Options

Jordan Neely

13»

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    mickeyrat said:

Stop bringing up dudes record as a justification for the incident. NONE OF HIS SHIT WAS KNOWN......  Typical black victim blaming bullshit.

+1
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    edited May 2023
    mickeyrat said:

Stop bringing up dudes record as a justification for the incident. NONE OF HIS SHIT WAS KNOWN......  Typical black victim blaming bullshit.

+1
    Definitely with you guys on this one.  

Had he been treated properly after his mother passed and beyond he probably wouldn’t have had a record (maybe, maybe not, we’ll never know).  Same goes for Daniel.  I can’t imagine serving my country and seeing, doing those things expected of me.  I’d never leave the house again.  I’m not excusing either one’s behavior.  Just a messed up situation all around.  

Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    It’s sad how the first thing most people wonder during incidents such as these is what the color of the skin is of those involved. I’m not judging because it’s one the first things I think of as well (which I’m trying to correct). Lady justice is blindfolded to represent equality in our court systems. This goes back to Roman Greek times but I doubt justice was blind back then either. Has Justice ever been blind? Stupid woman needs that blindfold taken off (sometimes she does actually appear without it).
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,669
    And so it begins. How long before Maggie Three Names offers him an internship? Gift article.

https://wapo.st/41DApj8
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    mickeyrat said:

+1
    It doesn't matter if it was known at the time...it matters because it shows a pattern of assault against innocent people. Add that to the fact (assumed...based on witness statements) that he said he was ready to die in jail for what he was going to do and a situation blows up.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

+1
    It doesn't matter if it was known at the time...it matters because it shows a pattern of assault against innocent people. Add that to the fact (assumed...based on witness statements) that he said he was ready to die in jail for what he was going to do and a situation blows up.
    His record doesn't justify what happened to him. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    To me this is 100% on the NYC. There has be a better system in place. The public shouldn’t be left to deal with this. Judges need to be held accountable, case workers , agencies, all need to be held accountable for their decisions that end up costing innocent lives. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    nicknyr15 said:
    To me this is 100% on the NYC. There has be a better system in place. The public shouldn’t be left to deal with this. Judges need to be held accountable, case workers , agencies, all need to be held accountable for their decisions that end up costing innocent lives. 
    Good ol Ronnie Reagan let people out of the asylums in the 80's and it saved the country billions.

What type of backlash would we have if we started to gather up these people with mental health issues and lock them up?  Even if it's for their own good and for the public, what kind of look will that have?

I'm actually for it but I wouldn't want people to be doped up so they don't know what's real or not.
  • Options
    To me it's as much a result of the piss poor mental health care we have in this country as anything else. 

I have a family member who's been seeking help for mental health since February, and she can't seem to get anywhere in the system. She keeps getting redirected to one program or another and her health care providers really don't know what to do with her. It's f'ing maddening. 
  • Options
    To me it's as much a result of the piss poor mental health care we have in this country as anything else. 

I have a family member who's been seeking help for mental health since February, and she can't seem to get anywhere in the system. She keeps getting redirected to one program or another and her health care providers really don't know what to do with her. It's f'ing maddening. 
    Agreed. A little different, I was a primary caretaker for my grandma who had dementia for z5 years.  And similarly, there’s no solid place and plan to help these people. It was maddening , And it’s not like mental health illness or dementia are new. I seem to hear about both more than ever. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,020
    cutz said:
    "Sensitive content" and can't see it.
    Three people were restraining Neely. So two people came to the marine's assistance
    Were the other 2 chraged?
    So you have two people helping and a woman filming it looks like and the person sitting filming.

Charge them too.

Sitting idle shouldn’t be given a free pass.  They could have helped.
    Charge people for not helping? What is this, the series finale of Seinfeld? 
    I don't agree with that, you can't charge people for not getting involved. Even if you wanted to, there's too many variables and complications. How do you determine who is able to? How are they supposed to know who to assist, the guy causing the problems or the guy who took the self defense too far? Too many things to consider to charge people for not helping. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:
    Three people were restraining Neely. So two people came to the marine's assistance
    So you have two people helping and a woman filming it looks like and the person sitting filming.

Charge them too.

I don't agree with that, you can't charge people for not getting involved. Even if you wanted to, there's too many variables and complications. How do you determine who is able to? How are they supposed to know who to assist, the guy causing the problems or the guy who took the self defense too far? Too many things to consider to charge people for not helping. 
    There was actually a case where people got charged for just that.

Also the other cops that watched Chauvin kneel on Floyds neck were also charged, why?  They didn't do anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

Charge them too.

Also the other cops that watched Chauvin kneel on Floyds neck were also charged, why?  They didn't do anything.
    Because they were the police though. None of the civilian bystanders were charged, which were a lot.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

Charge them too.

Whats the other example? I just googled it and, according to the inter webs, generally there is no requirement to give aid. There are a couple of states that have exceptions. But even in those exceptions, you are not required if it puts yourself in danger. I would think breaking up a fight would easily be considered putting yourself in danger. I would think that law is more like if you see someone having a heart attack on the sidewalk, you need to call 911 and not just step over him.
  • Options
    I would think that most people felt like Neely was just being restrained. He was still moving until the very end.

It's horribly unfortunate. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I would be fine with laws that require calling 911 or some other non physical involvement. 
    But strongly disagree with any requirement for physical involvement, especially if it puts you in physical danger.
    We took an infant CPR class when our first kid was born. One of the things I remember is the teacher talking about how to expect to be sued if you perform CPR on a stranger in public. He cited cases where good samaritans were sued because the person receiving it felt embarrassed or some other equally crazy reason to sue someone who saved your life. 
    There's just too many complications, go to jail if you don't help, and get sued if you do.
  • Options
    I would think that most people felt like Neely was just being restrained. He was still moving until the very end.

It's horribly unfortunate. 
    Agreed 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I would be fine with laws that require calling 911 or some other non physical involvement. 
    But strongly disagree with any requirement for physical involvement, especially if it puts you in physical danger.
    We took an infant CPR class when our first kid was born. One of the things I remember is the teacher talking about how to expect to be sued if you perform CPR on a stranger in public. He cited cases where good samaritans were sued because the person receiving it felt embarrassed or some other equally crazy reason to sue someone who saved your life. 
    There's just too many complications, go to jail if you don't help, and get sued if you do.
    It's been years but I remember a similar statement when I took a CPR class. People get sued for doing it too forcefully, not doing it correctly (resulting in death), etc. 

And now with everyone having cell phone video it just opens up more liability if you are truly doing it "wrong." 

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    It's been years but I remember a similar statement when I took a CPR class. People get sued for doing it too forcefully, not doing it correctly (resulting in death), etc. 

And now with everyone having cell phone video it just opens up more liability if you are truly doing it "wrong." 
    I remember some wire sore or bruised. But the specific example I remember most was none of those. The guy (I think he was even a doctor) did everything right. But I guess the way her body was laid out, her blouse exposed her bra, so she sued the doctor because she was embarrassed.  He was worried about saving her life, not the position her blouse was in. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

Charge them too.

Whats the other example? I just googled it and, according to the inter webs, generally there is no requirement to give aid. There are a couple of states that have exceptions. But even in those exceptions, you are not required if it puts yourself in danger. I would think breaking up a fight would easily be considered putting yourself in danger. I would think that law is more like if you see someone having a heart attack on the sidewalk, you need to call 911 and not just step over him.
    Heres one.  I'll find others.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/16/this-ohio-man-filmed-a-fatal-car-crash-instead-of-helping-then-police-arrested-him/
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

Charge them too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/16/this-ohio-man-filmed-a-fatal-car-crash-instead-of-helping-then-police-arrested-him/
    Just read it. I wouldn't consider that being charged for not helping. He was charged with vehicular trespassing
    A little bit of a gray area. As it sounds like the authorities were so disgusted with him just filming the kids dying that they came up with a charge. He even opened a door to get a better shot of the dying kids and didn't offer any help. They even admit it in the article, they wanted to charge him with something, but didn't know what. So they decided on vehicular trespassing since he opened the door.  But it wasn't the not helping they charged him with, it was wondering around the crime scene and opening the car door. Had he just stood back and not filmed, I doubt he would have been charged with anything. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

Charge them too.

Just read it. I wouldn't consider that being charged for not helping. He was charged with trespassing into a crime scene.

A little bit of a gray area. As it sounds like the authorities were so disgusted with him just filming the kids dying that they came up with a charge. He even opened a door to get a better shot of the dying kids and didn't offer any help. But it wasn't the not helping they charged him with, it was wondering around the crime scene and opening the car door. Had he just stood back and not filmed, I doubt he would have been charged with anything. 
    There was one incident I remember that people filmed instead of helping and they were charged.  I'll see if I can find that.  It was a while ago.
  • Options
    Morally you're a douchebag if you don't help. But I just don't see how the law can require it. Especially in a world where people are afraid to help with lawsuits. If there's a law requiring people to help, it should be illegal to sue. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/15/opinions/ron-desantis-jordan-neely-comments-obeidallah/index.html

it appears some are closer on the opinion spectrum to MTG than they'd probably like to believe...
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    He’s been indicted! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....