Options

Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,545
    Stoj said:
    Good lord - can they at least turn on F2F for the completely sold out shows?
    it makes better sense to turn it on now, let the churn go and it will die out making people who didnt get any to bite the bullet and go premium... Or that is why they turned it on for day, make people think all the F2F are sold.. 
    I could never see TM manipulating the marketplace to increase their profit. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,783
    Anyone check the switch?

• Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    I know its expected from this complete shit company, but turning it off and not giving any guidance about when it will be back on again is pretty low even for them. If I was a seller, i'd be even more irritated. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    Brndoggy said:
    I cant believe it is still down.  Anyone else see it up at all for F2F tonight?
    No. I'm pretty sure they intentionally took it down until they unload more inventory. I was actually surprised it started as early as it did. When they said May, I didn't expect to see anything until the end of the month.
    Totally agree. I was shocked to see it on so early. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,184
    jwc6160 said:
    I know its expected from this complete shit company, but turning it off and not giving any guidance about when it will be back on again is pretty low even for them. If I was a seller, i'd be even more irritated
    I'm irritated with myself for being lazy. When I upgraded Monday, I meant to list my floor seats. But then I was like, "Eh, I'll just do it in the morning. Same difference."
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    JimmyV said:
    Brndoggy said:
    No. I'm pretty sure they intentionally took it down until they unload more inventory. I was actually surprised it started as early as it did. When they said May, I didn't expect to see anything until the end of the month.
    I'd believe they turned it on by mistake.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,280
    I just want some damn tickets for Saint Paul, but stalking Ticketmaster is miserable.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,886
    jwc6160 said:
    I know its expected from this complete shit company, but turning it off and not giving any guidance about when it will be back on again is pretty low even for them. If I was a seller, i'd be even more irritated
    I'm irritated with myself for being lazy. When I upgraded Monday, I meant to list my floor seats. But then I was like, "Eh, I'll just do it in the morning. Same difference."
    Floor seats? Do tell...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    The TM/Livenation $25 all in sale can lead to some good finds. We did the Outlaw Music Festival last year (Willie Nelson/Billy Strings/Avett Bros) and it was well worth the price.

And if you think I'm not eyeing Yacht Rock Revue this morning then you don't know me at all.

• Options
    jwc6160 said:
    Floor seats? Do tell...
    St Paul N1. Row 21. Aisle seats.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    The TM/Livenation $25 all in sale can lead to some good finds.
    But there are no tickets available. Another LN/TM screwup.

• Options
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:

I saw some earlier. Is it down? Probably varies between show and venue. (Or it's another shit show. 50/50)

• Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 466
    Here's the response I got from TM about 12 hours after I chatted with them (they said I'd receive a reply within 4 hours):
    "I see that you are trying to sell your tickets. 
    Please be informed that not all events or tickets are available for resale. If the button doesn’t appear, is grayed out or you receive a message that the Event Organizer hasn’t activated resale, your tickets aren’t eligible for resale.
    You may check your Ticketmaster account from time to time as any changes may be posted in your event details."
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:

I saw some earlier. Is it down? Probably varies between show and venue. (Or it's another shit show. 50/50)
    I checked a bunch of shows, not a single one.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    The TM/Livenation $25 all in sale can lead to some good finds. We did the Outlaw Music Festival last year (Willie Nelson/Billy Strings/Avett Bros) and it was well worth the price.

And if you think I'm not eyeing Yacht Rock Revue this morning then you don't know me at all.
    Yeah, last year I had some good finds. Black Crowes, Band of Horses & Black Keys, Avett Brothers...

Haven't checked out the offerings this year yet.
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    logan5ive said:
    Here's the response I got from TM about 12 hours after I chatted with them (they said I'd receive a reply within 4 hours):
    "I see that you are trying to sell your tickets. 
    Please be informed that not all events or tickets are available for resale. If the button doesn’t appear, is grayed out or you receive a message that the Event Organizer hasn’t activated resale, your tickets aren’t eligible for resale.
    You may check your Ticketmaster account from time to time as any changes may be posted in your event details."
    LOL. I swear there is just some asshole corp exec that has access to the switch posted above and is just tormenting everyone. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    They're starting to show up now, got one for Maneskin. There aren't as many shows I want to see this year, oh well.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,454
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    Brndoggy said:
    This
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 782
    edited May 2023
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    Brndoggy said:
    This
    Much of what we perceive to be mistakes by these corporate giants are in fact very calculated decisions. They turned on F2F, which created a buzz. They turned off F2F, which created a false sense of scarcity. They then added additional, overpriced PJ Premium seats because the masses have to have their seats NOW! This was all very intentional and designed to manipulate consumer psyche and maximize profits.

Don't fall for their trap! Patience and persistence will get you great, face value seats for whatever show(s) you desire. Friends don't let friends buy PJ Premium.
    Post edited by danofun on
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    danofun said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    Brndoggy said:
    This
    Much of what we perceive to be mistakes by these corporate giants are in fact very calculated decisions. They turned on F2F, which created a buzz. They turned off F2F, which created a false sense of scarcity. They then added additional, overpriced PJ Premium seats because the masses have to have their seats NOW! This was all very intentional and designed to manipulate consumer psyche and maximize profits.

Don't fall for their trap! Patience and persistence will get you great, face value seats for whatever show(s) you desire. Friends don't let friends buy PJ Premium.
    Absolutely agree.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,088
    ☝️
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:

Just grabbed tickets for Beck, Smashing Pumpkins, Gov't Mule/Avett Brothers, Incubus, Outlaw Music Fest, and Matchbox 20, all at the same venue. Took some trying, but I got reserved aisle seats for all but two shows.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,160
    This is torture to my refresh need
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,050
    Grabbed some for the Goo Goo Dolls and 3 Doors Down. $50 is a cheap date night nowadays!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 691
    edited May 2023
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:

n/a
    Post edited by halv on
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    This is torture to my refresh need
    Lol. I think that's why I bought so many. 2 of those, I'm not even really all that interested. But I just bought 6 shows for less than the cost of 1 PJ show.  =)
  • Options
    halv said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:

Same thing for me. I logged in right when tickets went on sale. Checked 6 shows in Vancouver and none had $25 seats. Kept checking back throughout the morning to be sure and nothing. Bogus.
    I think I've gotten emails from half the venues in the US this morning, each one containing a link which lists what shows would have availability. Did you get any of those?
    Also, there were presales for the $25 deal. So, if it's a popular band in a larger market, it's possible the amount of tickets they allotted for this deal had already run out. Trust me, $25 tickets for most of these shows won't last all week.
  • Options
    goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    jwc6160 said:
    Floor seats? Do tell...
    St Paul N1. Row 21. Aisle seats.
    Can we set up a drop?
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,295
    Seems like it is still shut down.  Been monitoring it for days and never saw a single ticket since the first rush.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,280
    Seems like it is still shut down.  Been monitoring it for days and never saw a single ticket since the first rush.
    Ditto. The one afternoon I wasn't checking is when it was active...
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.