST. I was in touch with the seller. Refreshed when he dropped, saw the tickets, hit next and it said immediately that another fan got them. There was not a second between me seeing them and hitting the button. I understand that this is to avoid scalping but it feels like it is not really effective because this must have been some kind of bot action.
    Midnight EST is still 9pm on the West coast. It’s unfortunate but far too risky at that hour.
    So true

430-5am is best time

Well, good for those that have no life, I guess :| Maybe I'll just set my alarm for that time one of these days and start the work day early. We want to treat our nephew to his first show. Crux is, when I got word that someone had a pair and we agreed on a drop, we thought we had this in the bag and told him. Now he's all excited and we don't have tickets because we underestimated this stupid process.
    Insult everyone on the board, great strategy. 
    Huh? If you have a job where you need to be up in the morning and work until 5, 4.30 -5 AM on a week day is not really a convenient time. If you are not successful in getting tickets, you may have to do this several times. And if you aren't a regular night owl, it would not be a good time in general. I in no way mean to insult anyone here, we are all in the same boat.
    Maybe I misunderstood you. I took your comment about having no life to be saying no one with a life has time to frequently check for new listings. And most of the people on this thread are checking frequently. There's a lot of time before the shows though. You'll get more opportunities closer to the show and people with extras will be wiling to help. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,036
    PJNB said:
    How would you be able to force face value? Look at Chicago and tell me how to fix that.

Also if it’s transferred 10 times the last person is the one that needs to show ID at the gate. Of course their ID will be good they are the ones going to the show. ID checks only work if it’s implemented on the original ticket buyer with no transfers. 

I don't know, I am not ticketmaster. It feels like something should be possible. Allow one transfer per ticket only. Make the transaction strictly on tm. I am sure something like that could be implemented or programmed. But I don't know anything in that regard, I am just pondering.
    They would just ask for extra payment with PayPal before the tickets were transferred though. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Had a date with a member from here for tickets, and they were snagged up in an instant. This is bullshit. I was right there for the drop. How could anyone have been faster? What a shitty system for fans to sell tickets to other fans.
    At what hour?

It was around midnight EST. I was in touch with the seller. Refreshed when he dropped, saw the tickets, hit next and it said immediately that another fan got them. There was not a second between me seeing them and hitting the button. I understand that this is to avoid scalping but it feels like it is not really effective because this must have been some kind of bot action.
    Midnight EST is still 9pm on the West coast. It’s unfortunate but far too risky at that hour.
    So true

430-5am is best time

Well, good for those that have no life, I guess :| Maybe I'll just set my alarm for that time one of these days and start the work day early. We want to treat our nephew to his first show. Crux is, when I got word that someone had a pair and we agreed on a drop, we thought we had this in the bag and told him. Now he's all excited and we don't have tickets because we underestimated this stupid process.
    Lot of sharks circling

its way early

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Lot of sharks circling

its way early

Yeah. I like to have my ducks in a row, but I know I am not alone in that. I will try to be patient and continue to check tm. Thanks, everybody :)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    FW1 sec 16 row 13 is up
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,451
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Lot of sharks circling

its way early

Yeah. I like to have my ducks in a row, but I know I am not alone in that. I will try to be patient and continue to check tm. Thanks, everybody :)
    I don’t know what show you’re looking for, but there are plenty of seats, not necessarily good seats, but in the building for someone’s first show, for Chicago and Minnesota.  My first show I was in the top row of the furthest section and I was still hooked.  Due to smaller venues the Texas shows and especially Indy are very tough to come by.  Good luck 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    I'm back to being a Bot again. No clues as to why as I haven't even been on TM website in quite sometime.
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    If I wasn't a bot before, refreshing these screens all day may turn me into one.  Do I question why I'm doing this?  Sure.  Will I continue to do this until September?  Of course.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Lot of sharks circling

its way early

I don’t know what show you’re looking for, but there are plenty of seats, not necessarily good seats, but in the building for someone’s first show, for Chicago and Minnesota.  My first show I was in the top row of the furthest section and I was still hooked.  Due to smaller venues the Texas shows and especially Indy are very tough to come by.  Good luck 

Looking for Noblesville, the others  would not work for us.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Lot of sharks circling

its way early

That explains it.  Everyone and their brother are looking for that one.  Tons of people are lurking for anything that might be posted for sale on that one and things are snapped up instantly.  

I’m looking for that one too tbh.  You may want to consider a second choice if you at all can, though I get that you just said you can’t. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Lot of sharks circling

its way early

That explains it.  Everyone and their brother are looking for that one.  Tons of people are lurking for anything that might be posted for sale on that one and things are snapped up instantly.  

I’m looking for that one too tbh.  You may want to consider a second choice if you at all can, though I get that you just said you can’t. 
    Yeah. At least there is still time. Good luck to you :)
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
    Patience. there will be plenty of tickets the week bonfire the show.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    danofun said:
    Patience. there will be plenty of tickets the week bonfire the show.
    true but it also gets harder to snag the checkout as more people are looking, crap shoot no matter what.. if you just want to be in the door, should be fine.. surly lots of tickets being held on hopes of attending.. plans change, ticket buddies flake, people upgrade and sell
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248

A Single in 117 Night 2 FTW ... 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,036
    Anyone here get those Sec A row BB for Indy? 
  • Options
    Got the error.  

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    PJNB said:
    Anyone here get those Sec A row BB for Indy? 
    Not me dang it. 
  • Options
    The larger dialog box is throwing me off 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    I believe, good sir, you are nicely set up for Indy as is! 

• Options
    edited June 2023
    SHZA said:
    I believe, good sir, you are nicely set up for Indy as is! 
    Ha. Indeed, never even saw those. The box though generally is jarring. I guess TM wants to make a big deal about no hidden junk fees 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    STP1 FloorL row 5 up single
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 683
    I'm going to be canceling my hotel reservation for St. Paul at the Hampton Inn downtown 8/31-9/3 if anyone wants to try and pick it up. I reserved it using Hilton points and will release it at 11:30am eastern today
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    im comfortable with all (4) of my Texas gigs, one GA so far...upgraded 1 show to side stage....but will be trying to get another GA or 2
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 487
    Shameless plea for an Indy ticket, please & thank you.

I tore the plantar fascia in my right foot yesterday lol. Currently in agony & can't walk.

Going to the show so I can see all of fav bands live this year, and because one of my best friends from college lives close enough to Ruoff that she can hear shows from her backyard.

Yours in pain,

Andrew
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
    Shameless plea for an Indy ticket, please & thank you.

I tore the plantar fascia in my right foot yesterday lol. Currently in agony & can't walk.

Going to the show so I can see all of fav bands live this year, and because one of my best friends from college lives close enough to Ruoff that she can hear shows from her backyard.

Yours in pain,

Andrew
    Ugh. Silver-lining, that extra time off your feet should give you plenty of time to F5.. Plus, that backyard seems like a great worst case scenario. Heal up and good luck!
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,326
    Section 119 single up for MN N2. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,326
    Section 104 pair up for MN N2. 
This discussion has been closed.