Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,872
    Man I picked a bad time to be offline for an hour!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SK20613SK20613 Posts: 106
    How come Face Value Exchange on Ticketmaster seats are many hundreds of dollars?  

Was going to see if I could get 1 PIT ticket to Chicago N1.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,422
    SK20613 said:
    How come Face Value Exchange on Ticketmaster seats are many hundreds of dollars?  

If you are lucky enough to get pit they are at the lowest price range still. The other tickets you see are the Premium or Platinum priced tickets that are supposes to make up only 10% of the total ticket allotment. Face value for Premium is the price you pay for it as you can not lower or raise that price when you resell. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,531
    SK20613 said:

So... :sips whiskey:

That's because of PJ Premium (aka Official Platinum). If you, or anyone else bought a PJ Premium ticket (surge priced, based on clicks/popularity & seat location), you can ONLY resell it for what you paid for it.

Some of those tickets sold for $900-$1k, and now those buyers are stuck only being able to sell them for what they paid on Ticketmaster (or taking a hit on a 3rd party site like SH, SG, or insert nefarious site here). And that's just for Chicago, Illinois tix. 

Welcome to the party, pal.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    PJNB said:
    SK20613 said:

If you are lucky enough to get pit they are at the lowest price range still. The other tickets you see are the Premium or Platinum priced tickets that are supposes to make up only 10% of the total ticket allotment. Face value for Premium is the price you pay for it as you can not lower or raise that price when you resell. 
    Also what he said.

Thankfully, GA/Pit hasn't been affected, so if you see those pop up as singles, or pairs? It's usually face value at $160-ish.

It's just Cutthroat, is all😅
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • SK20613SK20613 Posts: 106
    Go Animal said:
    SK20613 said:

That's because of PJ Premium (aka Official Platinum). If you, or anyone else bought a PJ Premium ticket (surge priced, based on clicks/popularity & seat location), you can ONLY resell it for what you paid for it.

Some of those tickets sold for $900-$1k, and now those buyers are stuck only being able to sell them for what they paid on Ticketmaster (or taking a hit on a 3rd party site like SH, SG, or insert nefarious site here). And that's just for Chicago, Illinois tix. 

Thanks! what's your whiskey of choice?

So did all those tickets listed as PJ Premium not go to tenclub members (there's rows after rows of them)? It would be pretty shitty if that's why 10C members were further back. I don't forum a ton, so I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir.

I figured GA was a long shot, but figured I'd look.

SK20613 said:
    Go Animal said:
    SK20613 said:

So did all those tickets listed as PJ Premium not go to tenclub members (there's rows after rows of them)? It would be pretty shitty if that's why 10C members were further back. I don't forum a ton, so I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir.

10C are further back due to more 10C tickets per show given out now as well as the shitty Premium tickets 
    PJNB said:
    SK20613 said:
    Go Animal said:
    SK20613 said:

10C are further back due to more 10C tickets per show given out now as well as the shitty Premium tickets 
    ☝️
    And every week it feels like, a new row of Premiums comes out, and my first thought is always "Yeah, that should've gone to some 10 clubbers."

On the bright side, the ones that don't sell? (blue dots only) they'll revert to Standard pricing on the day of show. Risky, but has potential!

I upgraded my LA night 1's thar way last year!

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,595
    Go Animal said:
    PJNB said:
    SK20613 said:
    Go Animal said:
    SK20613 said:

☝️
    And every week it feels like, a new row of Premiums comes out, and my first thought is always "Yeah, that should've gone to some 10 clubbers."

On the bright side, the ones that don't sell? (blue dots only) they'll revert to Standard pricing on the day of show. Risky, but has potential!

Yep.... all those rows in StPaul of blue dots will start dropping... stay tuned
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,796
    Hoping today is the day for some Fort Worth GA Drops!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    Have a pair for Chi N2 in section 119 that I'll drop this morning at 8:30CST. These are rear/side but still potentially an upgrade for someone. 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,531
    Hoping for more Chicago action today. Both nights 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    PJammin said:
    Have a pair for Chi N2 in section 119 that I'll drop this morning at 8:30CST. These are rear/side but still potentially an upgrade for someone. 
    Just submitted - should be up in a couple minutes. 
  • rylanrylan Posts: 230
    Just put up two for St Paul N2. Section 111 
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    Go Animal said:
    PJNB said:
    SK20613 said:
    Go Animal said:
    SK20613 said:

☝️

I was hoping that would happen for Austin, but they all eventually disappeared. It took several weeks but they either sold or TM gradually started pulling them. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    jwc6160 said:
    Go Animal said:
    PJNB said:
    SK20613 said:
    Go Animal said:
    SK20613 said:

☝️

I was hoping that would happen for Austin, but they all eventually disappeared. It took several weeks but they either sold or TM gradually started pulling them. 
    Dont forget, day of for first show of city pair, early afternoon they will drop tickets. Added tickets to the floor near sound mix always happens, some rear floor could happen, sides that venue marked as possible obstruction. ( Once the stage is setup and they know all the site lines and space on the floor,) Look at the map for moody compared to pics of past shows. I see 15 rows in middle floor compared to 9 as the map shows now.. 
  • laa1025laa1025 Posts: 138
    Go Animal said:

☝️

Were you able to sell the LA night one's that you had?
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    These shows have had more demand than LA. It was pretty obvious early on that there were many LA tickets available at regular price that would never sell. 
    edited August 2023
    SHZA said:
    These shows have had more demand than LA. It was pretty obvious early on that there were many LA tickets available at regular price that would never sell. 
    Better to compare to STL and NAS from 22, those day of tickets would still show up and sell in seconds.. I would compare LA shows in 2022 to STP shows this year.. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,199
    Agreed.  I had a lower level pair of LA tickets that went unsold last year.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    jwc6160 said:
    Go Animal said:
    PJNB said:
    SK20613 said:
    Go Animal said:
    SK20613 said:

☝️

Dont forget, day of for first show of city pair, early afternoon they will drop tickets. Added tickets to the floor near sound mix always happens, some rear floor could happen, sides that venue marked as possible obstruction. ( Once the stage is setup and they know all the site lines and space on the floor,) Look at the map for moody compared to pics of past shows. I see 15 rows in middle floor compared to 9 as the map shows now.. 
    This is what i'm hoping for. I'll be there with side stage in hand checking all weekend. If I can score a good upgrade the day of and have to eat my current sides, I won't even care at this point. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • 100 Pacer said:
    101 Row 17 for St Paul 1

101 Row 17 for St Paul 2
    Nice, I may have bought these from you off Ticketmaster.  Bought a single for SP1 and SP2, same section same row both nights. If so, thank you!
  • mattl8787 said:
    Go Animal said:
    jwc6160 said:
    mattl8787 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    101 Row 17 for St Paul 1

101 Row 17 for St Paul 2
    These are already on Seat Geek. Brutal
    how are they available on seat geek? can't they only be resold for purchase price through TM?
    People are creating extra TM accounts, and either selling tix & sending access to the account so the buyer can "wallet" them, or selling the WHOLE account. Brutal, shitty.
    Bingo
    That sucks. Considering I bought 101 Row 17 for each night off of Ticketmaster, should I be concerned that someone could use my ticket before I get in via Apple Wallet?
    mattl8787 said:
    Go Animal said:
    jwc6160 said:
    mattl8787 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    101 Row 17 for St Paul 1

101 Row 17 for St Paul 2
    how are they available on seat geek? can't they only be resold for purchase price through TM?
    People are creating extra TM accounts, and either selling tix & sending access to the account so the buyer can "wallet" them, or selling the WHOLE account. Brutal, shitty.
    Bingo
    That sucks. Considering I bought 101 Row 17 for each night off of Ticketmaster, should I be concerned that someone could use my ticket before I get in via Apple Wallet?
    No

Tickets are not available yet to put in your wallet. On top of that when you buy tickets on TM they are actually your tickets and the seller does not have access to them anymore.
    mattl8787 said:
    Go Animal said:
    jwc6160 said:
    mattl8787 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    101 Row 17 for St Paul 1

101 Row 17 for St Paul 2
    Bingo
    No, the tickets once released to you, they are yours. TM will not release the tickets until 3 days ( 72 hours) from show time. At that point tickets in your account you can move them to your wallet. 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    100 Pacer said:
    101 Row 17 for St Paul 1

101 Row 17 for St Paul 2
    Nice, I may have bought these from you off Ticketmaster.  Bought a single for SP1 and SP2, same section same row both nights. If so, thank you!
    Those weren't resale. They dropped the entire row for both nights yesterday morning.
    edited August 2023
    laa1025 said:
    Go Animal said:

☝️

Were you able to sell the LA night one's that you had?
    I was! They were very good lower 100's. Being aisle seats helped😅
    Post edited by Go Animal on

SHZA said:
    Better to compare to STL and NAS from 22, those day of tickets would still show up and sell in seconds.. I would compare LA shows in 2022 to STP shows this year.. 
    Sounds about right. And I would compare Chicago 2023 to MSG 2016. Tough! But obtainable.

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    MSG was much tougher though due to only one night and no F2F option. Everything on stubhub was off the charts. Having face value opportunities for Chicago is a game changer. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,462
    SHZA said:
    MSG was much tougher though due to only one night and no F2F option. Everything on stubhub was off the charts. Having face value opportunities for Chicago is a game changer. 
    I thought id be able to pick up something decent for Chicago 2, but I never even see anything good refreshing all day long.
This discussion has been closed.