Options

Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    Had a date with a member from here for tickets, and they were snagged up in an instant. This is bullshit. I was right there for the drop. How could anyone have been faster? What a shitty system for fans to sell tickets to other fans.
    The whole point of the system is to not allow you to directly sell or transfer to anyone in particular, therefore hopefully reducing scalping. 
  • Options
    gregoryieldgregoryield Posts: 274
    edited June 2023
    Indy pavilions up...
    AND gone.
    Post edited by gregoryield on
    PJx69
    EVx11
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,020
    Indy pavilions up...
    AND gone.
    location?
  • Options
    Back up!
  • Options
    Sec E row U
  • Options
    jarfitz1jarfitz1 Indianapolis Posts: 50
    Dammit.  I JUST missed them!  
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,443
    I am cursed on Indy.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    Indy sounds to be the hardest ticket by far. It’s a very similar situation to Camden last year having only about 6k under the roof and 20k+ on the lawn. But even for Camden, a decent number of amphitheater seats started popping up a week or two before the show, so stay vigilant! In other news, I just missed a pair of GAs for St. Paul N2 last night. Hope someone on here got them!
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Wow.  I took my eye off the ball.  What time were the MN2 GAs up?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    100 Pacer said:
    Had a date with a member from here for tickets, and they were snagged up in an instant. This is bullshit. I was right there for the drop. How could anyone have been faster? What a shitty system for fans to sell tickets to other fans.
    At what hour?

It was around midnight EST. I was in touch with the seller. Refreshed when he dropped, saw the tickets, hit next and it said immediately that another fan got them. There was not a second between me seeing them and hitting the button. I understand that this is to avoid scalping but it feels like it is not really effective because this must have been some kind of bot action.
  • Options
    How do people even see these? Are you sitting there all day, F5ing the tm page?
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,335
    How do people even see these? Are you sitting there all day, F5ing the tm page?
    this is what I wonder as well.
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    It’s the amount of people that are looking for tix or trying to upgrade. When I have gotten tix through fan2fan, I will take 15 to 30 minute blocks were I will refresh every few seconds. I am sure there are a lot of people doing this. Once tix post, you have about 10-15 seconds to hit submit on checkout to have a shot.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,644
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

It was around midnight EST. I was in touch with the seller. Refreshed when he dropped, saw the tickets, hit next and it said immediately that another fan got them. There was not a second between me seeing them and hitting the button. I understand that this is to avoid scalping but it feels like it is not really effective because this must have been some kind of bot action.
    Midnight EST is still 9pm on the West coast. It’s unfortunate but far too risky at that hour.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

Midnight EST is still 9pm on the West coast. It’s unfortunate but far too risky at that hour.
    So true

430-5am is best time
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    ddeschler said:
    It was around 830 last night EST. I saw them pop up for a second but by the time I clicked on them they were already gone. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,644
    steven87 said:
    ddeschler said:
    It was around 830 last night EST. I saw them pop up for a second but by the time I clicked on them they were already gone. 
    I was checking and didn’t see them during that time window so likely a well-executed timed drop.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    purplecowpurplecow Posts: 101
    Uppers for FW1 are up. 213 Row 6
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 670
    Aust2 pair 113
    @PJNB
  • Options
    Aust2 pair 113
    @PJNB
    Thanks for the tag. Looking for something closer on the wings to upgrade 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Well, good for those that have no life, I guess :| Maybe I'll just set my alarm for that time one of these days and start the work day early. We want to treat our nephew to his first show. Crux is, when I got word that someone had a pair and we agreed on a drop, we thought we had this in the bag and told him. Now he's all excited and we don't have tickets because we underestimated this stupid process.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 670
    Gone
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Well, good for those that have no life, I guess :| Maybe I'll just set my alarm for that time one of these days and start the work day early. We want to treat our nephew to his first show. Crux is, when I got word that someone had a pair and we agreed on a drop, we thought we had this in the bag and told him. Now he's all excited and we don't have tickets because we underestimated this stupid process.
    What show are you looking for 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,475
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Insult everyone on the board, great strategy. 
  • Options
    It is weird to me why they could not enable these tickets for transfer. Implement restrictions like you have to show ID and it needs to stay the face value price. Anything that remains left a couple of days before the show can be done in this absurd way they do it right now.
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    It is weird to me why they could not enable these tickets for transfer. Implement restrictions like you have to show ID and it needs to stay the face value price. Anything that remains left a couple of days before the show can be done in this absurd way they do it right now.
    Because if you can transfer, they will be scalped. This prevents scalping, at least for the most part.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,174
    I think it is because with a transfer, you can't control the price. It would be private transactions between the ticket holder and the person they are transferring to. So, a much higher chance of major scalping.

• Options
    SHZA said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    At what hour?

So true

430-5am is best time

Insult everyone on the board, great strategy. 
    Huh? If you have a job where you need to be up in the morning and work until 5, 4.30 -5 AM on a week day is not really a convenient time. If you are not successful in getting tickets, you may have to do this several times. And if you aren't a regular night owl, it would not be a good time in general. I in no way mean to insult anyone here, we are all in the same boat.
  • Options
    How would you be able to force face value? Look at Chicago and tell me how to fix that.

Also if it’s transferred 10 times the last person is the one that needs to show ID at the gate. Of course their ID will be good they are the ones going to the show. ID checks only work if it’s implemented on the original ticket buyer with no transfers. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I think it is because with a transfer, you can't control the price. It would be private transactions between the ticket holder and the person they are transferring to. So, a much higher chance of major scalping.

Thanks for the explanation. (Also to you, cottagesteeze). I would think they could restrict the transfer in a way that ensures the price stays face. Anyways, it is what it is. Good luck to all.
This discussion has been closed.